Windows 10: Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?

Discus and support Recocery disk made with and without system files difference? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I make a recovery disk on usb from the recovery icon in Control Panel (windows 10 laptop) I get an option to choose with system or without system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perfection, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?

When I make a recovery disk on usb from the recovery icon in Control Panel (windows 10 laptop) I get an option to choose with system or without system files - there in a sizeable increase in the space demanded by windows to accomplish each of these

What really is the difference in the usefulness productivity of the recovery usb (what can I do or not do) if I do not back up with system files?

I know that one can build a recovery drive on dvd by using another option in control Panel called "backup and Restore windows 7" I would love to know whether this is the same as the recovery disk built from the option above? Does it include system files (as there is not such option offered here) or not and if it does, why is the recovery disk on my DVD so much smaller that the 8 to 16 GB recovery USB built with system files above?

Thanks

:)

perfection, Aug 27, 2018
  2. rtb31 Win User

Disk Cleanup-clean up system files- windows 10 not working

Tried all suggested fixes sfc, safe mode, etc. but nothing works.....AND I have the SAME problem on TWO DIFFERENT computers.....a Dell and a Lenovo. Disk Cleanup goes through all the steps, but does nothing to Cleanup the files it finds.

rtb31, Aug 27, 2018
  3. System Volume Information contains redundant historical "System Volume Information" files using 80% of my disk

Thanks for providing the additional details regarding your concern as well as the diagnostic steps that you have completed. Since the files in the system volume information folder still remain and were not removed with the steps provided, we suggest that
    you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run a disk cleanup so that the unused system files and cache can be removed from your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Aug 27, 2018
  4. geotso Win User

Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?

1. Recocery disk made with and without system files difference? - Similar Threads - Recocery disk made

2. High disk/page file usage from System without explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High disk/page file usage from System without explanation: Hi, my computer has recently become unusable due to high disk and page file usage from the System/NT Kernel Process. I check for updates twice a dayone update seemed to have issues installing recently and there was no confirmation it installed and installed a malware/virus...
  3. High disk/page file usage from System without explanation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High disk/page file usage from System without explanation: Hi, my computer has recently become unusable due to high disk and page file usage from the System/NT Kernel Process. I check for updates twice a dayone update seemed to have issues installing recently and there was no confirmation it installed and installed a malware/virus...
  4. High disk/page file usage from System without explanation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. file "system" 100% disk udage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file "system" 100% disk udage: hello, my name is Nick I noticed that file "system" started using 100% disk and i don't know ho w to fix it. It's really slowing down my pc, i can't open anything. It's not using disk all the time, only 5-7 times a day but its really annoying. could you help me solve this...
  6. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  7. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing disk errors without an operating system: I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk. I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable software that can check for errors and repair them? Any help would be appreciated. 129929
  8. Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: I have downloaded Macrium Reflect to try it out before purchasing. It is v6.3.1665. I am seeing the errors: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: Y:\Visual Studio\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TeamFoundation\Team Explorer\1045\* and on and on...
  9. How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Access Documents and Settings on a Different System Disk?: I have a second system disk in my machine. Win10. I was running the machine off it until I managed to repair my original system disk via RegBack. Now it is still hooked up but no longer the boot disk. I plan to wipe it clean and use it for mirroring my sys disk image....
  10. System/Boot files on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    System/Boot files on different drives: New to these forums and hoping someone can help with my issue. I have a homebuilt machine that had Win7 ultimate running on a 150GB HDD. I cloned it some time ago to a 500 GB HDD. Then I changed to Win10 Pro (first upgraded to Win8 and then immediately to Win10) and all...