Windows 10: Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load

Discus and support Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard and an Intel Xeon 1231 v3. I use a Nvidia GTX 660 GPU, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by usaradark, Dec 18, 2015.

1. usaradark Win User

Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load

Hi,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard and an Intel Xeon 1231 v3. I use a Nvidia GTX 660 GPU, and recently my FPS in-game has been stuttering. When I checked my GPU load, I noticed it kept on dipping below the threshold that the game would use. For example, if the maximum load the game took was 80%, every 10 seconds or so the load would dip down to 20%, causing a stutter. This makes the games I play virtually unplayable.
    Attachment 54423
    I was playing Tera, and this game IS known for it's optimization issues, but I had no problems in the past running this game with my previous motherboard. I recently got a BSOD and I'm hoping that it could lead me somewhere good. If anything, I might just RMA my motherboard and call it defective.

:)

usaradark, Dec 18, 2015
  2. LS3-PC Win User

Applications crashing unexpectedly

I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro. The CPU, GPU, RAM and other stats are normal. CPU max 50% usage 6 cores 12 threads, GPU at 100% load when loading games, but at max 20% load in other apps. I have 16GB or RAM which is at about 60% load (9GB)
    at most in any application. I've upgraded GPU almost exactly 1 year ago and I upgraded CPU, RAM and motherboard in the last 4 months. The oldest part (besides the case, which shouldn't matter on performance) is the mechanical hard drive, which is 4 years old
    (I took it from my old PC). Windows is up to date and virus free. I built the PC myself and the last change I remember doing was upgrading my CPU, RAM and motherboard, which was the upgrade I mentioned. Everything was working fine for the 4 months I had it,
    up until a few days before today. I do think it's the hard drive going, judging by my scenario.

LS3-PC, Dec 18, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    CPU and GPU clock speeds drop under load

Sure sounds like an overheating issue. Temp rises instantly & shuts down speed then computer next usually.

Perhaps its time to take apart the computer and clean fan and vents & heat sink and use some fresh cpu heatsink compound.

'Mike P, Dec 18, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Seems there have been 3 crashes, 2 were unable to produce a minidump
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial
    Code: Event[4075]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2015-12-17T20:59:47.000 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Timmy-PC Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 54485
    Code: ffffd000`20486228 fffff800`ac91e7fdUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x18e7fd 5: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`ac790000 fffff800`ad278000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 02:15:19 2015 (55B03217) CheckSum: 00AAF49B ImageSize: 00AE8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] According to the logs, you are using a 9800 GTX+
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load [​IMG]

Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load [​IMG]

5. usaradark Win User
    Here is a more up-to-date scan of my system.

The reason why there was a GTX+ 9800 was because I switched over to it for stability reasons.

I have configured windows to create minidumps during crashes and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia drivers, clean installation, PhysX and Driver only. I have also updated my system specs a bit, but I'm not too sure what else you need from me.

Thanks, I will test it to see if it works or not. Will get back to you within 24 hours.

I also forgot to mention. There is a slight hum in my graphics card when it is under load. I believe it's the infamous coil whine.

usaradark, Dec 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    When I need something, I will ask for it *Smile

You don't have to run the dm log collector when no crash has occured *Smile
    At least, there is no log of another bluescreen.

7. usaradark Win User
    Okay, so lately I haven't gotten a BSOD, but my graphics driver has been crashing. One time, major artifacting occurred and I had to completely restart my system.

usaradark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent upgrade on motherboard and CPU, BSOD when under GPU load - Similar Threads - Recent upgrade motherboard

2. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  3. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  4. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  5. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu bsod under load: my E5-2680v2 pc keeps crashing when putting load on cpu, cpu doing 50c and 80w, have tried these so far:-psu change-resetting bios-driver download-few others heres eventdata and dmp:issue.zip onedrive link<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  6. cpu bsod under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade: I just finished upgrading my pc from a b450-f gaming and ryzen 5 2600 to a b550-f gaming and ryzen 5 5600x. Whenever I try to boot, though, I keep getting “system thread exception not handled.” Any help would be really appreciated!...
  8. BSOD While CPU Under Load

BSOD While CPU Under Load: Hi All, I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out this intermittent BSOD issue I have. It seems to mostly happening while the CPU is under intense load, but isn't really consistent. For example I played Destiny 2 pretty heavily for a few days without...
  9. BSOD during CPU and GPU load

BSOD during CPU and GPU load: Hello guys , this is very frustrating , I've bought a used computer a year ago , a few months in I started getting bsods while playing CSGO , It doesn't crash when not running games . It was completely random . I would also get crackling noise in my headphones before...
  10. BSOD whilst GPU under load.

BSOD whilst GPU under load.: Hey guys, I've been getting BSOD (machine_check_exception) for the past two days whilst the GPU is under load with either a game or a stress test. I have re installed all drivers with no improvement. The BSOD usually happens within 10 minutes of loading but can sometimes be...