Windows 10: recieved a suspicious email

Discus and support recieved a suspicious email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; could someone please inform me if this email is legit. the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robertdamen, Aug 18, 2018.

1. recieved a suspicious email

could someone please inform me if this email is legit.

the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in

the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app."

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was yours.

is this legit or some sort of hoax email tring to get my personal details ?

:)

robertdamen, Aug 18, 2018

2. recieved a suspicious email

could someone please inform me if this email is legit.

the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in

the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app."

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was
    yours.

is this legit or some sort of hoax email tring to get my personal details ?

robertdamen, Sep 20, 2018
  3. recieved a suspicious email

Hello,

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused. I suggest that reporting this email to Microsoft Outlook can report unwanted messages and phishing emails through the integrated email notification options.

Below I give you the information of how to do it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/en-en/libra...(v=exchg.150).aspx

Also, the email address domain is from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com, it is safe to trust the message and open it. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10636/...)

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Regards.

dayamiperez, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Dave Land Win User

recieved a suspicious email

Suspicious "Welcome to Windows 10" email?

Hello,

I came to his page after receiving the same suspicious email.

I had written a reply asking you to confirm whether the suspicious email originated with Microsoft.

I just received another, correct email, admitting that an error at Microsoft led to the suspicious email.

Thank you

Dave Land, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

recieved a suspicious email

1. recieved a suspicious email - Similar Threads - recieved suspicious email

2. Unable recieve emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable recieve emails: Unable to recieve emails it's my business account need immediate response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-recieve-emails/157237a1-6494-4d0a-8520-00b64ef3856f
  3. Unable recieve emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable recieve emails: Unable to recieve emails it's my business account need immediate response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-recieve-emails/157237a1-6494-4d0a-8520-00b64ef3856f
  4. Suspicious email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious email: Has anyone else had an email saying they are from the administrations of live.co.uk saying that a request had been placed to deactivate you outlook email account and to click a link to cancel it?...
  5. Suspicious email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious email: Has anyone else had an email saying they are from the administrations of live.co.uk saying that a request had been placed to deactivate you outlook email account and to click a link to cancel it?...
  6. Suspicious email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Suspicious Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Email: I just got an email from Windows Defender Store with the email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I believe this is spam since its a gmail.com email and not microsoft.com and I didn't purchase nor did my credit card on file get dinged for Windows Defender...
  8. Suspicious Email

Suspicious Email: I received an email stating that $249.99 was going to be taken out of my account for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection? It also has a phone number 844-956-1796. I need to know if this is real or fake and should I call the number listed? Thank you....
  9. Suspicious email

Suspicious email: I received an email but it was as if someone is sending it to themselves via me.how is that possible,am i hacked?what to do?i changed password only.j. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/suspicious-email/45faed4f-365a-4820-b2d6-a82a048deaf5
  10. suspicious email

suspicious email: Trying to find out if an email I received is really from ms. Have sent in form, redid password. Anything else I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-email/63ded4fa-ebc3-4ad5-93b5-f03459acf1bd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suspicious email received

2. Received a suspicious email to outlook