Windows 10: Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

Discus and support Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hhag12, Aug 1, 2016.

1. hhag12 Win User

Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this setting not include explorer? Is there another setting that will do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags: jump, list, recently, opened, file, explorer

:)

hhag12, Aug 1, 2016

2. Excel on Windows 10 taskbar does not show recent files

In Settings/Personalization/Start the "Show Recently Opened items in Jump lists on Start or the taskbar" is turned on. The most recent items still do not show up?

duffykp@hotmail.com, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Explorer Jump List keeps resetting

I use the Jump lists in Windows Explorer regularly, but only for items I have pinned. I don't want a big long list of my recent places, so I turn those off.

Recently however, even though I have the setting "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to off, the Jump List in Windows Explorer still shows me recent places.

If I toggle the setting from off to on and back to off, the recent list is cleared, only to start getting populated again later.

Windows 10 Home, version 1511

Kenneth O Neill, Aug 1, 2016
  4. hhag12 Win User

I think I may have solved this one myself. For anyone else looking for the solution to this, open any folder and click View at the top, then click Options towards the right. In the Folder Options window that pops up, "Show frequently used folders in Quick access" was checked in my settings. I unchecked that and it seems to have removed the recently opened folders from the taskbar jump list.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

hhag12, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings - Similar Threads - Recent items still

2. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up: Any idea how to disable this absurd 'welcome' screen in win 10? It's holding up the desktop load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-notifications-in-settings-but-still/46a2ccf5-260e-4077-bb91-857c45d290d9
  3. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up: Any idea how to disable this absurd 'welcome' screen in win 10? It's holding up the desktop load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-notifications-in-settings-but-still/46a2ccf5-260e-4077-bb91-857c45d290d9
  4. Turned Off Notifications In Settings - But Still Seeing 'Welcome' Screen At Start-Up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set up Recent items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up Recent items: Set up Recent items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-recent-items/a61f5ef2-1ac7-4e19-a67e-bbd03ad8ea0e
  6. How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off the selection around items after I've clicked them once?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Devourer-of-Gods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmfsyp/how_to_turn_off_the_selection_around_items_after/
  7. Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.: Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off on any setting un plugged or plugged in but it still does and I cant leave my computer for more than 2 minutes without it turning off witch leaves me stuck trying to download something that...
  8. I turned off ? Recently opened items

in Windows 10 Support
    I turned off ? Recently opened items: I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728
  9. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  10. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Jump Lists in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent...