Windows 10: Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

Discus and support Recommendation of setting up a computer lab. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have been recently asked to maintain a computer lab for my school. The person who was previously in charge of it tried to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janothin, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Janothin Win User

Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

Hello everyone,

I have been recently asked to maintain a computer lab for my school. The person who was previously in charge of it tried to create his own image, which caused a lot of software issues and slowness. Beyond me making my own image, I would like some suggestions on some must have software, customization tips, and possible don't do's when setting up a computer lab that will be used by the campus. This is a bit broad, but I am open to having a discussion with everyone and putting together different prospective on doing this.

:)

Janothin, Jan 14, 2018

2. E7-00 Yahoo mail syn problem

I don't use Yahoo, just Hotmail and Ovi Mail, but you should be able to go into your settings and manually configure your mail settings, delete the mailbox then set up again but refuce terms and conditions then you can configure manually. As an alternative,
    Mobile Documents from Beta Labs is fantastic, I have installed it on my E7 and use it in preference to the standard mail set up on the phone, I'd really recommend it :smileywink:

This domain is no more in use

carman58---01, Jan 14, 2018
  3. windows 10 settings reset to default after every reboot

Which setting are you looking at? I want to test it out here in a lab computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 14, 2018
  4. Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Is this just one computer lab? How many computers are we talking about here? Do you have any sort of budget?

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Janothin Win User
    We currently use Deepfreeze on our campus, but that's all at this time. It is one computer lab with 80 computers.

Janothin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

1. Recommendation of setting up a computer lab. - Similar Threads - Recommendation setting computer

2. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lab crashing: Hello i am managing a computer lab and they keep crashing, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802585ffc97, 0xffffd604b8b84bd8, 0xfffff8025d8a6920. they all BSOD randomly when in use and not in use, sometimes...
  3. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lab crashing: Hello i am managing a computer lab and they keep crashing, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802585ffc97, 0xffffd604b8b84bd8, 0xfffff8025d8a6920. they all BSOD randomly when in use and not in use, sometimes...
  4. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Firewall recommended settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  6. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  7. Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab

in Windows 10 Support
    Network adapter not working after setting up hyper-v lab: Hi, I saw an article on your website regarding issue with hyper-v and was hoping for help with my issue. Basically I have created a lab environment on my laptop with: 1) one 2019 server VM, AD DS installed and domain created and static ip for the DC 2) two win10pro VMS 3) One...
  8. Computer recommendations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer recommendations: Can you please help. I want to build a new computer for Microsoft flight sim 2020. What would be the best processor for running this software, a 12 core or would an 8 core be sufficient. I know what the recommended spec is, but what to make sure I have plenty left for any...
  9. Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab: Hello: I'm a teacher's aid for a computer class and until recently our class size was limited to the number of workstations we had available: eighteen desktops. Now we've doubled enrollment and have to pair day-time student with night-time students on a single machine. My...
  10. Feedback Lab?

in Windows 10 Support
    Feedback Lab?: I got an e-mail last week asking if I wanted to sign up for a Windows 10 Feedback Lab. Has anyone else gotten this? Or is it a scam??TIA Tom 93875