Windows 10: Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

Discus and support Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did a windows update yesterday and afterwards my entire system is locking up and most of it is not working. My system was windows 10 home 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anthony76w, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

I just did a windows update yesterday and afterwards my entire system is locking up and most of it is not working. My system was windows 10 home 64 before doing windows update yesterday, but now seems to be looking and acting like windows 7. I can not use the windows start button on my desk top . When ever I right click on any thing computer locks up for about 15 seconds, screen flashes and then I can do stuff again. I can not run windows update says it can not find it. My sound has a red X on it will not work, Norton does not work, internet explorer has a red X and says class not registered. I have tried many things to fix this, but I keep getting strange errors. 0x80070002 error - windows update error 0x800706b5 - 0x800706B5 when I try to open sound - This just started yesterday after I did a windows update, please help if you can.

:)

Anthony76w, Jul 20, 2018

2. recent Win update

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the latest update that cause these issue?

I suggest you to update all device drivers from Device Manager. Once this is done restart the computer to check the status.

Follow the steps below to update the driver:

• Press “Windows key + X” together and select “Device Manager”.

• Locate the touchpad driver.

• Right click on the Touchpad driver icon and click on “Update Driver software”. Follow the on screen directions and complete the process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Kb3140741 updates Causing issues working on the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which is the update which is causing your PC issues?
    • What .Net error are you getting?
    • What happens when you login to Safe mode with networking?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check how to uninstall and update.

• Press Start and type View installed updates.
    • Select the update and right click on it, Select Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right.

1. Recent Windows Update caused my computer to not work right. - Similar Threads - Recent Update caused

2. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  3. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  4. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A recent Windows update crashed my computer and caused major errors to appear .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A recent Windows update crashed my computer and caused major errors to appear .: Hello, yesterday an update came from Microsoft, so I downloaded it and it was stuck in the getting ready phase for almost 10 hours. When I forced the computer to shut down, everything was fine. However, I discovered three major problems with #1. Having trouble using the...
  6. A recent Windows update crashed my computer and caused major errors to appear .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A recent Windows update crashed my computer and caused major errors to appear .: Hello, yesterday an update came from Microsoft, so I downloaded it and it was stuck in the getting ready phase for almost 10 hours. When I forced the computer to shut down, everything was fine. However, I discovered three major problems with #1. Having trouble using the...
  7. A recent Windows update crashed my computer and caused major errors to appear .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The recent update caused problems to my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The recent update caused problems to my PC.: After updating a few days ago, there were a couple of changes on my PC. First big change is that the microphone on my headset is not working properly. Prior to the update it was working perfectly fine but now my voice sounds very far away and muffled, and it fluctuates...
  9. My computer isn't working right

My computer isn't working right: So when i start my computer it says preparing automatic repair after a while a error shows up error code:0xc0000001 i hope someone can help me Im using lenovo thinkpad with windows 10...
  10. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...