Windows 10: Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april??

Discus and support Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I just installed windows 10 like 2-3 days ago and I just had a notification pop up that showed me about 20+ gifs in an album that something had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hartknocks, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april??

So, I just installed windows 10 like 2-3 days ago and I just had a notification pop up that showed me about 20+ gifs in an album that something had recorded of me playing the game League of Legends over 2 months ago when I had windows 7, this is also after I basically wiped my hardrive as well. What the heck is this? Why was it only that game in that specific time-frame and more importantly why is my computer saving these gifs in the first place?

:)

hartknocks, Jun 7, 2017

2. How do you get album art to display in N95 player?

Only JPEG and PNG files can be used for album art.

I haven't tested recently but last time I checked GIF and BMP files where not diplayed (if you add the pictures to the metadata).

If you add the album art in the phone then it's different. Just keep in mind that if you move the files away from the phone the album art will be lost again, and you wil need to add it again.

el_loco---01, Jun 7, 2017
  3. user6300 Win User
    Nokia 6301 .. is it really S60 Smart Phone????

Have a look at these images ... now the question is... what's the right one

Is Nokia 6301 really going to be S60 Phone.... This could be a Very Great News....

Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april?? [​IMG]

Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april?? [​IMG]

user6300, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april??

Hi hartknocks. Welcome to the TenForums @hartknocks

I'm not a gamer so I shouldn't probably even suggest an answer.

I would start my search with xbox. Not sure you use or not.

Likely with xbox you have a microsoft account and you may have used that account with Windows 10. As I understand it xbox is far more integrated into 10. It went in and found these gifs on your account and like some of the other social media accounts it reminds you of those life experiences.

I would investigate xbox options around saving game play and in particular the specific game.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 7, 2017
  5. I haven't used an Xbox since 360, and that's been years. I just find it odd that in windows 7 it never notified me of these, or was aware it had been saving them. The only thing I can think of is this program I used to record gameplay, but stopped using it because it dropped my FPS, but that has nothing to do with windows 10, and I also wiped my hard drive so it's weird they're still on there unless I didn't clean it well enough and there's some stuff just lingering somewhere. So it might have just found them on my computer and thought I'd be interested in looking at them?

hartknocks, Jun 7, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Your computer wanted to bring you back some memories from the good ol' days. Good times.

Right?

No, so this is what I think might have happened. When you made a clean install of Windows 10, you did not let it to completely wipe out your hard drive (by rewriting everything in there to zeros). It only formatted the first part of the drive to make everything in there look like it no longer exists, (yet it still does exist if you use some app to recover hard drive files). I'm guessing when you were asked to format the drive, it took only took like a few seconds or something to format the drive before installing Windows 10?

After Windows 10 got installed, it may have recovered that file or something weird (it's possible, but a little out there. I mean Windows 10 is so advanced with so many features, that somehow read that file or something and recovered it. It's a possibility)

Exactly where was this file found? Examples:
    C:\
    C:\Windows
    etc..

And about it being recorded, that's an easy assumption that could most likely be true. You said you used to record, but noticed how slow it made things. That means it is very highly possible that you have recorded that exact thing before, yet you forgot about it (you never viewed the recording, but it was saved on the computer), and never knew that file existed as a pre-recording that you did.

pepanee, Jun 8, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    But also check up on this idea:

Maybe when you had your account previously, it uploaded your GIF thing online in your Microsoft account, and when you re-installed Windows, you logged in with that same account (I'm assuming) and it synchronized that GIF from online, from your account.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april??

1. Recently installed Windows 10, GIF album notifications from april?? - Similar Threads - Recently installed GIF

2. Disable gifs from onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable gifs from onscreen keyboard: I'm a heavy user of the onscreen keyboard and use it to type boring things like – — … §‶“ «»‛‹› I'm not a heavy user of the Tenor provide gifs they low quality and not even funny. How do I disable the Tenor supported gifs in the on screen keyboard?***moved to english...
  3. Disable gifs from onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable gifs from onscreen keyboard: I'm a heavy user of the onscreen keyboard and use it to type boring things like – — … §‶“ «»‛‹› I'm not a heavy user of the Tenor provide gifs they low quality and not even funny. How do I disable the Tenor supported gifs in the on screen keyboard?***moved to english...
  4. is it safe to install new updates of window 10 given from 10 april to 14 april 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to install new updates of window 10 given from 10 april to 14 april 2020: is it safe to install new updates of window 10 given from 10 april to 14 april 2020 as previously there is a bug in previous bug [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-install-new-updates-of-window-10/4d1404fa-4006-4c61-99b8-7e1f05967921
  5. Windows 10 recently installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 recently installed: Epson ETR-4550 unable to print double sided since installing Windows 10. Some settings cannot be changed because Administrator Lock has been enabled. Is this a fault in Windows 10 & how can it be cured?...
  6. recent windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent windows 10 install: was using windows 7 home premium, recently upgraded to windows 10. after install, printer, smart tv, apple tv are not recognized as being on network. Need Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-10-install/58eb47d8-f30b-44f4-8fb2-fbf3d66077a9
  7. Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Facebook Notifications in Windows 10 April 2019: This is still an issue??? I just got a notification from FACEBOOK on my WINDOWS 10 notifications. All notifications shut off in Win10. All notifications shut off in Facebook. Yet a popup telling me my "friend" has a birthday. I don't even have a facebook friend. But...
  8. From HTG Windows 10 April Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From HTG Windows 10 April Update: BSOD Windows 10 April Update. Worthy of a read, from How To Geeks https://www.howtogeek.com/410077/win...in-some-games/ 130186
  9. .gif Desktop for my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    .gif Desktop for my Windows 10: Hello, I am using a Windows 10 Home Laptop with HP Brand. In Windows 95, NT4, 98 (SE), 2000 and ME, you could use .gif files for desktop, in WIndows XP and later, they've removed the compatibility, and I am Windows 10 Home Laptop x64 HP. I want an application that can play...
  10. Constant notifications for the same album being created?

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant notifications for the same album being created?: I have Windows Photo set up to automatically put pictures into albums, but recently (Maybe the last 2 weeks) it's started giving me a notification that a new album has been created every time that I turn the machine on, and it's the exact same album each time. I haven't...