Windows 10: reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders

Discus and support reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have two separate SSD's on which I have two installations of Windows 10. For simplicity's sake, let's say I started working with Disk 1,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eggo85, Jul 31, 2018.

1. eggo85 Win User

reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders

Hello,

I have two separate SSD's on which I have two installations of Windows 10. For simplicity's sake, let's say I started working with Disk 1, then installed W10 on disk 2. I set the BIOS to use disk 2 and have been running with disk 2 for the last 6 months.

Last night I needed to get data and a few other things off of disk 1 so I set the boot in the BIOS to disk 1. I booted in, generated and copied some data files, rebooted, and went into the bios to change the boot order back to disk 2.

Now I'm stuck in the Automatic Repair loop that many folks have seen if I set the BIOS to boot from disk 2.

Even more interestingly, when I boot back into disk 1 and look at the mounted disk 2 (it's currently the G:\ drive) there are only 4 folders: NVIDIA, Python35, temp, and WINDOWS. No users folder. No Program Files. No Program Files x86.

I always turn off the "hide extensions, don't show hidden", so it's not that. If I open a command prompt and try a "cd users" from the g:\ drive I get "The system cannot find the path specified."

If I boot from disk 2 into the command prompt from the Auto Repair screen and change drives to disk 2 and do a dir, I see the 4 directories I mentioned. Again, doing a "cd users" from there yields the same "The system cannot find the path specified." Interestingly, if I cd into the Windows folder and do a dir it only lists a "Logs" subdir. Nothing else. No system32, no Windows files, nothing!

I used two different data recovery tools and neither shows any of the files that I need as having been deleted, although it does show files I did manually delete from days earlier. It's as if those directories never existed!

:)

eggo85, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 31, 2018
  4. reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders

1. reboot loop, missing users, windows, programfiles folders - Similar Threads - reboot loop missing

2. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  3. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  4. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Folder Missing

User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  6. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  7. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Duplicate folders incl. Windows, Users, ProgramFiles, etc. in file explorer

Duplicate folders incl. Windows, Users, ProgramFiles, etc. in file explorer: Hello all, is there anyone who have seen it before? Any idea how to fix doubled / duplicate folders in file explorer - Win 10? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Thx for help. Martin...
  9. User folder missing

User folder missing: Hi! I got a second hard drive and moved my Pictures folder there. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned. The entire new hard drive kind of became the default Pictures folder. I tried moving it back, but it wouldn't let me. It would only read "Failed to Build list of regular...
  10. Users Folder Missing

Users Folder Missing: Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and after I did that, most of my desktop shortcuts vanished, I when I tried to access anything from "C\:Users" I saw that the whole...