Windows 10: Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting

Discus and support Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Using a Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-NW270D) that originally came with 64bit Windows 7, it was upgraded to 10 earlier in the year and the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baresi, Dec 2, 2016.

1. baresi Win User

Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting

Hi all,

Using a Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-NW270D) that originally came with 64bit Windows 7, it was upgraded to 10 earlier in the year and the only issue was every once few times (at most only 20% of time) waking up from sleep would not turn on monitor (external neither) but by its lights I could it see it's running, reboot by holding power button would bring it back to normal. I guess this last time it caused errors. After similar reboot it is stuck on a repair boot, first "Diagnosing" then "Automatic repair" and then "Repairing...this could take an hour" but every time it reaches 34% goes back to "Diagnosing". I searched for ways of trying to reach windows 10 troubleshooting screen like catching it right after reboot, pressing F8, etc but that Windows 10 screen never seems to appear for me to try to troubleshoot via there. Are there sure ways to get to it?

I tried a Fedora live CD I have and it doesn't load and shows a bunch of block(?) errors, then used Puppy Linux one and it mounts/loads, but with an error, but at least it seems to mount the drive and am copying personal files to a USB flash just in case.

I did fdisk -l to show here but took a pic to also show that ntfs mount error.

https://i.imgur.com/XjA1Whs.jpg

Any one of those WinRE can be used to fix errors and recover? or perhaps downloading 10 iso? ... best way to proceed to fix.

Thanks

:)

baresi, Dec 2, 2016

2. Win10 reboot loop and troubleshooting issues

Hi Erick,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would like to know few more details on the below questions to understand the issue better.

1. Did you try to upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Update or an Installation Media?

2. Which OS did your system had before installing Windows 10?

3. Is your Windows 8 is activated prior installing Windows 10?

We can freely upgrade to Windows 10, if we have Windows 7 with service pack 1 or Windows 8.1 with all the updates.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 2, 2016
  3. ErickDA Win User
    Win10 reboot loop and troubleshooting issues

Hi everyone,

So recently my notebook suddenly has reboot loop issues, so at this point I cannot get to my log in screen

After researching the issue, I tried following the the answer from Windows 10 Restart loop

The thing is that, as I tried the Startup Repair, it says it couldn't repair my PC and there is some kind of referencing to log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Then i tried command prompt, what I found after I input command bootrec /scanos and /rebuildbcd is that it says there are 0 windows installation identified.

When I tried to reset my PC with removing all my files, it also says there is a driver partition missing.

When I tried to install windows, the primary disk falls under OEM type and it says I can't install it there.

At this point I am really lost and don't know what to do

Also, I sadly couldn't revert to the previous OS, I'm not sure why.

My notebook is Razer Blade QHD+ intelcore i7 4720HQ and 16GB Memory. It was preloaded with Windows 8 and I upgraded it myself to Windows 10.

I am not that tech-savvy so If anyone could give a detailed instruction on how to resolve it, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much beforehand.

BEHAVIOUR UPDATE:

Now I do not need my Windows 10 Installation USB again to get pass the boot screen. Now It will start to do "automatic repair" but then it will fail and able to continue to blue "advance option" screen that I attached the image. Still unable to go to log
    in screen though.

Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting [​IMG]

ErickDA, Dec 2, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

This would mean that your HDD has some Bad Sectors or Blocks of sectors.
    If you were able to recover your files, then run Check Disk on the drive.
    Boot into a WinRE disc and get to the command prompt. Find the drive letter for the OS, (it may not be C:) at the X:\Sources> Prompt type C: and press Enter. At the C:\> prompt type DIR and press enter. If there is a Windows directory. that is the OS drive. If not, type D: etc.
    At the OS drive, type chkdsk /R and pres enter. Now type a Y for yes and Reboot the computer. Check Disk will start at next bootup and it will take a while.

spunk, Dec 2, 2016
  5. baresi Win User
    Thanks. Could you elaborate what you mean by 'Boot into a WinRE disc'? I have to download a specific one or which should I use?

baresi, Dec 2, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    It sounded like you were familiar with a couple?
    If you have a Windows 10 install Media, boot off of that Choose your Language and the press Shift+F10 to boot into the Command Prompt.

spunk, Dec 2, 2016
  7. baresi Win User
    Oh yes, thanks again. Will be back with results later.

baresi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reboot loop with no access to troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Reboot loop access

2. Attempting to exit reboot loop-- unable to utilize any troubleshooting functionality in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting to exit reboot loop-- unable to utilize any troubleshooting functionality in...: Hi everyone,My Asus ux430u running Windows 10 was recently stuck in a reboot loop where it would have the ASUS logo on the screen with the dots constantly circling below. Originally I attempted to enter the WinRE and access the Advanced Startup Options by powering on/off 3...
  3. Rebooting in a loop

Rebooting in a loop: Hi! My computer just reboots in a loop. I get the blue screen over and over. There is no place to write anything or choose anything. My computer just reboots. Any way out of this? Sledgehammer?...
  4. Reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot loop: I have installed the windows update, and now my dell pc is stuck in a reboot loop. If i press F12 and get into the boot option screen, i still cant do anything as the keyboard wont respond? Any ideas Thanks...
  5. Reboot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboot loop: I've got too many errors at this point. I just wanted to replace grub. But then I got missing operating system. Repaired that then got bootmgr is missing. After repairing that too, it finally booted up and I thought I was done. I shuted it down, left for a few minutes, came...
  6. Reboot Loop

Reboot Loop: My Windows 10 PC got stuck in "automatic repair not working" and after trying a few things, i ended up resetting, trying to "keep my files." The reset appeared to go through, then at about 64% into the reinstall, it said "undoing changes" and jumped to BSoD. Now it is stuck...
  7. Reboot loop

Reboot loop: After installing windows update on my PC I was prompted to restart to finalize install. I was doing work on my PC so I decided that before I went to bed I would click restart and it will install the update overnight, it was stuck on a reboot loop for about two hours and...
  8. Reboot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboot loop: Hi, so when I’ve been trying to log onto my Dell Inspiron Laptop, it has been going in an infinite loop. First the Dell logo appears, then a black screen with a prompt to click any key, and then the logo again. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop

Bitlocker troubleshooting: continuous reboot loop: Tired to resolver using this - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18671.bitlocker-troubleshooting-continuous-reboot-loop-with-bitlocker-recovery-on-a-slate-device.aspx This didn't help. How do i resolve this issue? [IMG]...
  10. Reboot looping

Reboot looping: Hi, My laptop asus stuck in reboot loop, then i restarting the laptop 4-5 time, it stating preparing repair windows, then it work until login interface and it stuck, not progressing to window page.is that harddisk problem? I have reseating cmos battery plug it out for few...