Windows 10: Recent update noow disallows use of programs

Discus and support Recent update noow disallows use of programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Levono computer, came with Windows 10. Open Office was installed and has been my only source for documents/correspondence. The last update that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guns90, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Guns90 Win User

Recent update noow disallows use of programs

Levono computer, came with Windows 10. Open Office was installed and has been my only source for documents/correspondence. The last update that Microsoft forced on me is requiring the purchase of Microsoft Office to get access to Open Office. Is there away around this?

:)

Guns90, Aug 5, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent update noow disallows use of programs :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Recent update noow disallows use of programs

COD4 on Windows 7 kick for disallowed program/driver

hey everyone,
    i just installed cod4 on my laptop through steam and i keep getting kicked by punk buster for a disallowed program/driver about 10 minutes into the game. how do i fix this?

frankie827, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Recent update noow disallows use of programs

1. Recent update noow disallows use of programs - Similar Threads - Recent update noow

2. Unable to disallow a program access to the piravate firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to disallow a program access to the piravate firewall: As the title suggests. I am unable to remove Winamp from the "Private" part of the Windows Defender Firewall. I can toggle it on or off for "Public", no problem. But "Private": no dice....
  3. Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate.: Having an odd problem. Programs are not remembering the last used file and recently used files lists are inaccurate. A game I play regularly doesn't always load the most recent saved game when I open it up, After Effects and other programs I use for work have inaccurate...
  4. Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update: After a recent Windows 10 update my Kodi media player and my 4DO emulator for 3DO games will no longer open up like they always did before. I get error Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0. Apparently this has something to do with .net framework not working correctly, but I ran...
  5. Programs and system options broken after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs and system options broken after recent update: After restarting and applying the newest updates for Windows 10, I'm having a bunch of problems. Firefox closes itself not crashes after a few minutes of use, same with Settings after a few seonds. Malwarebytes and Bitdefender won't open at all, I haven't found anything else...
  6. Disallow version update but allow driver updates etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disallow version update but allow driver updates etc.: Hey guys, I am currently on version 1809 as with the newer versions I got a lot of BSODs. My question is, is it possible for Windows update to update drivers, security stuff etc but disallow it to update version ( for example update to Windows 10 v1903 ) ? It gets really...
  7. OneNote Disallow Organisation Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote Disallow Organisation Access: Hi, When signing into OneNote on my PC, I accidentally ticked the ‘allow my organisation to control my device’ box. How do I disable this now? Thanks submitted by /u/Ummm17 [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't run some programs. Recent update is suspect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run some programs. Recent update is suspect: I recently (Sept 14th) ran Windows update to get the latest cumulative updates. Since then, I can't start the following programs BlueStacks android emulator - opens with error BlueStacks installer - starts (shows in task manager) then exits with no window, or notification...
  9. Recent update now disallows use of programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update now disallows use of programs: Levono computer, came with Windows 10. Open Office was installed and has been my only source for documents/correspondence. The last update that Microsoft forced on me is requiring the purchase of Microsoft Office to get access to Open Office. Is there away around this? 115424
  10. Restore recent files for programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore recent files for programs: I dunno what I did to disable it but I tried restoring recent folders,ect but it never re enabled the recent list for each program in their context menu on the task bar. Is there an easy registry file thing available to re enable it? Running creators update thats fully up to...