Windows 10: Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Discus and support Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Anyone please recommend a file compressor software please, other than the one that's built in to Windows 10? Thanks! Both excellent IMO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cornishman, Sep 14, 2016.

1. thekelt Win User

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Both excellent IMO. Currently use RAR bec I download, create, and deal with a lot of JPG serial files in CBR, CBZ formats etc. When I have problems with corruption within files I download WinRAR really makes it easy to unpack, find issues, and repack. CBR indicates packed with WinRAR and CBZ with WinZIP. I haven't bothered to check my WinZIP since the WinRAR works so well.
    For standard zipping work I use Directory Opus (from down under) in place of Windows Explorer and it has excellent ZIP abilities built in and handles most compressed files I've run into.
    Basically, you can't really go wrong either way. Cheers.

thekelt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

1. Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please? - Similar Threads - Recommendation file archive

2. What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?: Is there an optimum size for a rar file on a Windows OS?While my question is about the .rar compression which is not a Microsoft product, it is about using it on Windows 10 and any later versions I may update to. My archives will always be created, stored and, when needed,...
  3. What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the optimum rar file size for archiving on Windows 10 and later?: Is there an optimum size for a rar file on a Windows OS?While my question is about the .rar compression which is not a Microsoft product, it is about using it on Windows 10 and any later versions I may update to. My archives will always be created, stored and, when needed,...
  4. how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too not just the exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too not just the exe file: how i make antivirus delete the rar archive zip too with real time protection not just the exe file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-make-antivirus-delete-the-rar-archive-zip/5d22883a-24f0-4b8c-afd0-0ae80fcda27a
  5. Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?: Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program? What happened to the extract option upon right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-have-a-built-in-ziprar-program/2e9d3747-9b72-494b-85e1-4bad992d2391
  6. Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm: Hi folks this is a good one for anybody running Linux VM's 7-Zip FM Nice GUI and works like the Windows version - handles almost any archive format - if you have the 7-zip program on Wondows thie GUI here is almnost identical. (As with most decent Linux software -- Free of...
  7. Help with .RAR files please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with .RAR files please: So I, trying to download this file and extract it with winrar when I download it its icon is an old computer and the only way for me to extract it is by adding it to archives, but then when I do get the rar file with the books icon and extract it it turns back into the...
  8. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  9. Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled

Japanese Characters in .ZIP/RAR/7Z etc files appear garbles, extract garbled: Hello. I am having trouble with file names in Japanese especially those in zip files or rar files. I download and use a lot of Japanese programs and software as I do a lot of translation work. However, the programs and files from some Japanese sources appear as garbled text...
  10. Zip Archive file

Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"