Windows 10: Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

Discus and support Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, Just upgraded to Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CC268, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CC268 Win User

Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

Hey guys,

Just upgraded to Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel like the Windows program uninstaller doesn't do this (although correct me if I am wrong). I just want to keep this PC as clean as possible.

I have used IOBit Uninstaller before but had issues with it freezing on me during the uninstallation process. I hear that Revo is one of the best, but not sure I want to pay for it (although I will if it is worth it) - otherwise I may try the free version.

What are your guys' suggestions?

:)

CC268, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Uninstalling a program

Hi Kamsriva,

If we may ask, are you still experiencing the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Uninstalling a program

Hi,

For us to complete your desired task of uninstalling a program, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this Microsoft Support article:
    Repair or remove programs

Give it a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Edjay Rust, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

TairikuOkami, Aug 1, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    When uninstall programs, the uninstaller might leave behind a few tiny files or registry keys, mostly containing the settings. There is no reason to remove these files or put r computer at risk by using a 3rd party uninstall tool that has not been specifically engineered to uninstall these programs. If would like to get a force-uninstaller anyway, Revo Uninstaller Free is okay, but the two above are also worth a shot.

6. CC268 Win User
    Interesting...so you guys would recommend just using the Windows uninstaller then? Nothing else?

CC268, Aug 2, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    Pretty much. A 1 KB or even 1 MB file won't hurt the performance of r system.

8. CC268 Win User

Interested to hear what others have to say - not that I don't trust you!

Does anyone think Revo Pro is worth the money?

CC268, Aug 2, 2015
  9. SeaTrane Win User
    I like Your Uninstaller, it works well for me and it has different comfort levels of uninstall, depending on your skill level (geekness). It also has several useful tools for keeping your startups at a controllable level and cleaning unneeded files. Like any such programs, know what you are doing before you hit "ok".

SeaTrane, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Stobert Win User
    I've used Revo Uninstaller Pro for years, in 7, 8 and now 10. Never had an issue or problem.

Stobert, Aug 3, 2015
  11. kipper Win User
    kipper, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Krampetz Win User
    What about CCleaner's uninstall (labeled "Tools") ?

Bob K.

Krampetz, Aug 3, 2015
  13. gator2013 Win User

I have used REVO Pro for several years and think it's excellent. It is one of the few programs I will pay for. When installing new programs it has a trace function and it monitors and saves all the changes so if you uninstall the program via REVO it gets everything.

With some searching you will likely find some discount coupons for 20, 30, 40% off.

gator2013, Aug 3, 2015
  14. That is just a shortcut to Windows default uninstaller.

TairikuOkami, Aug 3, 2015
  15. I've used revo uninstaller with success. Especially when programs and features fails to remove a program that refuses to be uninstalled.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software? - Similar Threads - Recommended program uninstalling

2. UNinstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNinstall program: Cant uninstall my net bean 8.1 program screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-program/7bbd4db6-b375-4480-943b-c057b0192719
  3. Program Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Uninstall: Hello,I have installed a program, but as I was uninstalling it, it opened the app. Due to this, I used Ashampoo Uninstaller 12 to uninstall it. The app was uninstalled, but in the control panel's "uninstall a program" tab, the app was still showing. Image below :-...
  4. Program software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program software: My computer is not connected to the internet. How do I install the program software on it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-software/eb420e1f-fcc3-431b-bb71-febffaba127a
  5. Program will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program will not uninstall: I have found the program Carbonite (a cloud backup app) really slows down my computer. Yet when I attempt to uninstall it, nothing happens. I have tried the uninstall in settings as well as control panel. The program is occupying disc space yet I cannot open it. I am...
  6. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...
  7. Program Uninstall

Program Uninstall: I replaced my Windows 7 with 10. I then had to upgrade my version of Quicken because it was not compatible. I tried downloading it but it will not allow me to. It says I have to uninstall the old version. It is not in my programs. Help....
  8. Uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall a program: How do I delete an old printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program/290ecc1f-4d57-4907-8150-c5a1c625f4bf
  9. Uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall a program: I can not uninstall a program in windows 10. Could you guide me to resolve my issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program/c595b35f-0a35-4b74-86a2-cadb2f27d253"
  10. Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program"

Can't Uninstall software (ESET) from "Uninstall a program": Hi everyone I want to update my eset nod but i can't uninstall the previous version of this program. when i want to change or remove this program, windows 10 show Windows Installer alert: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to...