Windows 10: rebooting while playing videos or netflix

Discus and support rebooting while playing videos or netflix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded my mobo from a 770t to a new GA-970a-us3p. Ever since then I've been getting reboots when I play a video or netflix. I've tried:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by copracr, Sep 25, 2015.

1. copracr Win User

rebooting while playing videos or netflix

Hi, I upgraded my mobo from a 770t to a new GA-970a-us3p. Ever since then I've been getting reboots when I play a video or netflix. I've tried:
    prime95 stress test with no problems,
    memtest with no problems
    updated the drivers
    updated the bios to fb
    replaced the video card and power supply (I wanted to do that anyways)
    re-seated cpu and memory
    updated from win 7 to 10
    disable the audio from bios with no change
    Furmark ran for about 90 minutes without difficulty
    HWMonitor showed cpu at max of 62 and gpu max of 60. tmpin1 was highest at 72

I'm thinking I'm looking at a bad board, but if someone could walk me through diagnosing it on Windows 10 I feel like it would be a valuable skill. I haven't used 10 much and this should be a good way for me to get familiar with it (I was comfortable on XP, not so much vista or 7). Attachment 39454Attachment 39454

Time to update my skills, any help is appreciated.

:)

copracr, Sep 25, 2015

2. Video freeze after WIN10 update

I've recently updatet Windows 10 on my laptop to the most recent version. Later at night, while trying to watch Netflix, I paused the video for a few seconds to get some water. After getting back, I could not get the video playing again, only a single
    freezeframe back and forth between playing and pausing. This problem has kept occuring, being on Netflix, youtube, basically any playing video in any browser or program, with the only solution being that i reboot my laptop. That's pretty annoying, so I'm wondering
    if there is any other solution or anything to help.

MadsNielsen1, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Kaze22 Win User
    Netflix U7361 1254 80070005 error

I get the error whenever I try to play a video on Netflix App. I can open the Netflix App just fine, and even login to my account, but cannot play any videos.

I have the latest Netflix App updates. Also tried to uninstall and install Netflix, with no luck.

Kaze22, Sep 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi copracr,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    The zip is empty of dump files.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

5. copracr Win User
    No dump files found. I'll enable them and report back. THANKS!

copracr, Sep 25, 2015
  6. copracr Win User
    When I try to attach the dump file I get an error from tenforums. "invalid file"

copracr, Oct 1, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    You are likely trying to attach the dump file directly, their extension (.dmp) is not supported for uploading.

Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  8. copracr Win User

you were correct. heres the new file

copracr, Oct 1, 2015
  9. copracr Win User
    I think it has something to do with the sound. It's crashing during netflix, VLC movie player, pandora on firefox, and occasionally while gaming now

copracr, Oct 1, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    More with the memory
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Either a driver is accessing the wrong memory or the memory is giving corrupted data
    Please check the memory, if the memory is fine please enable driver verifier

rebooting while playing videos or netflix [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

11. copracr Win User
    I will perform the memtest again tonight and let it run all night. I enabled the verifier and had one lock up while playing Bioshock. The game was paused for about 10 minutes and when I returned the speakers were playing electronic static and the PC was completely locked up (the paused game menu was still on the screen)

copracr, Oct 2, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    That is normal when driver verifier is enabled.
    While driver verifier is enabled, please use the pc as less as possible.

13. copracr Win User

I ran the memtest, 8 passes with zero errors.
    It keeps robooting, but it's not making new dmp files.

copracr, Oct 5, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Rebooting is not the same as BSOD crashes to be clear.

15. axe0 New Member
    Can you verify that the PSU can handle the replaced equipments?
    Please post a photo of the 3.3v, 5v and 12v in the BIOS.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including the PSU and cooling.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

1. rebooting while playing videos or netflix - Similar Threads - rebooting while playing

2. PC Hard reboots while or after playing video games, no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hard reboots while or after playing video games, no BSOD: I have been chasing an issue wherein my PC will reboot either during or after playing a video game. The only time I've seen a relevant error was recently when "reboot after bugcheck" was displayed in event viewer. I researched that topic and performed suggested...
  3. Rebooting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  4. Rebooting while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  5. reboot while playing games.

reboot while playing games.: i have changed my cpu 3600x to 3100 and no reboots have happened so far not a real test as it has been a couple of hours since i have done this. but i came a cross driver verifier and i decided to give it a try. upon trying it the pc crashes almost instantly. ill upload the...
  6. My PC randomly reboots while playing video games

My PC randomly reboots while playing video games: Its been doing this for a while until the last few months. I was fine for all this time until this year rolled around. Now its doing it again with Hitman 2 despite me unchecking the 'automatic restart' box under advanced settings. I think this is the 'event' that occurred...
  7. Netflix videos pause and play automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix videos pause and play automatically: hi team, While using netflix application on windows 10, video pauses and plays automatically again and again. Also windows menu pops up repeated(menu shown after windows key press)...
  8. how to check HWDRM is enabled while playing netflix video

how to check HWDRM is enabled while playing netflix video: hi while i am using netflix video with 4k monitor, how to check HWDRM is enabled or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/how-to-check-hwdrm-is-enabled-while-playing/df07fd16-3055-4d40-b819-1fe460d1891b
  9. Netflix app plays sound but no video

Netflix app plays sound but no video: I upgraded to w10 from w7 today and everything has ran smoothly other than the netflix app. It plays only sound and then if I search to a different point in the video an error message says "There is a problem with windows media element that is preventing playback" along with...
  10. WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc

WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc: Everytime I start to watch any kind of video I get this problem, it starts stuttering and then it goes on to the error screen, I don't know what to do It's a laptop Asus R541UV i7-6500u GTX920mx 16GB ram 5000HD What more information should i display and how can i...