Windows 10: Recommend backup software for 10

Discus and support Recommend backup software for 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sn00ker, Aug 1, 2015.

1. sn00ker Win User

Recommend backup software for 10

Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has fail when I try to restore an image on 2 different drives . So anything but ATI, thanks

:)

sn00ker, Aug 1, 2015
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

What software antivirus that you recommend for windows phone8

It isn't needed. You're protected from viruses by the marketplace store and the protection built into the browser.

You still need to use safe browsing methods though (i.e. don't type personal details into websites without knowing that they're trusted).

[ Pete ], Aug 1, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Any Anti-Virus software for E51 to recommend?

Using since S60 2nd edition. Initally my fear was about the BT. But S60 3rd is more secure and they are nothin but slowin down the phone.

Well, mobile hackers have to think about on this ignorance.Recommend backup software for 10 ;)

Recommend backup software for 10 :D

korngear, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Chris T Win User

After using Acronis some years ago and having a few problems I decided to use Windows own backup programme. I see that it still seems accessible with Windows 10 but is now called "File History" you can make image backups of your main drive and in my case I have data files on a different drive and I can add a backup for them at the same time. I had one occasion to restore the C image with this software before in Windows 7 and it worked fine. A guide can be found here: How to make a full backup of a Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 PC | Windows Central

Chris T, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Recommend Macrium Reflect. They have a free version that has all the features you need.

Mark Phelps, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I use the built in Windows Tools, 'Create a System Image', 'Backup and Restore' and 'File History'; they work fine for me.

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  7. I am using macrium reflect on two systems and it works very well. I also use AOMEI on a laptop and it also works well.
    I have done many restores of Images of 8.1 and even 10 and have not experienced any problems.
    Shipinomore.

shipinomore10, Aug 1, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Thank you for the suggestion though I already use windows back up for emergency if all else fails . The thing is I need a software were by I can load windows and perform the backups and restores . My drives are all encrypted so I can't get into them unless I de-crypt, this is why I only use windows for a emergency ... Thanks though

sn00ker, Aug 1, 2015
  9. sn00ker Win User
    Ok, so 2 votes for Macrium Reflect then . Since its free I will give it a look and see, thank you *Cool

sn00ker, Aug 1, 2015
  10. I do own three copies. I just don't believe free works as well as paid for. Just me. Aomei is free and I use two of their products.
    one is Partition Assistant and I have done alot of deleting and reconf. and never has failed or made a mess.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Aug 1, 2015
  11. harpua Win User
    W10 wouldn't allow me to keep my old version of Acronis so I tried the free version of Macrium and so far it's working great for me. Seems less buggy than Acronis was also.

harpua, Aug 1, 2015
  12. sn00ker Win User
    You know I heard about these softwares but never used them since I always used Acronis and I would always recommend Acronis to family members/friends and even on the net but not any longer . It seem this company is becoming another Symantec . I will also take a look at Aomei, Thanks

sn00ker, Aug 1, 2015
  13. altae Win User

I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro. It's not exactly cheap but reliable. Works well with Windows 10.

altae, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Flik Win User
    Another vote for Macrium, it has saved me SO many times I've lost count *Smile

15. pepegotme Win User
    Macrium is the best but, I would purchase it. Macrium 6 restored my 100 gig HD in less than three minutes-unbelieveable but, true.
    In addition, you do not need a restore image disk as you can config it to restore when you boot up. Off course always have a restore disc just in case the computer will not start normally. Macrium RDR (Rapid disk restore) comes only with the purchased copy-not the free one.

pepegotme, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Recommend backup software for 10 - Similar Threads - Recommend backup software

2. Please recommend a Backup software that does the following! Thank you!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please recommend a Backup software that does the following! Thank you!: Hello everyone, I'm a bit desperate at this point and I need your help! For the past week I've been testing backup software and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Ironically, I thought my needs were the bare minimum in what a backup software does. Please recommend a...
  3. Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software: I would appreciate any recommendations for backup & recovery software for my new Acer Aspire XC desktop computer. I'm running Win 11 Home 22H2. I only back-up once a week as this is simply an email and light games home computer. The software must:1. Be able to back-up the...
  4. Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software

Recommendation for Win 11 Backup and Recovery Software: I would appreciate any recommendations for backup & recovery software for my new Acer Aspire XC desktop computer. I'm running Win 11 Home 22H2. I only back-up once a week as this is simply an email and light games home computer. The software must:1. Be able to back-up the...
  5. Recommendations on a backup regime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendations on a backup regime: Hi. I have a win 10 PC and want to back up data periodically. It's not mission critical, does not need to be live or daily backups.A. To this point I have been old-school and avoided cloud-based backup. I am still a hard-drive, disc-in-hand kind of person for reasons of...
  6. Recommendations on a backup regime

Recommendations on a backup regime: Hi. I have a win 10 PC and want to back up data periodically. It's not mission critical, does not need to be live or daily backups.A. To this point I have been old-school and avoided cloud-based backup. I am still a hard-drive, disc-in-hand kind of person for reasons of...
  7. Recommendations on a backup regime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought: I am looking at Acronis or Macrium. Any thoughts? Is the free version of Macrium good or should I buy one. Many thanks SM 125805
  9. Backup strategy recommendations

Backup strategy recommendations: A friend has asked me for help in setting up a backup strategy for her computer. I am way out of date on the best practices in this area. It's a desktop computer currently running Windows 7 but she wants to bring it up to date with Windows 10 so I'm looking for a good backup...
  10. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307