Windows 10: Reconnect your drive notification.

Discus and support Reconnect your drive notification. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What exactly does this mean and which files are being saved/copied. Can they be deleted if they are copies, and where are they stored. This may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Johannes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Johannes Win User

Reconnect your drive notification.

What exactly does this mean and which files are being saved/copied.
    Can they be deleted if they are copies, and where are they stored.

This may seem a dumb question, but I would not ask if I could find the solution myself.

Reconnect your drive notification. [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, Apr 4, 2016

2. Notifications - Reconnect your drive & Problem with shortcut

Hi,

To help you resolve the issue regarding the notification that you are getting about reconnecting your drive, please check out the suggested resolution below.

Issue #1

There might be another drive that has been added into your Windows 10 computer. To check, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key.

2. Type Settings.

3. Click Settings.

4. Click Update and Security.

5. Click Backup.

6. Under Back up using File History, you may see the drive which is connected and is currently having an issue.

Issue#2

This issue may occur if there had been changes in the disk drive settings.

Use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

1. Press the Windows key.

2. Type Troubleshooting.

3. Click Troubleshooting.

3. Click View All.

4. Click Hardware and Devices.

5. Click Next and follow the instructions to run the tool.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 4, 2016
  3. TJ-Aka Win User
    Notifications - Reconnect your drive & Problem with shortcut

I would greatly appreciate any help to resolve these issues Reconnect your drive notification. :)

Currently having two issues.

Issue #1

This is on a windows 10 computer

I am getting this notification…

Reconnect your drive

Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your file history drive and run a back up.

When I search this issue, it tells me to re-connect the drive I have been saving to. I have not been backing up so there is no optional drive connected, so I am confused...

Issue # 2

I have a desktop folder on the same windows 10 computer that I can no longer access. It worked fine up until yesterday. Here's what I get when I try to open the shortcut on the computer:

Problem with Shortcut

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CONSTRUCTION.QUOTES.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.

Also this has not been saved to a disc or network resource so I am confused as to why I am getting this message.

Thanks

TJ-Aka, Apr 4, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Go to Settings, All Settings, Update & Security, Backup, Options.

There you will see where to and what Windows' File History is trying to backup for you.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Johannes Win User
    One more question, does the backup only move/add the new files that were made? or also the previous existing files.

Johannes, Apr 5, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

As its name suggests it makes copies of the files you create and keeps the previous ones made from the point in time you started using this option.
    IOW, you can revert to a previous version of a file you created. That of course only works for the options you selected.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reconnect your drive notification. - Similar Threads - Reconnect drive notification

2. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  3. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  4. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. reconnect your drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reconnect your drive: I received a notice to "reconnect your drive. Your file drive was disconnected for too long" How to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnect-your-drive/5b274d27-d5b9-49c3-9ef0-7c33c6e8fe03"
  6. Reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reconnect your drive?: I keep getting Reconnect your drive. And it says Your files drive will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a back-up. And no drive hase been connected or disconnected. This has only been happening since I did a Fresh...
  7. Reconnect your drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reconnect your drive: Once again I haveno idea what this means. I ah this problem which I forgot about, just came back now. Please help. Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/reconnect-your-drive/63cbc7dd-290b-4a6d-94da-d61423ef4dbe"
  8. File History - reconnect your drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History - reconnect your drive?: [img] 82331
  9. "Reconnect your Drive" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Reconnect your Drive" message: [img] Every couple of days I get the above pop-up message on my acreen. I have been ignoring it but I would like to know what causes it and how I can stop it happening. Please help me fix this permanently ..*Redface 62385
  10. Notification: Reconnect your drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notification: Reconnect your drive: I got this message when I turned on my computer a few minutes ago: "Reconnect your drive. Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your file history and run a backup...also another message that says Windows Defender needs to scan your...