Windows 10: Recommended Windows 10 email client

Discus and support Recommended Windows 10 email client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for any recommendations for a mail client to run under Windows 10. I recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 10 Pro which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by albert1, Feb 27, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

Recommended Windows 10 email client

Hello,

I'm looking for any recommendations for a mail client to run under Windows 10.

I recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 10 Pro which doesn't include an email client similar to "Windows Mail" or Outlook where I was able to create various folders to direct mail to. I would save mail to specific folders through Windows Mail rules. Mail such as from forums, news, users groups, online registrations, tech support, sales receipts, online auctions, etc. I would store all this information to a "Store" folder, which I would then archive so to have access to all the saved information.

Currently all my e-mail accounts information has been saved to iaf files from Windows Mail. I also have a Windows Mail store folder, that I would like to have access to or be able to import into a mail client.

I've tried using Window 10 Mail but it's not working out very well as there's no message rules, redirecting junk mail, retrieving mail items accidentally deleted, etc.

I currently have Mozilla Thunderbird installed and wondering about any other recommendations for e-mail clients similar to Windows Mail and Outlook, which I may end up purchasing.

Thunderbird is similar to Windows Mail however I'm not able to change the font size via it's display settings, so the fonts are too small to become legible. This has become a problem after upgrading to a 1920 x 1080p monitor. Many applications now there fonts are to small to read the apps menus and data. Application often don't allow one to change the apps fonts and size.

I'm uncertain if Windows "Windows Mail" client can be installed under Windows 10? Then there is Outlook and Outlook express. How well do these mail clients work under Windows 10?

I don't want and never have used online (web) mail clients and have been running Windows since Windows 1.x.

:)

albert1, Feb 27, 2018

2. can anyone recommend an email client?

I currently use nokia messaging and am a big fan of it, but i don't like it sucking memory. So i'm on the lookout for a different client. I've used profimail and don't like it very much so can anyone please suggest anymore? Or failing that, how do you
    clear the stored data from NM on the C?

richwhite---01, Feb 27, 2018
  3. can anyone recommend an email client?

Thanks, i started using Emoze last night and i like it, very well integrated.

The only problem i'm having is that when i compose an email, there doesn't seem to be a way of writing an email address besides the physical keyboard (using n97), if i tap the screen to open the dialog box to type an email address nothing happens. Is this
    normal or is there another way of doing it?

richwhite---01, Feb 27, 2018
  4. kipper Win User

You might take a look at eM Client.........free for up to two email accounts.....

I used it years ago and dropped it. However, decided to give it another try since it was upgraded to the current version and I am finding it a very decent email client....

kipper, Feb 27, 2018
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    Agree, Kipper. I tried Mail and Calendar from MS, Thunderbird by Mozilla and ended up with eMClient free. I just have one email account on it at present, but as you indicated , up to 2 accounts are free. I have used it for over a year now and really find it satisfies my needs and my "geek" level. I don't need a highly sophisticated app and I find it really easy to use - plus it automatically backs up settings which is a nice added feature.

JohnBurns, Feb 27, 2018
  6. albert1 Win User
    I have more than two e-mail accounts that I regularly use and currently have four under Window 10 mail. Some of which I created to remain anonymous. I've been computing more than 35 years. My first online account was back in the early 80s using a 150 baud modem before there was a WWW. The first PC I owned had 64k memory and a 4Mhz cpu. However things weren't inexpensive, the cost of a new PC would run from around $1500-$1800 to over $3000 and a new 5MB hard drive approx. $1500.00

albert1, Feb 28, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Berton, Feb 28, 2018
  8. Win10Pro Win User

Hi Albert,
    in order to change the font size all you have to do is to press and hold Ctrl key and move the wheel on your mouse or in case you only use touchpad press the "+" / "-" sign on the numeric keyboard.

I was VERY disappointed with eM Client because sometimes it just wasn't able to connect to my mail server so after a few days I removed it from my disc as I found it completely unreliable.

Win10Pro, Mar 2, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, try an add-on - it works for me- just tried it for you.

Theme and Font Size Changer (just search in Tbird add-ons). One setting changes the size for the whole Tbird GUI.

Recommended Windows 10 email client [​IMG]

Recommended Windows 10 email client [​IMG]

If that's not enough, well you could try
    OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement
    - never tried it myself.

Forget trying to resurrect Windows Mail.

dalchina, Mar 5, 2018
  10. albert1 Win User
    I installed the Theme Font and Size Changer on Firefox 58.0.2

When I click on it icon I'm shown a message

Theme Color

Theme Background Color
    Theme Text Color

Your Attention Needed Please!

Because of the new extension system on Firefox, most of the functionality of the Theme Font & Size Changer is not available any more. You can read more about this new system here.

I ended up purchasing a copy of MS Office 2007 that comes with Outlook 2007, though there's no official support it and Office 2007 runs under Windows 10. I'm very familure with Outlook as I've own copies that I can remember Outlook 97 and possibly earlier versions for Dos and Widows 3.x. I first started using computers back in 81 with CP/M and DOS and can't remember all the applications versions anymore. I also use to own and run a couple of OS/2 32-bit muilt-tasking machines which was actually ahead of MS Windows 16-bit for a while. OS/2 development some of which MS was involved with helped pioneer a 32-bit preemptive multitasking OS.

albert1, Mar 6, 2018
  11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you were asking about Thunderbird- I installed that extension on Thunderbird 52.5 (not Firefox!) successfully.

dalchina, Mar 6, 2018
  12. Ste999 Win User
    Hello.

I was in your same situation.

I've been always using Outlook Express and then Windows Mail until Windows 10: after a system update unfortunately I was not able to use use Windows Mail anymore.

Luckily I had previously downloaded OE CLASSIC and imported all my previous emails and contacts from Windows Mail.
    I think OE CLASSIC is a perfect replacement for OE and WM and I've bought the paid version, which has more features, as I was glad I found this email client after long searches on the web.

Ste999, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recommended Windows 10 email client - Similar Threads - Recommended email client

2. Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!: Cheerful Greetings!For the past few months, half my emails are coming in with full headings but not the actual message. How odd is it that some emails come through just peachy but many don't? This isn't just my Windows 10 email program/account... my 90 yr. old mother has same...
  3. Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!: Cheerful Greetings!For the past few months, half my emails are coming in with full headings but not the actual message. How odd is it that some emails come through just peachy but many don't? This isn't just my Windows 10 email program/account... my 90 yr. old mother has same...
  4. Recommendations for e-mail client software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for e-mail client software: Hello, I am looking for an e-mail client software. I am sick of problems with the built-in windows one that I have been using for 3 years and I want to use a third party reliable one that I don't have to troubleshoot every two months. I have installed and tried eM Client for...
  5. Windows Email Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Email Client: I use Outlook for my email client and have done so without a problem for twelve years. A few days ago I decided to also open a Windows email client and that is when my problem started. Once I did this all my Outlook folders where I store important emails disappeared and...
  6. Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c

Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c: I have tried to configure a plusnet email account on Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows 10 but it cannot find the email settings so I have been unsuccessful .Any ideas? Plusnet were unable to help. Many thanks if you can help....
  7. Email client for Windows 10 LTSB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email client for Windows 10 LTSB: I have a PC with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Can I install Outlook or another email client on this version of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-client-for-windows-10-ltsb/55109904-7af3-42ce-b2c1-cd3491e292ed
  8. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...
  9. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  10. windows 10 email client

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 email client: Hi, I just got a new computer with windows 10 and set up the email client. I cannot find an option that makes the client actaully download email from the email server (verizon). Is there such an option in Windows 10? If not, is there another mail client available to use?...