Windows 10: Recent 1803 update...

Discus and support Recent 1803 update... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Spent the weekend out of town, so I'm just now getting home after the Forced Update that Windows demands we do with our computers... Changes I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K-Factor, Jul 17, 2018.

1. K-Factor Win User

Recent 1803 update...

Spent the weekend out of town, so I'm just now getting home after the Forced Update that Windows demands we do with our computers...

Changes I'd like to have the option of removing - all of them! When I right-click on the sound-bar to switch from my headset to my speakers or vice versa - instead of just making it 1-click to get to the Playback section, I now have to do 3 - 5 clicks - petty I know - but when I have to switch several times daily because of my job, it's an annoyance!

In addition to the sound-change thing, there's also the revamp of the Start Button -> Settings change where I have another new layout for it. I don't want the new layout, I want the old one. I don't want this "Task View" button on my taskbar, yet there it is. I don't WANT WINDOWS forcing these things on me, yet here it is...

Is there a way to disable this 1803 update???

:)

K-Factor, Jul 17, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 17, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 17, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Recent 1803 update...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent 1803 update... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Recent 1803 update...

1. Recent 1803 update... - Similar Threads - Recent 1803 update

2. update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update 1803: For the past year windows has been trying to update version 1803 on my laptop. My laptop is a HP G72 and is about 7 years old. I have tried everything to stop the updates but for the past month I keep getting messages about updating in an hour. Anyways usually when I let the...
  3. 1803 update

1803 update: why does the 1803 update freezes with a blue screen it happens every time it tries to update, ive lost count how many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/516abb09-cd20-4091-a786-a083b6c5ec33
  4. Updating to 1803

Updating to 1803: I am trying to update my laptop with version 1803 but it will only update 41% I need to clear some space on my laptop, can anyone help me with this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-to-1803/62fc4cbe-2fc5-49de-95bd-d6df457f2166
  5. update 1803

update 1803: My computer downloads update 1803 every day, and then the update fails to install every night. I'm sick of the hard drive running constantly, knowing that the update is going to fail. Any ideas?...
  6. Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10Pro BSOD after recent Windows Update (1803): Hi, I have recently updated all PC's in my office to Windows 10 1803. Few PC's going into BSOD and I can't even get into safe mode. Doing a system restore to previous point didn't work either. Repair windows doesn't do anything. So the only option I left with is at the...
  7. Update #1803

Update #1803: Update #1803 has failed 18 times. For some reason it will not complete the update just keeps recycling. It is severely affecting the speed of my computer. Need assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1803/234aa4ae-7a5a-413e-9601-6071de7b8885
  8. 1803 Update

1803 Update: How do I do the 1803Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/5cbb514f-d6ab-416b-9f92-3c07b64c56b9
  9. Updates 1803

Updates 1803: How do I get MS to stop trying to update with 1803? They have tried 27 times and failed because 1803 is not compatible with my Toshiba laptop and its SSD's? I have taken to not turning off the power and have set the defaults to "never shut down" to prevent re-starts. But it...
  10. 1803 update

1803 update: cannot complete update due to not enough space on c drive. i have a flash drive installed that will cover my shortage of space. unable to fine screen that gives me the option to select the flash drive for part a of setup...