Windows 10: Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Discus and support Recent Random Frequent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sphanks, Apr 13, 2016.

1. sphanks Win User

Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here.

Config:
    AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler

Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2 MB
    Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB
    MSI Radeon R7 265
    Logitech G602 mouse
    Corsair STRAFE keyboard
    Crucial SSD
    Samsung optical drive

This has been running super stable, stable temps, etc for a couple of months, and this just started blowing up the other day. Dump attached.

Any help deeply appreciated.

:)

sphanks, Apr 13, 2016

2. Multiple BSOD suddenly.

BSOD are more frequent now, seems to be random, doesn't matter what im doing.

JoshuaDonaldson89, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Frequent random BSODs

Hi,

The 3 Bug_Check were 139, 0A, & 3B. None of the minidumps showed a solid cause.

BiosVersion = 4.6.5

BiosReleaseDate = 02/14/2014

SystemManufacturer = Notebook

SystemProductName = P15SM-A/SM1-A

BaseBoardManufacturer = Notebook

BaseBoardProduct = P15SM-A/SM1-A

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2800

CurrentSpeed: 2794

1. Avast could be involved in the issue or helping to mask the cause. Fully uninstall it and then run its maker's removal tool. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 8/8.1 & 10 is a full antivirus.

Avast - Uninstall Utility

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

2. Update the BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major on-board and separate device drivers. Especially the RealTek network drivers, video, and razer drivers (see driver update methods below).

Intel Driver Update Utility <-- run this after checking with Notebook maker

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant&

Intel Download Center

Drivers & Software

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support

Intel - Community and Forums

Intel Communities, Blogs, and Social@Intel

RealTek RTL8168 drivers

Realtek

Nvidia - Drivers - Use OPTION 1 to manually enter your driver info to get most current drivers.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Nvidia Support - check with Support as it could be a known issue

Nvidia Support

Nvidia Forums - also check for forums as it could be a known issue and/or others likely to have it

http://forums.nvidia.com/

3. Run the memory tests (see methods below).

4. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

5. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a

CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods below).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BCCode: 3b 0x0000003b <-- read this link

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If Driver Verifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Looked at the latest 8 dumps, they are all the same:

Code: BugCheck 51, {1, ffffc001af674000, 92115915, 2d2} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+cfaa )[/quote] Code: REGISTRY_ERROR (51) Something has gone badly wrong with the registry. If a kernel debugger is available, get a stack trace. It can also indicate that the registry got an I/O error while trying to read one of its files, so it can be caused by hardware problems or filesystem corruption. It may occur due to a failure in a refresh operation, which is used only in by the security system, and then only when resource limits are encountered.[/quote] Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x51 PROCESS_NAME: GoogleUpdate.e[/quote] Start by uninstalling all things Google, Google Chrome, Google Desktop, Google Toolbar, etc.
    Reboot and test, see if that resolved the BSODs.

If you do have registry corruption I don't know of any way to fix it other than reinstall. You could try a Repair Install which would leave all your data and most software ASIS. If that doesn't resolve the problem then you need to backup your data and do a Clean Install. We're not at that stage yet, try the google stuff first.

Ztruker, Apr 13, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Registry corruption may be fixed with a few things, depending on what the root cause exactly is.

Recent Random Frequent BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

6. sphanks Win User
    Code: REGISTRY_ERROR (51) Something has gone badly wrong with the registry. If a kernel debugger is available, get a stack trace. It can also indicate that the registry got an I/O error while trying to read one of its files, so it can be caused by hardware problems or filesystem corruption. It may occur due to a failure in a refresh operation, which is used only in by the security system, and then only when resource limits are encountered.[/quote] Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x51 PROCESS_NAME: GoogleUpdate.e[/quote] Start by uninstalling all things Google, Google Chrome, Google Desktop, Google Toolbar, etc.
    Reboot and test, see if that resolved the BSODs.

If you do have registry corruption I don't know of any way to fix it other than reinstall. You could try a Repair Install which would leave all your data and most software ASIS. If that doesn't resolve the problem then you need to backup your data and do a Clean Install. We're not at that stage yet, try the google stuff first.[/quote] OK, the system blew up as soon as I tried to un-install Google Chrome (the only Google sw installed), but eventually, got that done.

It now runs a clean scan using SFC. I'll let you know if the problem recurs.

Thanks very much for your help

sphanks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent Random Frequent BSOD - Similar Threads - Recent Random Frequent

2. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  3. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  4. Frequent Random BSOD'S

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Random BSOD'S: I am currently using a Legion Y540 with 16GB RAM, i5-9300H and a GTX 1650. Of late there have been lot of infrequent or random BSOD's, I clean installed Windows , tried reinstalling and have also run hardware scans on all components. I even had the motherboard replaced as it...
  5. Random and frequent BSOD

Random and frequent BSOD: Frequent and random BSOD Windows. The only time Windows stays up is when Battlefront2 is running with Epic Games and Origin OR when actively playing software games. MSinfo File output: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Al3NPewdj35cpgQPsY2CNPVZNKly?e=UMcj27 Memory.dmp file zipped:...
  6. Frequent Random BSODs

Frequent Random BSODs: Hello all, So my pc has been acting weird for months now, at first only when gaming my pc shut down with no messages or anything, windows event viewer kept on showing DistributedCOM errors even after i kept on fixing them and refused to boot until i manually pressed the...
  7. Frequent random BSODs

Frequent random BSODs: While working on different software, all of a sudden BSODs have started to crash my laptop frequently. I've collected as much info. as possible regarding my laptop using the following: V2 Log collector, RAMMon, Speccy, CPU-z, W7F Diagnostic Tool. All that info. dumps are...
  8. Random and frequent BSOD

Random and frequent BSOD: I keep on getting BSOD very frequently with different stop codes. I would appreciate any help since this computer is essentially not usable. Windows Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) Thanks! Log Files: Box 157510
  9. Random and frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random and frequent BSOD: Guys, I have just built a new PC. After booting up, the system will randomly freeze and shut down with an error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Then the collecting process will stuck at 0. After it reboot, it will not be able to find ssd which is my boot driver. Then reboot...
  10. Frequent random BSODs

Frequent random BSODs: Built this system in January and installed W10 Pro. It was stable and FAST with my M.2 Samsung 960 SSD. About a month ago, I started getting random BSODs. Nothing has been installed other than updates. I've run virus and malware scans, it's clean. Ryzen 5 6-core, 2 GSkill...