Windows 10: Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10.

Discus and support Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest update. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VSON, Mar 8, 2016.

1. VSON Win User

Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10.

Hello,

I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest update. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors.

I have tried a tool called "BlueScreenView", the results show that most of BSODs are correlate to "ntoskrnl.exe" as you can see in bellow pictures:

Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10. [​IMG]

After some searches, I suspect there are some problems with RAM, hence I ran memtest86+ and surprisingly found no error at all:

Here are my dump files for diagnosis:

Thank you,

:)

VSON, Mar 8, 2016

2. Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10.

First, Blue Screen view is useless and not used by anyone who does DMP files regularly.

Second for the DMP files you initially gave me ESET was the cause but as always BSOD'S are ALWAYS a combination of things so probably not the only problem.

The current DMP files did not have verifier enabled. You need to enable it again. Currently all that can be told is it is not ntoskrnl.exe and it is pool corruption.

Since you think I am either irresponsible or lazy (thats a laugh) I am off to help someone who has less attitude.

Good Luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 8, 2016
  3. Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10.

Not sure what you mean about safe mode. Can you be more specific?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 8, 2016
  4. VSON Win User

Hello,
    Here are the results
    CPU stress test with prime95:
    Attachment 68782

chkdsk: No problem,
    HDtune:

Attachment 68783
    Attachment 68784
    Attachment 68785
    GPU stress test:
    Attachment 68786

There are several crashes since the last time i posted, do I need to upload them as well?

Thank you!

5. axe0 New Member
    Your CPU is faulty, if you have warranty use it or replace the laptop.

6. VSON Win User
    Is this a strong evidence to proof that my CPU is faulty? I checked with the hardware diagnostic of dell and the results are OK. I mean what if the manufacturer refuse to warrant my laptop if their tool found no error?
    Sorry for the dummy question but I never have this experience before!

7. axe0 New Member
    It is strong evidence, but software isn't 100% reliable.
    Because software isn't 100% I have 2/3 tests for the CPU which you can run, the 2nd is the IntelBurnTest (instructions in the post)

8. VSON Win User

Here are IntelBurnTest:
    Attachment 68912
    I forgot to save screenshot of high result but it still passed
    Attachment 68914

9. axe0 New Member
    Lets see what Intel Diagnostics Test shows
    Download Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

Just to note, if even the Intel Diagnostics Test doesn't show any problem, I keep with my suggestion about the CPU because Prime95 is a good reliable stress test.

10. VSON Win User
    Attachment 68975

From the errors, I can suspect that it is pool corruption that cause issues.

11. axe0 New Member
    If it is pool corruption you would need a kernel dump / memory dump to find the root cause or driver verifier to find the offending driver.
    But I believe that Prime95 is enough to determine your CPU is faulty.

12. VSON Win User
    1) I enabled the verifier and could not get to windows because it crashed too soon. The message are: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (intelpcc.sys).

2) I tried to disable/uninstall it in safe mode, and restart, system still crashed: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (stdcfltn.sys).

3) I decided to disable the verifier and start windows normally, the intelpcc appear again in device manager.

That is my story so far, hope this helps.
    About the memory dump, do my dump files I upload earlier give enough information? I have changed the dump to kernel mode so next time it crashed, I will upload it (though it consumed lots of space).
    I really hope we can solve the problem with the software because I really don't have time to go for hardware change right now and it will bring a lot of troubles. Of course I will go if it is the only option left.

Thank you,

13. axe0 New Member

I honestly haven't analysed the dumps, because when I looked at the logs I saw quite a few crashes that can be called 'hardware crashes' like the machine_check_exception in your pics (post 1).
    The other crashes have different probable causes, this can occur when there are hardware problems.

Depending on what I find in the dumps I may be able to give you other suggestions (updating drivers and removing software etc.), but this may lead to an infinity time of troubleshooting because hardware problems may cause various of problems what could make it look like no hardware problems.

14. VSON Win User
    Thanks for your words, if the problem really due to pool corruption, does reset/repair windows will fix it?
    Here are my newest dump files, if you have time please have a look at it.
    Attachment 69164

15. axe0 New Member
    You have many different crashes, many different crashes usually relates to hardware problems.

Pool corruption is usually due to drivers, but catching drivers could cause to go in a loop of troubleshooting (my previous post explains why)

Do you have warranty?

Thema:

1. Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Receiving various BSOD

2. Various Recurring BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various Recurring BSOD Errors: Hello, I've been getting various BSOD errors for the last 5 months and I couldn't find any reason or solution yet.There are 5 Critical error logs on the Event Viewer since 3 weeks ago. Those error's sources are Kernel-Power and Event ID is 41. Last critical error's...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  5. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  7. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  8. Windows 10 VARIOUS BSODs

Windows 10 VARIOUS BSODs: I have been having BSODs with various error codes on my PC for quite some time now and I am at a complete loss when trying to determine which part of my PC is at fault. I am running Windows 10 64-bit with an ASUS TUF B450 PLUS GAMING motherboard, Ryzen 5 3600 and Nvidia RTX...
  9. Receiving various BSODs, having issues booting

Receiving various BSODs, having issues booting: I've got a Toshiba Satellite C70-A-15G running Windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) and I've been receiving a lot of BSODs for quite a while now. After dutifully ignoring the problem at first, the computer died on me ever more frequently (displaying several types of BSODs, even a...
  10. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...