Windows 10: Recent BSOD Issues

Discus and support Recent BSOD Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently started having BSOD issues. Not sure of the cause. Ran a Memtest overnight, found no errors over many passes. I do not think it's a RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tristsin, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Tristsin Win User

Recent BSOD Issues

Recently started having BSOD issues. Not sure of the cause. Ran a Memtest overnight, found no errors over many passes. I do not think it's a RAM issue(I thought it was initially). I decided to do a driver verifier as that was the next obvious step, and it seems that's some drivers the cause of my issues, although I don't know how to fix it. The verifier BSOD'd, and then did a system restore. I will attach the necessary files.

:)

Tristsin, Dec 18, 2015

2. Recent BSoD Issues.

Thanks for sending the post link in the amd community, I will try to install Crimson.
    Maybe his first crash was isolated and intensified with Adrenalin.
    Good luck and hopefully you can get some success in solving this problem.

RhaldneyQueiroz, Dec 18, 2015
  3. MelXY Win User
    Recent BSoD Issues.

I just looked into this. It looks like Adrenalin is buggy to some degree. Not sure how much it's been patched but the thread I found recommended rolling back to Crimson: BSOD | Community

I will admit that I'm not 100% sure if Adrenalin is entirely related but it could be. Based on this search on the AMD site forums, however, it's likely the cause: Drivers & Software | Community

Part of my unsurety, however, comes from the fact that my first crash predates Adrenalin's release.

MelXY, Dec 18, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Recent BSOD Issues

What memtest did you ran?

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Recent BSOD Issues [​IMG]

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

5. Tristsin Win User
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds. I'll run the scan and get back to you. As for the memory dumps, they are being deleted(I guess?) because of the system restore. When I ran the driver verifier, it would BSOD, and then restart into a Windows Diagnostic and only provide me with the option to system restore. I used memtest86+.

Tristsin, Dec 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    There are no problems with the dumps, it is only for pre-caution *Wink

The only driver that was being flagged was a system driver from the technical preview version of Windows 10.

7. MSMPlayz Win User
    Most likely a Driver Issue, according to that Error Code of yours. Tried booting in to safe mode?

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
  8. Tristsin Win User

Recent BSOD Issues

I suppose I should be alittle more specific. I can boot fine, its just that recently I've been having bsod issues. Sometimes it happens hours after gaming. Sometimes after 15 minutes of doing next to nothing. It's seemingly random. It's not often, but certainly enough to bother.

Tristsin, Dec 19, 2015
  9. MSMPlayz Win User
    May be that your Game might be using your CPU too much. What Games do you have? (I'm serious BTW)

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    That could be caused by anything, from sound driver to network driver to another process in the background.

11. MSMPlayz Win User
    I know, but Games with high Graphics on a 1-2GB Graphics Card may cause it.

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Why do you think that when the system also crashes when no game is being played?

13. Tristsin Win User

Recent BSOD Issues

Running the 2nd scan after rebooting now.

As for games - Mostly CSGO. My CPU runs at fine temps and load. I've monitored it plenty. I've never actually had a BSOD while playing a game, thinking back. Most of them just come at various times during use whether it's watching twitch, reading a blog, or writing a paper. My card has 2gb, and most games at this point let you know if you don't have enough vram to run higher settings, and I don't typically try to overdo it. I play low settings most of time as I prefer fps over looks. I don't think any of that's causing the issue I'm having but I suppose I can't rule anything out just yet.

Tristsin, Dec 19, 2015
  14. MSMPlayz Win User
    Welll, obviously, but the thread starter specificly said after playing the game. I know it can be something else like a Corrupt PCIe Device.

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
  15. MSMPlayz Win User
    How much frames achieved in Counter Strike?

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

Recent BSOD Issues

1. Recent BSOD Issues - Similar Threads - Recent BSOD Issues

2. Running into intermittent BSOD issues in recent weeks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running into intermittent BSOD issues in recent weeks: Hello, I've been running into some random BSOD's in recent weeks on my Win 10 system. I was able to grab the minidump for the one that occurred this morning:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AklGsVXQcl_SlCGrqlqM9_hcZ6nu?e=nnPFycI did run a memory diagnostic and checking in the event viewer...
  3. Running into intermittent BSOD issues in recent weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into intermittent BSOD issues in recent weeks: Hello, I've been running into some random BSOD's in recent weeks on my Win 10 system. I was able to grab the minidump for the one that occurred this morning:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AklGsVXQcl_SlCGrqlqM9_hcZ6nu?e=nnPFycI did run a memory diagnostic and checking in the event viewer...
  4. Running into intermittent BSOD issues in recent weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent issue: Recently, my area had a blackout. My computer which used to have a black icon when plugged into the internet on my modem has now turned orange, seen when it is turned off, but must have something wrong. Is this natural?...
  6. Recent issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent issue: Recently, my area had a blackout. My computer which used to have a black icon when plugged into the internet on my modem has now turned orange, seen when it is turned off, but must have something wrong. Is this natural?...
  7. Recent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent BSOD: Since yesterday my computer has faced a few BSOD crashes when playing games. At first i got a TCPIP.SYS erorr but after I ran driver verifier this morning and it seems to be indeed related to one of my drivers. Driver verifier says it is HIDCLASS.SYS. Can someone help me...
  8. recently upgraded to windows 10 BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recently upgraded to windows 10 BSOD issues: I am getting random BSOD's even just having a browser open seems to always be "system_service_exception" Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  9. Recent BSOD

Recent BSOD: Recently my laptop suffered a Blue Screen of Death. Some help would be appreciated if you could fix it. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtzBWKRJZFkWon1Dm-VmPyZDRgp5 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtzBWKRJZFkWonwG7Vb8NHetU40N...
  10. recent BSOD's

recent BSOD's: Hi since a week or two I am starting to have frequent BSOD's on my laptop. I have the feeling it is associated to avira antivirus. When I try to do a antivirus scan it always ends in BSOD even before the end of the scan. I tried reïnstalling the scanner, but no succes. In...