Windows 10: Receiving a 0x8024402f error after restoring Windows 10 from a backup.

Discus and support Receiving a 0x8024402f error after restoring Windows 10 from a backup. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm hoping that someone can help me out as I have been unable to find a solution to my problem. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back on 8/6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by moondoggy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. moondoggy Win User

Receiving a 0x8024402f error after restoring Windows 10 from a backup.

I'm hoping that someone can help me out as I have been unable to find a solution to my problem.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back on 8/6 and when everything was looking good I backed up my HD with Acronis TrueImage 2015. Unfortunately, my wife was doing something on the PC that caused the machine to go into a booting loop and I was forced to restore the HD from my 8/7 backup. It appeared that the restore worked well until I tried to re-apply all of the patches and updates to Windows 10 and Office. Each time I have tried Windows Update it returns a 0x8024402f error that only says that something bad happened during the update. So far I've been unable to find a solution on the internet for this problem and I was hoping someone has had this problem before and was able to get it fixed. So far.....

I've run the Windows Update troubleshooter and it fixed Windows Update components, however this does not resolve the issue. I have also ran the internet connection troubleshooter and the network adapter troubleshooter and neither found an issue. I don't believe that this is an internet problem however as I can receive and send mail from Outlook 2010 and I can successfully upload and download files from cloud storage and other websites. I have scanned my system files using the SFC /SCANNOW command and it found nothing wrong. I have also performed a DISM command and it didn't find anything either. I have also cleared the files from the SoftwareDistrubtion folder and I've re-registered a bunch of DLL's from a list I found but that hasn't resolved anything either. I have also downloaded and have run the Windows Repair tool from wee.tweaking.com and it didn't fix the problem either. Part of the problem here is that this is Windows 10 and most of the past posts have been in regards to Windows 7 and Windows 8.x. My gut is telling me that this is some sort of permisisons issue or some registry issue that's causing this issue to exists.

So.... Has anyone seen this issue on Windows 10 and has been able to fix the problem? If so can you share with me what you did to get it working again? Thanks.

:)

moondoggy, Aug 27, 2015

2. Receiving a 0x8024402F error after restoring Windows 10

I have the exact same problem.

Oct. 23, 2015 was my last update.

The day after, I just keep getting 0x8024402f.

Hopefully same thing would happen to me that it will magically fix itself.

Kris Andres, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Receiving a 0x8024402F error after restoring Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This error might be caused by a connection interruption between your computer and the Windows Update servers. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Reset Windows Update Components.

To reset windows update components refer the article provided in the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Method 2: Reset Proxy Settings.

Please follow the steps below:

1. On the Search bar type “cmd” and click
    ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt.

2. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt window, press Enter after each command:
    • netsh winhttp reset proxy
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net start wuauserv
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 27, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

You have to go into Windows Update and disable in Settings the Update and uncheck any boxes. Reboot and then go back in and set Windows update back to Automatic and check all boxes. It should start downloading any updates.

Personally I would just install Windows 8.x, then do the Upgrade, without loading any drivers, settings or files from 8. Once in ten, then start loading back program, etc..

bro67, Aug 27, 2015
  5. moondoggy Win User
    Today we turned on our computer that was getting the 0x8024402f error while attempting to invoke Windows Update and, on it's own, the machine decided to check in with the update server on it's own and downloaded 14 updates on the first pass and then after the first restart it downloaded yet another patch on it's own. I compared the patches that were downloaded on this machine against my laptop who also downloaded several patches today and all 15 patches I have are also on my laptop. I don't know if, in trying certain suggestions to fix the 0x8024402f error I triggered something that required a cold boot but now things are working and I don't know why. I would hate it if this whole time the PC was unable to ask for updates until the update server contacted the PC first to establish an update relationship but I guess that might be possible as I don't believe that there were any new updates until today. Anyway, this is still a mystery and I'm unhappy that I don't have an answer why.

moondoggy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Receiving a 0x8024402f error after restoring Windows 10 from a backup. - Similar Threads - Receiving 0x8024402f error

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  4. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  5. Windows update error 0x8024402f

Windows update error 0x8024402f: I am running windows 10 build 10240. its not updating, continuously giving 0x8024402f error. I already tried windows update troubleshooter, stopping update service & deleting softwaredistribution folder and almost every other possible method available on internet but they are...
  6. Windows 10 update failed. (0x8024402f}

Windows 10 update failed. (0x8024402f}: Hi, I was trying to update my windows 10 on my HP 14 Laptop but failed. Below is the error message showing: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this...
  7. Windows Update error 0x8024402f

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update error 0x8024402f: Hi, I have successfully upgraded my PC to Windows 10 today. Everything is fine for now (knock on wood) but Windows Update gives me the above error code when checking for updates for first time There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you...
  8. windows update error 0x8024402f

windows update error 0x8024402f: windows update error 0x8024402f [img] i did all step and how to fix that. but still error. *Sad btw i use windows 10 1703 in acer aspire es 11 (new) 101104
  9. Windows Update: error 0x8024402f

Windows Update: error 0x8024402f: Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, I haven't been able to update the windows or office or any other products. I simply get this There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to...
  10. After Windows 10 restore getting a 0x8024402F error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    After Windows 10 restore getting a 0x8024402F error: I upgraded my system to Windows 10 back on Aug 6th and didn't have any problems until yesterday. I won't go into the details of that issue but it forced me to restore Windows 10 from an Acronis TrueImage backup I had taken on the 8/7. Although the restore went well and...
Tags: