Windows 10: Recommended DVD creator app - help needed.

Discus and support Recommended DVD creator app - help needed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone hope this is in the right section? Try as I might, I cannot transfer the content of a USB stick to a DVD. Contents are a photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skofab, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Skofab Win User

Recommended DVD creator app - help needed.

Hi everyone
    hope this is in the right section?

Try as I might, I cannot transfer the content of a USB stick to a DVD. Contents are a photo slideshow (with music) - this is approx 2.7 GB MP4
    The end result is...
    The 'finished' DVD will play on my computer.
    The disk is unsupported according to my domestic DVD player.

Ah I thought, this is just a matter of the disk not being finalised. Re ran the process using (this time Ashampoo burning studio) which confirmed that the disk would be closed/finalised.

My windows 10 system (Pro 64 bit) does not show any means of finalising a disk (although it should if I understand things correctly)
    Windows dvd maker is unavailable.

Is there something obvious I am missing here, which is quite possible of course, and is there an alternate program that a simpleton like me could try?
    Your help advice appreciated.

:)

Skofab, Feb 20, 2018
  2. Bloggi Win User

Windows 10 DVD app options

Hi,

I have an HP Windows 10 laptop with no internal DVD player. I have therefore purchased an external DVD/CD player and now need a recommendation for an app that will help me play the DVDs.

Is anyone able to recommend an excellent free or non-free app that will assist, it would be even better if the app enable me to play Blu-Ray DVDs as well.

Thank you Recommended DVD creator app - help needed. :)

Bloggi, Feb 20, 2018
  3. JAMMPRO Win User
    Windows 10 Creator update

Hi, thanks for the advise, but it doesn't really help much. Dell just recommended getting another program for DVD playing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PowerDVD, but I can't uninstall it! The uninstall just hangs up, midway through! I'm glad I
    didn't upgrade my other computers; looks like Win 10 Creator still needs a lot of work!

JAMMPRO, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

The issue you have is that most DVD players will only recognise a limited set of formats - you will need to convert the the slideshow, you have, to a suitable format and then burn the conversion to disk

The issue you have is most convertor/ Burn utilities will need the slideshow in a video format AVI, MOV Etc, if your software can do this once you have a video file you could try the open source DVD Flick software it's old but still works with Windows 10.

Check your actual slideshow software and see what output options you have if you have one for a video file format create this to a file on your computer then use DVDFlick to burn to Disk

EDIT

It would help if I read the details of your post *Redface MP4 is a video format so should will work as input to DVDFlick

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    I use DVDStyler to make DVDs that will play in a DVD player, it's a bit newer and still being supported. It's available as a Portable App (so no install required).
    https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...tyler_portable

Windows 10's built-in Photos app can create a slideshow video from the photos, which could then be used to make a video DVD.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/1...-create-videos

6. Skofab Win User
    Thanks Chaps

as always this forum is an invaluable mine of information.
    Special Thanks to BREE - recommended app DVDStyler did the job instantly, and with no fuss or complication.

I am very very grateful.
    Cheers

Skofab, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recommended DVD creator app - help needed. - Similar Threads - Recommended DVD creator

2. App recommendations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App recommendations.: Hi, I am trying to get a app outside of the microsoft store and i searched up how to do it and it keeps telling me to go on app & features and i dont see it. Can someone please help me change my app recommendations please....
  3. App recommendations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App recommendations.: Hi, I am trying to get a app outside of the microsoft store and i searched up how to do it and it keeps telling me to go on app & features and i dont see it. Can someone please help me change my app recommendations please....
  4. i need help with the "error " / "problem" windows security action recommended + app and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with the "error " / "problem" windows security action recommended + app and...: When I try to open the App and Browser option it shows that it opens for a second and then crashes and it bugs me and I want help with how do I activate it + How to fix the error I have from Windows Security...
  5. i need help with the "error " / "problem" windows security action recommended + app and...

i need help with the "error " / "problem" windows security action recommended + app and...: When I try to open the App and Browser option it shows that it opens for a second and then crashes and it bugs me and I want help with how do I activate it + How to fix the error I have from Windows Security...
  6. App Recommendations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Recommendations: I am trying to download zoom, my microsoft store isn't working, and when I go to change app recommendations, there is no 'Choose where to get apps' in my app settings. I am using Windows 11 and any help would be appreciated....
  7. App Recommendations

App Recommendations: I am trying to download zoom, my microsoft store isn't working, and when I go to change app recommendations, there is no 'Choose where to get apps' in my app settings. I am using Windows 11 and any help would be appreciated....
  8. Need help for Windows 10 creator update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help for Windows 10 creator update.: I am trying to download a batch of new features loaded Windows 10 creator update from my current version, 1607. Is there anyone here that can tell me how much is the estimated file size for downloading it. Because I am currently in no Wifi state, and need to download via my...
  9. Good dvd creator

Good dvd creator: I'm looking for an app that can create video dvds with maximum 10mb bitrate and supports the 1600kbps audio bitrate (i think is only LPCM). Also a good video converter with the same abilities. Also i want the apps to have the ability for video to be stretched at full screen...
  10. Need Mouse Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Mouse Recommendations: My long time MS mouse seems to be dying. I need a scrolling mouse not for everyday use. With that said I do want a wireless, high quality, high performance, comfortable mouse. My current one is a Microsoft Model 1058. Manufactured in 2007. Thank you in advance. 92600