Windows 10: Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

Discus and support Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mirek, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Mirek Win User

Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access area. This is OK.
    But why this folder disappears from Quick Access aren in open / save dialogs in all applications?
    This is strange. Every other pinned items show up in both explorer windows and open/save dialogs...
    Any thoughts?

:)

Mirek, Aug 2, 2015
  2. mharran Win User

Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Pictures Windows 10

Quick Access is nothing but a collection of shortcuts that point to other locations on your PC. So when you say the pics went to Quick Access, do you mean the Pictures folder there or as individual files under Recent Items?

How did you 'remove' them from Quick Access? How did you copy them in the first place?

when you open the Pictures folder under Quick Access, does it open to the same location as the Pictures folder under This PC? If not, right-click the folders to view their Properties dialogs & check the 'Location' tab.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 2, 2015
  4. ThePhinx Win User

See my fix for this problem posted here

You're welcome.

ThePhinx, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog - Similar Threads - Recent places dissappears

2. SOLVED: Add "Recent Folders" to Save As/Open dialogs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: Add "Recent Folders" to Save As/Open dialogs Windows 10: The fix is to update the registry, in two places, to ShellFolder "Attributes"=dword:70010020 Here’s where I got the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOgx86xPfY&ab_channel=TechVideosbyThePhinxIf helpful, at @3:27 they walk through the necessary permission...
  3. Explorer add-on/extension to easily access recent folders in file open/save dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer add-on/extension to easily access recent folders in file open/save dialog boxes: In the times before Windows 7, I had an add-on to my Windows Explorer that was adding an extra button to the Save and Open dialog boxes providing a list of the recently used folders in a drop down menu. That sounds to me like an obvious feature: when you are about to save a...
  4. Can you restore Recent Folders in open Save As dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you restore Recent Folders in open Save As dialog boxes: Can you restore Recent Folders in open Save As dialog boxes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-restore-recent-folders-in-open-save-as/d022c446-78c8-4d86-ab78-4e4945ed62bd
  5. Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?: Windows version: W10, LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to remove Quick Access from the Open/Save dialog boxes and I'm stumped. I've removed Quick Access from File Explorer itself, but I can't seem to find out how to remove it on...
  6. Save and Open common dialog

Save and Open common dialog: Hi When I try to open or save file in my common dialog box always open ThisPc to show me the path. How to set it up to be closed. On my other computer ThisPc is always closed in an open or save dialog box. many thx for help[ATTACH]...
  7. Dialog Box Save/Open

Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  8. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...
  9. Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box: I upgraded from Win 7 so do not know if the places bar (on side of box) was present in Win 8. Having the places bar was very handy for me in Win 7. I had customized the menu to list my most used folders. The Win 10 dialogue box presents you with a tree on the left side making...
  10. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible: Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any...