Windows 10: Recommend Video Card

Discus and support Recommend Video Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Converted a Dell XPS 630i to win 10 at owners request and am having trouble with the dreaded VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm) BSOD. It has 2 x Geforce 8800... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by linw, Mar 23, 2016.

1. linw Win User

Recommend Video Card

Converted a Dell XPS 630i to win 10 at owners request and am having trouble with the dreaded VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm) BSOD. It has 2 x Geforce 8800 GT cards in it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem.

Can anyone please recommend a lower end card that has crashproof win 10 drivers?

:)

2. COMPUTER HELP

Hi,

Based on your description, the challenge that you are experiencing when you're trying to turn on your computer is due to a faulty video card. If you're using an external video card on a desktop computer, we recommend that you remove it, then try to use the
    built-in video card of your motherboard if it has one. After that, check if the persists. If it doesn't have a built-in video card, we suggest that you try to use a different video card. If you're using a laptop, we recommend that you bring it to your device's
    service center or a computer repair shop so that a technician can physically check it up for hardware issues.

Regards.

Joshua Her1, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Miracast not available.

If I upgrade video card and wireless lan will it become compatible? If so what's recommended.

ChrisLuck563, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Recommend Video Card

Fafhrd, Mar 23, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    Thanks for your reply. The installed driver is 341.92. Not sure what to make of this as I had the system going fine for a week, but did have some BSODs to start with. But the owner had it for a few days and got the TDR crash and corrupted files on his C: drive!

I restored an image from just before the crash and it 'seems' to be running fine. Furmark ran for 35 min with no problem and the OCCT stress test ran fine for an hour.

Guess I will just have to hand it back and keep fingers crossed!

Cheers.

6. I would ask the same.

Computer Chicken, Apr 8, 2016
  7. linw Win User
    Thanks for replies but the problem has been solved. His wife bought a new laptop, her reliable win 10 desktop was passed to her husband, and the old problematic PC was sent to the great e-dump in the sky!!!!

And I have learnt never to buy win 10 to put on an old PC, particularly one with an old video card*Smile

linw, Apr 8, 2016
  8. badrobot Win User

Recommend Video Card

Did you say you have cards on SLI? Why don't you try running just one of them and see.

(oooops... late reply... *Biggrin )

badrobot, Apr 8, 2016
  9. linw Win User
    Never mind, you're really not a bad robot!
    I did try just the one card. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

linw, Apr 8, 2016
  10. snoope Win User
    Money and budget can solve any problem.

snoope, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recommend Video Card

1. Recommend Video Card - Similar Threads - Recommend Video Card

2. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  3. Video Card

Video Card: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, is my card Open CL Compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/fb51a277-b614-4e1a-87d5-f2142897f7f7
  4. Graphic Card Recommendation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic Card Recommendation: Hi Everyone I have a 3 years old computer with a build in graphic card. I want to install an PlayStation 4 emulator and to connect the computer to my TV but I can't because I don't really have a graphic card. This is what I've got Intel Core i5 4950 CPU 3.30GhZ RAM 8 GB 64...
  5. Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recommendation for Video Card for my office computer--Non-gaming: Hi all-- My office is using me as a guinea pig for Windows 10. I am using an Acer ET322Qu monitor, which supports resolution up to 2560x1440. Right now, my computer maxes out at 1920x1080, which means that text looks wretched. My HP box only has the intel integrated...
  6. VIDEO CARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO CARD: HOW DO I CHANGE MY VIDEO CARD ON MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/8ed2cbc9-0b85-4b04-a326-8d1c838778d2
  7. video card

video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  8. Recommended graphics card

Recommended graphics card: I have a PC running Windows 10 1709. It's a little older and has an AMD Radeon 7500 series PCIe graphics card. Windows 10 1803 won't install and I believe it's because of the older card. I can certainly get a newer card, buy which one would be the best to maintain...
  9. video card

video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...
  10. Recommended video software apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended video software apps?: I'm being told that Movie Maker is not available for Windows 10, and so is the rest of the Windows Live suite. So now what? What's the alternative for Movie Maker up at this point? 12092