Windows 10: Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions

Discus and support Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone have a link to what files and folders should be excluded for our antivirus software (McAfee)? I've tried googling but can't find anything... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nguyepe, Mar 21, 2016.

1. nguyepe Win User

Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions

Does anyone have a link to what files and folders should be excluded for our antivirus software (McAfee)? I've tried googling but can't find anything for Windows 10

:)

nguyepe, Mar 21, 2016

2. windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 21, 2016
  3. bhringer Win User
    bhringer, Mar 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

A/V, Computer software is written to exclude certain folders. These programs are to protect the OS from user bad habits.

bro67, Mar 21, 2016
  5. nguyepe Win User
    McAfee doesn't and you have to specify. We're seeing errors with SCCM and it's related to certain folders not being excluded.

nguyepe, Mar 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Actually it does have a set of System folders and files already programmed into it, that it does not check, unless you specify a deep check, if you think that you are infected with a Rootkit.

you will find out that McAfee loves to take over 10 and lock it up for about 5-10 minutes. Most of us are just using Windows Defender, until Microsoft quits making changes every month with the OS.

bro67, Mar 21, 2016
  7. McAfee should be excluded. It's an awful AV package, to be completely honest. Anyway, why would you want to exclude anything from being scanned?

DeaconFrost, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions

Hello nguyepe Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I think what would be the most help here regardless of the av software in use while I have similar opinions about that software from past experience would be to share a bit more detail information about the errors you are seeing. Often a software glitch may be the reason for why any av program would suddenly point to cetain select files and folders unless some type of malware is on the system and had effect on those being named. The bug may have tried or succeeded in recoding some of them.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions - Similar Threads - Recommended Antivirus exclusions

2. Recommended Exclusions of UWF for Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended Exclusions of UWF for Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH to work?: Hi, SupportI try to setup Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH on a Win10 with UWF enabled.Where is the Fingerprint data is stored and what is the recommended exclusions for Fingerprint AUTH to work with...
  3. Recommended Exclusions of UWF for Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended Exclusions of UWF for Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH to work?: Hi, SupportI try to setup Windows Hello Fingerprint AUTH on a Win10 with UWF enabled.Where is the Fingerprint data is stored and what is the recommended exclusions for Fingerprint AUTH to work with...
  4. OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions: Hi, is there any way to tell OneDrive to stop scanning a given file, a given folder or a given file type for virus ? I have some basic text files .md ,txt that contains code examples that are flagged as virus. I tried to zip the file, stripping the file extension, etc,...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions: Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus-exclusions/5c2689fd-4ea4-415b-aac9-9203aff44bcc
  6. Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.

Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.: I go to Windows Security/Virus and threat protection/manage settings/Exclusions I hit add exclusion, select the folder I want to exclude then hit ok. It then makes me grant admin rights and then nothing happens I am the only account and it is admin. There is nothing on the...
  7. What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?: What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-antivirus-does-microsoft-recommend-for/6cc20854-09a1-48b8-a8be-3f81166ffc50
  8. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  9. What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What antivirus I recommend to be the best for Windows 10 Home: Hello, I installed Windows 10 Home and please let me know what antivirus I recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. I mention that I have checked AV-Test and AV-Comparatives and the antivirus that is embedded with Windows 10 Home,...
  10. Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10

Recommended malware and antivirus software for windows 10: Hi, Just joined the forum and I look forward to sharing and contributing while seeking advice and help from members. I found a file on a partition on the disk drive that refers to MPSigStub. The properties do not show that it is a MS file. It says it is a Network Service...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 antivirus exclusions

2. windows 10 antivirus exclusion list

3. windows 10 anti virus exclusions

4. exclusions on mcafee windows 10,
  5. microsoft recommended antivirus exclusions for windows 10,
  6. Recommended Antivirus Exclusions for Windows,
  7. mcafee antivirus windows 10 exclusions,
  8. windows update antivirus exclusions,
  9. windows defender recommended exclusions for windows 10,
  10. windows 10 antivirus exclusions developer,
  11. widnows 10 recommended exclusions,