Windows 10: Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing.

Discus and support Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duhasian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. duhasian Win User

Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing.

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

:)

duhasian, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Can't Move Mouse While Typing

Hi,

It seems that the issue is related to the Synaptics driver update. Since Windows was operating correctly before that change, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to prevent the unwanted driver from being installed in this

article

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Can't Move Mouse While Typing

Ever since the Synaptics driver updated, it keeps doing this. After I press a key on the keyboard, I cannot use the mouse for about 1 second.

After some research, many people suggested going into the SmartSense option and turning everything way down,

and so I did
    . (please click on it to see)

I tried messing around with all sliders in this and all others, but no luck. I installed an older version of the driver and everything worked well, but Windows keeps installing the latest version of Synaptics automatically.

I'm using Windows 10, so I went to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad > (default is short delay) and set this to "No delay", but it doesn't change anything.

Instead of disabling updates or installing an older driver, shouldn't the latest version work just fine? Why did they mess it up?

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Detective Kaito, Jul 29, 2015
  4. duhasian Win User

Bump. This is really becoming an irritating problem for me. I would like some suggestions in order to solve this issue. Thanks

duhasian, Jul 29, 2015
  5. duhasian Win User
    Bump, can someone seriously help me? I had checked just about everything. I really need help on this problem

duhasian, Jul 30, 2015
  6. thomash Win User
    Sounds like a driver issue to me, you should probably post in Drivers and Hardware instead.

thomash, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Joe2506 Win User
    I had this problem in windows 8.1 also but fixed it by turning off smartsense.. But in windows 10 in did absolutely nothing

Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Spayco Win User

i had this problem and i found the solution , this problem is facing people in all OSs , after updating the Synaptic driver ,
    so you are going to edit the driver's setting , go to Mouse setting , just search Mouse on search bar and you'll find it
    then follow the Picture , put the bar in Min and click OK the problem will be fixed (no need to restart)

Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing. [​IMG]

Spayco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recently installed Windows 10. Can't move mouse while typing. - Similar Threads - Recently installed Can't

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  4. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  5. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't move touchpad while typing.

Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  7. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't move mouse while typing: Ok, so I'm on windows 10 on an HP laptop Which I only just got, although I'm familiar with windows 10, and when I hold down a key I can't move the mouse. This seems like the sort of thing you can turn off in settings, but I can't find it. I didn't have this issue on my last...
  8. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  9. Move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse while typing: So as I type, I cant move my mouse and wonder why? If anyone replies to this please tell me! I'm on a Windows 10 Laptop and need to know these instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-while-typing/503824ee-95cb-46b1-9f9c-1bbee09f695a
  10. In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.

In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.: Okay so I had this problem in windows 8.1 but fixed it by turning off smart sense which still has the same function in windows 10 but it did not work. I am looking so find solutions online because this problem is really annoying when it comes to games.. So if you have any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move mouse while typing 2019

2. windows 10 cant move mouse while typing

3. cant use mouse while typing

4. i cant move my mouse while typing windows 10 2019