Windows 10: Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

Discus and support Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hhag12, Aug 1, 2016.

1. hhag12 Win User

Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this setting not include explorer? Is there another setting that will do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags: jump, list, recently, opened, file, explorer

:)

hhag12, Aug 1, 2016

2. Excel on Windows 10 taskbar does not show recent files

In Settings/Personalization/Start the "Show Recently Opened items in Jump lists on Start or the taskbar" is turned on. The most recent items still do not show up?

duffykp@hotmail.com, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Explorer Jump List keeps resetting

I use the Jump lists in Windows Explorer regularly, but only for items I have pinned. I don't want a big long list of my recent places, so I turn those off.

Recently however, even though I have the setting "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to off, the Jump List in Windows Explorer still shows me recent places.

If I toggle the setting from off to on and back to off, the recent list is cleared, only to start getting populated again later.

Windows 10 Home, version 1511

Kenneth O Neill, Aug 1, 2016
  4. hhag12 Win User

I think I may have solved this one myself. For anyone else looking for the solution to this, open any folder and click View at the top, then click Options towards the right. In the Folder Options window that pops up, "Show frequently used folders in Quick access" was checked in my settings. I unchecked that and it seems to have removed the recently opened folders from the taskbar jump list.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

hhag12, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings - Similar Threads - Recent items still

2. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off: Hi! I hope i post this in the right section. Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently...
  3. I turned off ? Recently opened items

in Windows 10 Support
    I turned off ? Recently opened items: I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728
  4. UAC and Windows Defender Turn On Automatically After Reboot I have set them to off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC and Windows Defender Turn On Automatically After Reboot I have set them to off: hello i am using windows 10 since i build my new PC I5-8600K with ASUS Strix Z370 Board i have this issue after clean install of windows as always i use ADMIN account and Disable the windows defender and UAC Settings but this time after reboot can hapen on 2nd or 3rd boot the...
  5. Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly: I noticed that I keep getting a notification stating that Windows Firewall was turned off, so I go to the control panel and go to Security and Maintenance. There, I find a message telling me my firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly. I click on "Turn on Firewall" but...
  6. I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off: Good day all. I hate in app ads. If it were up to me I'd never buy another Microsoft product ever. Unfortunately my brand new laptop came with windows 10 and I'm still seeing start menu ads despite having disabled the "Occasionally show suggestions in Start" toggle. I would...
  7. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  8. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: [img] Brink, many thanks for great article but I got some issue here. I've tried using all the various methods you posted in this forum and Turn_On_Recent_Items_and_Frequent_Places reg file manage to enable me to use Quick Access again. But still, I'm unable view Quick...
  9. 'Turn windows features on or off' showing up blank

in Windows 10 Support
    'Turn windows features on or off' showing up blank: -Fresh windows 10 install. [img] 16134
  10. Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off "Show recently added apps" in Windows 10: Howdy, Settings > Personalization > Start :: Show recently added apps This one I really spent so much time on, please if someone can help me finding this one's registry address don't hesitate. I need to turn it off via registry only! Cheers. 29278