Windows 10: Reboot issues

Discus and support Reboot issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I boiught a new Dell Laptop came with Windows 10 and every now and again it reboots with no reason I do my updates daily I even did a diagnostic in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gordie, Feb 24, 2018.

1. gordie Win User

Reboot issues

I boiught a new Dell Laptop came with Windows 10 and every now and again it reboots with no reason I do my updates daily I even did a diagnostic in Bios set start up programs to on what needed I give up I thought Windows 10 was suppose to be better
    I'm thinking on going Linux and saying bye bye Windows if this what is going to be

:)

gordie, Feb 24, 2018

2. rebooting issue

Which Antivirus utlity do you have installed?

Try these first to see if they work:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also run the System File Checker utility:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

This will check for any integrity violations

Restart your system

If that does not work, try performing a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2018
  3. 93tid Win User
    Reboot issues

Unfortunately this error message means that the bootloader is corrupt beyond repair. The only solution is to replace the main board - if you can find one and if you want to pay what it would cost, which is probably more than a new phone.

93tid, Feb 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Reboot issues

If it's new, sorry to suggest the obvious, but try taking it or sending it back rather than spending time trying to diagnose it. I suggest you don't blame Windows for random restarts- that's not typical. Actually, in more than 18 months of using Windows I've only twice had a BSOD -and that was a 3rd party program bug.

Random restarts could well be hardware- albeit it's new.

Try a clean boot and see if that still happens.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2018
  5. Hi,
    Good way to trouble shoot the problem is with another os *Smile
    You can use this to monitor the temperatures when it starts or shuts down prematurely
    Download Core Temp - MajorGeeks

ThrashZone, Feb 24, 2018
  6. gordie Win User
    I did a diagnose from bios and I'll keep in touch but when I restarted it was configuring an update so hopefully

gordie, Feb 25, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    zbook, Feb 25, 2018
  8. gordie Win User

Reboot issues

fresh installed W10 think the problem driver issue with Dell and update drivers from Microsoft haven't downloaded the Dell drivers just updates from Microsoft so far hasn't rebooted so I'll keep you informed

gordie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reboot issues

1. Reboot issues - Similar Threads - Reboot issues

2. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  3. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  4. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. AX211 WIFI Connection issues - Full Signal Strength, No Internet until Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AX211 WIFI Connection issues - Full Signal Strength, No Internet until Reboot: Hello All,I have been battling the Wifi Network Card in my laptop for weeks now, and am not sure how to proceed forward. I'll put the full specs below, but the summary is the following: I am running a Dell XPS15 9520 Brand New - Only a few weeks old and am having constant...
  6. AX211 WIFI Connection issues - Full Signal Strength, No Internet until Reboot

AX211 WIFI Connection issues - Full Signal Strength, No Internet until Reboot: Hello All,I have been battling the Wifi Network Card in my laptop for weeks now, and am not sure how to proceed forward. I'll put the full specs below, but the summary is the following: I am running a Dell XPS15 9520 Brand New - Only a few weeks old and am having constant...
  7. Reboot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot issue: PC was factory reset, now its stuck on the blue loading screen where it wont even get past or load to set up the pc. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-issue/a7662fc7-58fe-4a09-81b7-089017a0e837
  8. Reboot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot issue: PC was factory reset, now its stuck on the blue loading screen where it wont even get past or load to set up the pc. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-issue/a7662fc7-58fe-4a09-81b7-089017a0e837
  9. Reboot issue

10. BSOD Issue: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issue: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e: Hi all, I recently built a new PC and it's running into blue screen issues every once in a while. this is the full error code it gives The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000096, 0xffffb90bfbe180fa, 0x0000000000000000,...