Windows 10: Recent items folder Empty

Discus and support Recent items folder Empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - when I first open File Explorer all the recent items are there. I've added the Recent Items Folder to the Quick Access menu using instructions I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seaside650, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Recent items folder Empty

Hi - when I first open File Explorer all the recent items are there. I've added the Recent Items Folder to the Quick Access menu using instructions I found here by opening the shell:recent window.
    but it always says that the recent items folder is empty.The thread across the top says it is in User - App Data- Roaming-Microsoft-Windows-Recent Items
    Not very tech savvy so any advice gratefully received!

:)

seaside650, Jan 25, 2016

2. Recent Places

Thanks. The Recent Items folder now shows up but there is nothing in it even though I have been working on many files all day. According to the Properties dialog box the Recent Items folder is located under C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows
    which I confirmed is empty. For some reason nothing is getting put into that folder.

SteveRoman, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Empty Folders Option

I recently updated the Mail app on my Windows 10 Pro computer and discovered the new feature where you can empty the deleted items and trash folders. I used the feature this morning (February 4th) to empty my deleted items folder and the app did not permanently
    delete the contents of the folder but instead move the contents back into the inbox. I have Windows Essentials Mail as well on my computer, which also has this feature. However, Windows Essentials Mail does do the intended action in permanently deleting the
    contents of the junk and deleted items folders.

Win10ProUser, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Recent items folder Empty

1. Recent items folder Empty - Similar Threads - Recent items folder

2. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared: logged into my computer and saw a few items missing from my desktop. Windows 10, all updates installedall user related folders show nothing but under properties it shows that data is still on there.I tried messing in Regedit with no luck, It doesn't look like I'm in a temp...
  3. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared: logged into my computer and saw a few items missing from my desktop. Windows 10, all updates installedall user related folders show nothing but under properties it shows that data is still on there.I tried messing in Regedit with no luck, It doesn't look like I'm in a temp...
  4. User folders empty, some desktop items disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Empty folders

Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  6. Empty folders

Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  7. Empty Folders

Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  8. Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items

Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items: Windows 10 Home version...Recent Items Directory Folder in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ has a default of 150 items. How do i increase this number to say 200? Is this default number stored in the registry or a Local Group Policy? Please note this has nothing to do with...
  9. Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items: Windows 10...Recent Items Directory Folder in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ has a default of 150 items. How do i increase this number to say 200? Is this default number stored in the registry or a Local Group Policy? Please note this has nothing to do with the Quick...
  10. This folder is empty

This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...