Windows 10: Rebuilding User Accounts?

Discus and support Rebuilding User Accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need some advice on setting up a user account. I had a problem with a HDD and the D: volume getting accidently deleted and turned into RAW disk... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gudzilla, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Gudzilla Win User

Rebuilding User Accounts?

I need some advice on setting up a user account. I had a problem with a HDD and the D: volume getting accidently deleted and turned into RAW disk without having a full backup of it. I have been using EaseUS Data Recovery to try and find the deleted data, but from what I have seen so far the process only seems to be able to recover the files, but not the entire structure of the drive and how the user accounts were created and organized. It rebuilds the directory, but only some of the files are intact. Others parts of it say they are corrupted when I try to open them. After that, there are some files which are just in random locations that most likely I will have to manually move back into the file structure at some point. I say at some point because the majority of files I use on a daily basis are synced with my OneDrive account, which is still intact and synced also to my notebook.
    I started working with the support team from EaseUS, and they instructed me to run the software on a 64 bit PC and to call them back for a remote session if I still am having problems. I’m not sure how much the windows version or processor type really matters, but the machine with the problem drive is a 64 bit running Windows 10 Pro. The notebook I have been using to do the recovery is a 32 bit Windows 7. Switching to the Win 10 machine should at least make the program run faster.
    The only Windows 10 pc I have is the one that had the problem, so I’m preparing a HDD that I had taken out of another machine when I upgraded the size of that drive. The operating system is on the C: drive, and the user accounts were all on the D: drive I had the problem with. The EaseUS support team seems to be pushing me towards eventually having to manually insert whatever files are recovered into a new user account.
    I used one of the tutorials to move the users from the C: drive to the D: drive when I installed the OS, but I did it after installation so I believe there is still one user account in C:
    What I want to do right now is install the newly formatted hard drive, and I’m not sure what is going to happen when I turn the computer on. And whether I should create a local account to start, or just use the Microsoft account I had before.

:)

Gudzilla, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Shongar Win User

Windows 10 Tiles Are Not Coming On?

Rebuild while keeping user files worked.

Shongar, Dec 11, 2015
  3. lock screen isn't working

Didn't have to use new user, online I was told to rebuild the index and that worked. 3 days after rebuilding, I had to do it again and then the 1607 update rolled out and it wasn't necessary. We'll see if with the new update rebuilding the index will
    have to be done again. Thanks for the help.

littleboxes, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Rebuilding User Accounts?

1. Rebuilding User Accounts? - Similar Threads - Rebuilding User Accounts

2. rebuilding Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rebuilding Windows: Should be easy, but I can't find the answer.I have two Windows PCs and a Windows laptop. want to donate all 3 to charity. I know how to wipe the HDs so data can't be retrieved. But, after wiping data, how do I reinstall windows on the HDs? All 3 have a D: partition - two...
  3. Intrusion OPsec! PNetwork rebuild on old accounts and keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intrusion OPsec! PNetwork rebuild on old accounts and keys: .System intrusion on 8.1. -Win10 Pro over stolen Hardeware.... Building up new OS might get server related or private Network.. Start will I get problems using my old. Key with new hardeware? Is it a good compound to go for preview msdn again.. it is not needed I got several...
  4. Intrusion OPsec! PNetwork rebuild on old accounts and keys

Intrusion OPsec! PNetwork rebuild on old accounts and keys: .System intrusion on 8.1. -Win10 Pro over stolen Hardeware.... Building up new OS might get server related or private Network.. Start will I get problems using my old. Key with new hardeware? Is it a good compound to go for preview msdn again.. it is not needed I got several...
  5. Repair user profile without rebuilding it

in Cortana
    Repair user profile without rebuilding it: It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the Windows button in Taskbar on mysecond monitor all stopped working. MY IT deparment wants to rebuild my profile but that is very...
  6. Repair user profile without rebuilding it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair user profile without rebuilding it: It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the Windows button in Taskbar on mysecond monitor all stopped working. MY IT deparment wants to rebuild my profile but that is very...
  7. Repair user profile without rebuilding it

8. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  9. What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What type of account should be used on a rebuild?: Hi Guys, I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage, I've just done a complete re-install on a Windows 10 laptop and ofcourse it asked me about accounts, as I'm used to doing local and I might sell the...
  10. Rebuilding Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuilding Icons: I notice that all of my shortcut icons have turned black. I'm wondering if rebuilding the icon cache will correct this. Also, if I do rebuild the icons will the rest of the icons keep their thumbnails-icons that came from various Internet sites and the thumbnails-icon images...