Windows 10: Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate

Discus and support Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Running an SSD and my old HDD. Migrated everything from HDD to SSD when i installed a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rozza, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Rozza Win User

Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate

So I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7.

Running an SSD and my old HDD. Migrated everything from HDD to SSD when i installed a long time ago.

Since updating to windows 10 my add/remove program function no longer works - the list only populates with programs i've installed AFTER the upgrade.

I've trawled the internet and cannot find the answer. Don't think the issue lies in the registry as when I looked it seems windows does not have the registry entries for my old programs.

I'd be grateful for any help.

TLDR: Upgraded from WIN7 TO WIN10. Selected the option that lets me keep the majority of my apps. Add/remove program no longer populates with the stuff I had before the upgrade.

Thanks

:)

Rozza, Jan 4, 2017
  2. borgf151 Win User

Windows 10 family safety "whitelist only"

Does microsoft plan to add the "whitelist only" option to the windows 10 family safety? This option exists for windows 7 but was apparently removed for windows 10. If there are no plans to fix this, I will not upgrade from 7 to 10. If it will be fixed,
    anyone know what timeline we can expect?

borgf151, Jan 4, 2017
  3. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 (non-OEM) - I want to install this clean on a new computer

Nope, you can't transfer it because the base qualifying license is an OEM Windows 7. You need a full Windows 10 license.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 4, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Hi Rozza and welcome to the forum. How difficult would it be to do a clean install of Win10 and reinstall all of your apps and data? This usually fixes things like this. Upgrades are known for creating issues and without a clean install you're likely to see further issues.

SoFine409, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Rozza Win User
    Hi, Thanks

Ah I guessed I would need to do a clean install ;_;. Fairly inconvenient for me to do atm. I had hoped there would be some solution but I can see a fresh install would be the easiest option.

Thank you very much for your help.

Rozza, Jan 4, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Where are you looking at "Add/Remove Programs"?

NavyLCDR, Jan 4, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Before you do you should back up all of your data and make sure you have all of your install disks and serial numbers. Do you have an external drive that you can duck up,your data to? Also back up your downloads folder if that's where you keep install programs. Also there is a command in Win10 for exporting all of your drivers. Search the tutorials section to find that and the clean install instructions as well.

SoFine409, Jan 4, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Where are you looking at "Add/Remove Programs"? There are two lists:

Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate [​IMG]

Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 4, 2017
  9. Rozza Win User
    Hi,
    @NavyLCDR, I'm looking at the 2nd image you posted the Programs and features list.

@ SoFine409 Yeah I upgraded to windows 10 on the back of the "free" period so have no install CDs for windows 10, only for windows 7. Have no plans to format any time soon however haha.

Thanks

Rozza, Jan 4, 2017
  10. It's always a good idea to do a clean install either right after an upgrade or instead of an upgrade. There are literally millions of variables that could cause an issue when upgrading, and almost all are outside of Microsoft's control.

A clean install shouldn't take you more than two hours or so, if you plan ahead.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recently upgraded to windows 10 (from 7). Add/remove does not populate - Similar Threads - Recently upgraded Add

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 - Keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 - Keeps crashing.: Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I've ran into a few problems. Sometimes my pc will freeze to the point where I have to just press the power button and sometimes it will just randomly turn off. It has been doing is quite frequently since the upgrade and...
  4. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  5. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10,...
  6. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  7. Upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Upgrade from windows 7 to 10: Will I have to reinstall all my other programs if I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/8e7e80e5-f177-4523-b8d9-179fbda9b52f
  8. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7: Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000' Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-10-from-windows-7/d38a1f64-8883-40b3-9738-fafb3e40b3c0
  9. does Windows 10 recognise recently upgraded windows 7 from 32 to 64 bi

does Windows 10 recognise recently upgraded windows 7 from 32 to 64 bi: I registered for W10 upgrade before doing a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit from a 32 bit version. Now that I have 64 bit windows 7 I'm worried that the version of W10 will be 32bit. Is there any way I can check that I'll be installing the 64 bit version of W10? Any help...
  10. Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and i cant no longer some games (like minecraft).