Windows 10: Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions

Discus and support Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got Windows 10 yesterday. Here's some things I've noticed or problems I've encountered. - Where did recent places go in File Explorer? - Where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by engineco16, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions

I got Windows 10 yesterday. Here's some things I've noticed or problems I've encountered.

- Where did recent places go in File Explorer?
    - Where did the All Programs shortcut go above All Apps go in the Start Menu? I swear it was there after install.
    - When my PC would go to Sleep Mode and I try awakening it sometimes it wouldn't, or my monitor wouldn't come back on. Once I had to unplug the power from my monitor and then it came on.
    - So I turned Sleep Mode off, but now when I turn my monitor off then back on I get a "Dee Doo Dee" sound ans sometimes half the Task Bar and Desktop Icons are missing making me reboot.

None of these existed before I upgraded. Loving it so far, minus these issues. Anyone?

:)

engineco16, Aug 5, 2015

2. Showing two apps side by side in Windows 10

In Reply to No Task Bar Statement:

Are you in Tablet Mode or Normal PC mode?

For Normal PC Mode (I am not familiar with Tablet Mode):

I) There are settings for the Task Bar to have it visible all the time, and at the bottom or side(s).

ii) There are settings (automatically hide Task Bar) that have the Task Bar appear when you place your cursor where the Task Bar should be.

iii) Windows open sized to the last condition that the applicable program was closed in.

The issue of displaying the windows properly in Windows 10 from Task Bar selections when right clicking remains.

JeffConklin99, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Taskbar disappears on changing orientation on the second screen

Original title:- Task bar disappears

Task bar on my primary monitor disappears when I switch my secondary monitor from portrait mode to landscape but task bar reappears if I switch it back to portrait. (I may switch my secondary monitor between portrait and landscape modes multiple time in
    a work session.) I recently upgraded from w7 to w10; and I've upgraded my Nvidia Geforce drivers. Neither sfc nor dism identified the problem. Any suggestions before I revert to w7?

stilllearning999, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions

It is now called "Quick Access"

There was no such shortcut in Windows 10. It is "All Apps" you are thinking of.

logicearth, Aug 6, 2015
  5. nkienitz Win User
    I've had a similar problem ... after a reboot the desktop and taskbar icons are gone. The start button, search and task view icons are all that are visible.

If I mouse the start button or hit the start button on my keyboard the laptop starts what appears to be another reboot, but doesn't really do so.

I end up having to shut down the laptop and all appears to come back normal after that event.

I don't have any sleep, snooze or any such items turned on.

I've updated 3 laptops to W-10 Pro from W-7 Pro and all have gone reasonably smooth, but I've been experiencing this one offbeat thing on one of the machines.

I'm considering doing a 'clean install' now in the hopes that might cure, but thought I would ask here first about the weird happenings.

nkienitz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions

1. Recent place, all programs, task bar, sleep mode and monitor questions - Similar Threads - Recent place programs

2. Task bar question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar question: I would like to now if there is a way to lock the task bar so that it does not pop up when the mouse goes over it. I have several apps that I have to click at the bottom of the screen and when a lot of times my mouse goes to the bottom and up pops the task bar and covers the...
  3. Task bar question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar question: I would like to now if there is a way to lock the task bar so that it does not pop up when the mouse goes over it. I have several apps that I have to click at the bottom of the screen and when a lot of times my mouse goes to the bottom and up pops the task bar and covers the...
  4. task bar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar question: I have 2 monitors. how do i get the taskbar on the second one to be the same as the one on my main monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-question/640f704b-0d49-4316-b94a-e41379a59dbc
  5. task bar question

task bar question: I have 2 monitors. how do i get the taskbar on the second one to be the same as the one on my main monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-question/640f704b-0d49-4316-b94a-e41379a59dbc
  6. Question on my task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on my task bar: So recently I just tried to open steam on my computer but it didn’t load so I turned off my computer,once I reopened I realized my search bar on the task bar DOES NOT WORK like it doesn’t load anything and I can’t type anything in it PLEASE HELP last time somethings like this...
  7. Task bar questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar questions: My computer just did an update, and now the Task bar is bright white. I can't seem to change it in the settings. In the settings, underneath "Show accent color on the following surfaces", there is an option I can't click on that says "Start, taskbar, and action center". Any...
  8. Program on task bar

Program on task bar: HI, I have particular program will not open from the task bar. When launched it goes straight to the task bar. Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-on-task-bar/d51643d1-6b60-47f7-9f13-4f5e21c215bd
  9. Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place

Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place: Task bar and desktop icons will not stay when replaced win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-and-desktop-icons-will-not-stay-in-place/2e01feaa-3500-451e-b39b-39c89a9b8965
  10. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66