Windows 10: Recommended Security and Compatability Settings in IE11

Discus and support Recommended Security and Compatability Settings in IE11 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently encountered a problem and had to re-set IE11. I now keep getting the message below so, the question is do I click "Use Recommended Settings"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Judesman, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Judesman Win User

Recommended Security and Compatability Settings in IE11

I recently encountered a problem and had to re-set IE11. I now keep getting the message below so, the question is do I click "Use Recommended Settings" or do I click "Don't use Recommended Settings"? The point is that I have Norton Antivirus and I do not want this to clash with Defender.

Recommended Security and Compatability Settings in IE11 [​IMG]

:)

Judesman, Nov 14, 2017
  2. Casey_875 Win User

W10 + IE11 + Norton + Defender

Hi,

I got a new computer with W10 last year. However, my Norton Internet Security had problems running daily virus checks. After some asking around, I was told that Norton was not yet compatible with Edge. I switched to IE11 and everything has been/is working
    fine.

About 10 days ago, I suddenly started getting pop-ups from Defender asking if I want to run Defender Smartscreen on IE11, and it also wanted to change the recommended security and corruptibility settings.

Can I run Defender for IE11 without running into problems with Norton. I know over the years I've read many statements that said you can't run two different anti-virus programs at the same time. Or, in this case, does Defender only concern itself with
    IE11 and won't cause any issues with Norton.

Thanks for any help.

Casey_875, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Keeper42 Win User
    Security and Compatability Question with Latest Update and Setup for IE11

Just got the latest update (KB4016871 (OS Build 15063.296 and 15063.297)
    I think.

When I open IE11 I get asked to elect to "Use recommended security and compatibility settings"
    which use Windows Defender SmartScreen to protect from malicious websites etc. by sending some web addresses to Microsoft to be checked.

I currently use Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) and they are constantly doing the same thing.

Are these recommended "Windows Defender" products compatible with KIS?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Keeper42, Nov 14, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Check Use Recommended...unless you want to modify IE security/compatibility settings.

Will not effect Norton/Defender.

torre, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks, it was the Norton/Defender link that concerned me.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recommended Security and Compatability Settings in IE11 - Similar Threads - Recommended Security Compatability

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. Windows Security - Actions recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  4. PC Security Recommendation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Security Recommendation: A few security questions: 1. If I password protect a Word document can a hacker get to it?2. Can a hacker get to my computer when it's in sleep mode? 3. Do I need a "third party" password protection program or what do you recommend as "acceptable" security for my pc? I have a...
  5. PC Security Recommendation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Security Recommendation: A few security questions: 1. If I password protect a Word document can a hacker get to it?2. Can a hacker get to my computer when it's in sleep mode? 3. Do I need a "third party" password protection program or what do you recommend as "acceptable" security for my pc? I have a...
  6. Internet Security Recommendation

Internet Security Recommendation: I have been using Norton Internet Security 360. 1. I have asked ITs and technicians about what I use, non seem to recommend Norton 360. What would any of you recommend, with price in consideration? I have a desktop and a laptop I really need to protect. 2. We have two MacBook...
  7. Firewall recommended settings

Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  8. A strong security suggestion/recommendation

A strong security suggestion/recommendation: [ATTACH] For anyone who has not done this, already, you are, certainly, urged to do it. > Settings > Windows Security > App & browser control ... scroll down to Isolated browsing Click on Install Windows Defender Application Guard. In the resulting dialogue window scroll...
  9. Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set IE11 as Default Browser in Settings: I'm not even close to being ready for MS Edge. Problem is I can't set IE11 as the default in settings because it is not an option when I click on Web Browser in Settings. For what it's worth, Edge isn't listed either. Links in MS Outlook revert to Edge 45999
  10. IE11 script error (compatibility issue)

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 script error (compatibility issue): So I just upgraded my work computer to windows 10. Previously I had windows 8.1 with IE11 and even though I initially had compatibility issues with my work's website, I had it working via compatibility mode. Now though, it barely works. I can load it and log on, but whenever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop using recommended security and compatibility settings ie 11

2. recommended security and compatability settings in ie11

3. show recommended settings ie

4. recommended security and compatibility settings ie11