Windows 10: Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

Discus and support Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, Normally I am able to figure this stuff out on my own but I am stuck! My newer HP desktop running windows 10 was working perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bigbwb, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Bigbwb Win User

Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

Hey guys,
    Normally I am able to figure this stuff out on my own but I am stuck! My newer HP desktop running windows 10 was working perfectly yesterday. I shut it down last night, came in this morning and I have no wifi option in my network settings? I could not get the wifi "option" to show up under window settings or anywhere else! The only thing I was able to do is use a ethernet cable for the tie being. How do I fix this? I also tried looking in device manager and no longer see the wifi driver.

Thoughts?

:)

Bigbwb, Mar 8, 2017

2. wifi missing from device manager

Recent (9/29/17) Windows 10 update removed the wifi adapter from my device manager. Any fix?

copyeditorBP, Mar 8, 2017
  3. hugh750 Win User
    is it normal for windows update in windows 10 to download updated drivers for uninstalled devices?

recently i unistalled a ralink rt61 wifi card because it kept causing windows 10 64 bit to crash and now i'm running a linksys usb wifi adapter that works on windows 10.

i did remove the ralink rt61 drivers before i removed the card itself and today windows update downloaded and installed a updated driver for the ralink card, is this normal for windows 10 windows update or should i be concerned??

hugh750, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

Hey Bigwb

Go to your manufactures's driver support page and download the appropriate WiFi driver from there.

Alternatively you could also perform a system restore to the date before the update was installed.

ellellell1, Mar 9, 2017
  5. Bigbwb Win User
    Thanks! I was able to fix it by deleting the "mini" drivers or whatever they were called in the device manager under neath my ethernet card. Then I did as you stated and downloaded/installed the wifi drivers from HP, restarted, and boom! it worked.

Bigbwb, Mar 9, 2017
  6. Awesome Job!

Yes, I forgot to mention a full restart was needed to reload the drivers. Make sure to 'Mark this thread as solved' to help others who may have a similar problem *Wink.

ellellell1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

1. Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality - Similar Threads - Recent update removed

2. Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings and Search Functions Not Working After Recent Windows Updates: Windows 10 Home, 21H1, 4/24/2021, 19043.1023, WFEP 120.2212.2020.0A couple of days ago, I attempted to use the "Search" function in Windows File Explorer and found it not working properly. As soon as I mouse click in the search window, the cursor appears for a split second...
  3. Recent Update-Windows Live Mail Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Update-Windows Live Mail Not Functioning: After installing the latest update, my email with Windows Live Mail will not send or receive emails. I get the following error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Att paulborra account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'inbound.att.net' Windows Live...
  4. remove tap function in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove tap function in window 10: unable to remove tap function in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-tap-function-in-window-10/57b7a9ef-95ad-40ea-82cb-c6be9fdccd8a
  5. lost search function in recent updates.

in Cortana
    lost search function in recent updates.: I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but when I enter any text the popup window is totally black. No search results are displayed. The issue seems to have occurred...
  6. Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi drops out following recent Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated on my machine just a couple of days ago. I appears it was a very large update as it took forever. Since then I am having an issue with my wireless connection dropping out on me in the middle of things. It will be going along fine then all of a sudden it...
  7. Sudden Function decrease after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Function decrease after recent update: [IMG]Hi, I am the owner of a Surface Pro 4 laptop computer and after restarting and updating my device, basic functions have ceased or take irritatingly long to process. An example would be upon startup, clicking anything on the taskbar results in 0 commands proceeding....
  8. Bluetooth removed in recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth removed in recent update: Hello, I am using an HP Pavillion at work. I have been using my bluetooth speaker since I started here. Some updates were run on this computer the other day, and now my computer says that it does not have bluetooth capabilities anymore. Troubleshooting I have done...
  9. wifi not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi not working after recent windows update: Wifi stopped working after recent update, namely the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 device has a yellow exclamation mark and is not working. My computed does not see any wifi connections, like it's not supposed to be even capable of connecting to internet via any this...
  10. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update: just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293