Windows 10: Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Discus and support Recent places in Explorer doesn't work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BorisTheAnimal, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Hiya,

has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location.

I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums on how to enable the "recently visited" and it is set to "on" so I'm just throwing out a ball hoping someone will catch it and say, "Aye".

/BTA

:)

BorisTheAnimal, Sep 3, 2015

2. RECENT PLACES IN FILE EXPLORER

Click Start > File Explorer > click Quick Access

There you will find your most recent files and locations.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2015
  3. RECENT PLACES IN FILE EXPLORER

OTOH, if you're looking for "Recent Places" (as in Windows 8), it's now called "Recent folders". To Pin Recent Folders to the Quick access menu, try this:

Right-click Start, click Run. type:

shell:::{22877a6d-37a1-461a-91b0-dbda5aaebc99}

Press ENTER. This opens "Recent Folders".

Click "Pin to Quick access" button in the ribbon.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Brink, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Hi Brink,

So this would delete all my favourite places and I'd have to re-add once it is done?

BorisTheAnimal, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unless they were pinned, it would remove them.

Brink, Sep 11, 2015
  7. I see well my problem is still there. I think I'll just have to record it rather than explaining.

BorisTheAnimal, Sep 11, 2015
  8. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

Well I finally made a clip about my problem, I know am a bit lazy about doing stuff like this...

BorisTheAnimal, Oct 7, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 7, 2015
  10. Yeah no uhm that is not the issue here, the issue is that when I click on one of my frequent places nothing happens, no window pops up. I have cleared it and redone the whole list.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, I had thought that it was an old recent item that no longer existed and was why it wasn't opening.

Are you having issues opening anything else?

Brink, Oct 7, 2015
  12. Wait what do you mean old?

No this is for the moment my only negative thought about Windows 10.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Sometimes you may find that you still have a folder or file listed under recent in jump lists that it's source has actually already been deleted.

Since you did clear recent items and still have this issue, then that wouldn't be the problem though.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure what could be the issue that prevents items in jump lists from opening.

Do you remember installing anything right before this started?

Brink, Oct 7, 2015
  14. Well not anything out of the ordinary, I don't actually recall the last time I installed something.

Though I feel like that it has been ongoing since I installed W10..

Maybe I could get an answer checking the Event Viewer?

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Recent places Explorer

2. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  3. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  4. Recent places missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent places missing: Hi - there are various threads concerning this, but nothing has been done. My productivity has crashed with WIndows 10, and a lot is to do with the file opening and saving. I can pin recent folders to the file open widow, which helps, but when saving files this can't be...
  5. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work: [IMG] When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This happens when I click anywhere in the window. What I mean by that is if I click on the file, try to rename it, highlight...
  6. ei.cfg doesn't work for upgrade in place from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ei.cfg doesn't work for upgrade in place from Windows 7: Hi all, been beating my head against the wall for 3 days on this. This is one of two Windows 10 upgrade problems that I have. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 that came pre-installed with Windows 10 and the key embedded in the Bios. Specifically, ShowKey Plus Releases ....
  7. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  8. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036
  9. Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place?: I always like to have my Windows positioned in a certain way on my desktop, and even though some programs remain, a lot don't (i.e. 'This PC' & 'Documents' folder) never stay in the same place. It's always random when opened. Not a major issue I know. But annoying all the...
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows recent places doesnt have recent folder