Windows 10: Reboot just stuck on splash screen, have to turn off btn

Discus and support Reboot just stuck on splash screen, have to turn off btn in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have this issue on some early builds, but with previous build i did not had this issue (or i solved it but doing some stuff i don't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netuser, Jan 24, 2015.

1. netuser Win User

Reboot just stuck on splash screen, have to turn off btn

Hi,

I have this issue on some early builds, but with previous build i did not had this issue (or i solved it but doing some stuff i don't remember lol) and it is back again. I don't know if it is because of my Laptop .

When I reboot from start menu, the computer shut off and Reboot, but then stay there with Acer Splash screen and nothing happens. I have to force shut down with long press on power button and then it work fine. Same thing if I shutdown the computer with start menu, when i power on it stay on splash screen and I have to Press power button to turn off and turn on again to make it work.

Here is some history about my computer:

Acer Aspire 7 52 Bought about 8 months ago.

Initially I had the Windows 8.1 on stock HDD, then I bought an Crucial SSD and tried to clone the HDD on it, which worked but I had some issue time to time like after Sleep or reboot it randomly choose to boot on HDD or SSD and it messed up a lot of thing.

So I decided to install clean version, then I saw Win TP being out so i give it a try and installed Win 10 on SSD. (win 8.1 is still on HDD but it is corrupted and i can not boot on it, though i still get option at start and also recovery of 8.1 fail each time i try to restore it some how it don't like my SSD)

Now I don't know if my issue of reboot etc.. and related to this that is why I gave you some back story. If anyone can help me set it correctly so that i don,t have these issue, that would be great *Smile

Thanks a lot in advance *Smile

:)

netuser, Jan 24, 2015

2. Nokia lumia Icon (929) stuck in reboot loop

I had been running windows 10 for a bout a month, then phone started a reboot loop. The phone turns on gets to the Nokia splash screen then turns off vibrates and goes back to the Nokia splash screen. and will do this for a short time like one or two cycles
    or until the battery dies. it is a toss up how long it will last. I have unplugged the battery. used the windows device recovery and back dated to 8.1 and problem is still happening.

HarleyGoedhart, Jan 24, 2015
  3. dankadar Win User
    Samsung Blackjack will not power on

My Blackjack will not turn on, it just gets stuck in the Windows Mobile splash screen. I have tried taking the battery out, booting it with and without the system, and even tried a hard reset and formatting it. Nothing works. Any ideas?

dankadar, Jan 24, 2015
  4. netuser Win User

Bumping if anyone can help *Redface

netuser, Jan 24, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    well if cloned win8 is now corrupt ,and it doesn't contain any needed personal data ,,why not do a clean install of win10 ,formating the cloned win8 partition ,and install 10 on it , if you dont have latest win10 iso you can download it from this site .
    Download Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows

caperjack, Jan 25, 2015
  6. netuser Win User
    I know that, but I already have clean install of Wind 10 on my SSD , why would you want me to install an other copy of Win 10 on HDD :S I want to have win 8.1 there.

My main issue is the reboot that get stuck on spalsh screen how to solve that :S

netuser, Jan 25, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Have you tried turning off fast startup? I don't know if it will help or not. Worth a try though.

Winuser, Jan 26, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

sorry I found you first post really hard to under stand ,thought I got what you were saying ,but I guess I was wrong

caperjack, Jan 26, 2015
  9. netuser Win User
    I just turned it off, but it clearly says it wont affect restart *Sad

netuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reboot just stuck on splash screen, have to turn off btn - Similar Threads - Reboot stuck splash

2. have to reboot from turn off mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    have to reboot from turn off mode: have to reboot every time after being turned off pc desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-to-reboot-from-turn-off-mode/5dc8c86f-6b78-4e89-a83f-568aee816e32
  3. PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!: I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 (with 16 GB RAM) on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on the screen for 32 seconds after which the rest of the actions go much faster than my previous HDD. Any suggestions? 173150
  4. October 2nd Sudoku Stuck on Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    October 2nd Sudoku Stuck on Splash Screen: On October 2nd Microsoft Sudoku starts and goes to a splash screen. Will not open completely to the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled did nothing. Did the WSreset as admin and that process of troubleshooting windows store app and nothing changed. When uninstalling and...
  5. Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Stuck on Blue Splash Screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HumDar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igovpz/windows_store_stuck_on_blue_splash_screen/
  6. Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen: I’m trying to update a family friends old computer from windows xp to windows 10 through a flash drive. The computer has 1 gb of ram and meets all other minimum requirements but when I boot from the flash drive it just shows the windows logo with no loading circle and nothing...
  7. PC turns off, black screen, reboots. AMD. Have Event Logs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off, black screen, reboots. AMD. Have Event Logs.: Specs: Dell Inspiron 5675 (5680?) gaming PC | AMD Ryzen 1700x | Rx580 8gb (factory blower style) | 8 GB RAM | 256 gb m.2 and 1tb HDD I've been dealing with this issue for a couple of months now. The computer just crashes, BSOD, then restarts on it's own. I'm getting quite...
  8. Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup: I have updated my laptops and desktops to Windows 10 recently, coming from Windows 7. On startup, and sometimes amidst usage, Skype for business starts itself and then hangs at the splash screen; thus I cannot disable it from starting automatically. How can I fully remove...
  9. Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins: It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens. Then my 120 ssd died but not before i could clone it and it did the same on the new ssd. So i tried a clean install and cured...
  10. HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen: OK, I recently 'upgraded' my windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine since Christmas, then today it just freezes on the windows 10 splash screen, which as I'm sure you can guess is incredibly annoying, any help would be awesome, thanks in advance 35508