Windows 10: Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

Discus and support Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 How to Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by darren, Jul 28, 2015.

1. darren Win User

Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

How to: Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

How to Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact.

photograph or a video. This lets you share the experience with others by allowing them to see the holograms as you see them. Such videos and photos are from a first-person point of view.

Mixed reality capture videos are recorded with 1408x792px (HoloLens) or 1632x918px (Immersive headsets) resolution and 48kHz Stereo, and saved as a .mp4 file to your Camera Roll folder (C:\Users\<username>\Pictures\Camera Roll).

Videos have a maximum length of five minutes.

This tutorial will show you how to record video while in Windows Mixed Reality using an immersive headset in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality from Start Menu
    • Option Two: Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality using Cortana

OPTION ONE [/i] Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality from Start Menu
    1. While using the Mixed Reality Portal app for mixed reality, press the Windows *Start button on your motion controller. (see screenshot below)

Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Select the Video icon on the Start menu. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see the Select to start recording and Press *Start and tap select when you are done instructions. (see screenshots below)

4. When you are ready to start recording your video, press the trigger on your motion controller. (see screenshot below)

5. You will now see a 3 > 2 > 1 countdown before recording starts. (see screenshots below)

6. When you are ready to stop recording your video, press the Windows *Start button and trigger together on your motion controller. (see screenshot below)

7. A stop recording icon will now appear indicating recording has now stopped. (see screenshot below)

8. The recorded video will now show. It will automatically close in a few moments. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality using Cortana

*note This option requires having speech recognition turn on in Windows Mixed Reality.
    1. While using the Mixed Reality Portal app for mixed reality, look at what you want to record.

2. When ready to start recording your video, say Hey Cortana, start recording video.

3. You will now see Cortana listening and performing your speech command. (see screenshots below)

4. You will now see a 3 > 2 > 1 countdown before recording starts. (see screenshots below)

5. When you are ready to stop recording your video, say Hey Cortana, stop recording.

6. You will now see Cortana listening and performing your speech command. (see screenshots below)

7. A stop recording icon will now appear indicating recording has now stopped. (see screenshot below)

8. The recorded video will now show. It will automatically close in a few moments. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

darren, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  3. BlueSoliel Bluetooth not working with windows mixed reality.

Hi Shuken,

Software incompatibility and outdated driver are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using the Bluetooth feature of your Windows 10. To provide an accurate solution, I would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your PC?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • Were you able to use the Bluetooth software before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    Jay_Ca
    in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to address
    Bluetooth issues in Windows 10 device.

Visit these links for further help and information about Mixed Reality:

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

Windows Mixed Reality Issues

Hi AlienJr.,

I suggest that you check the Windows Mixed Reality: Enthusiast's Guide
    on this link to get more information about other troubleshooting steps you can perform. I recommend that
    you check the section Mixed Reality headset displays since most of the symptoms you
    described fall under it.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Oct 27, 2019
  5. lenovo Mixed reality controllers

Hello Bill,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer?

Upon researching, it was stated in this article that KB4284848 "Addresses a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality on some laptops with hybrid graphics adapters, such as Surface Book 2".
    If you're using a laptop that supports hybrid graphics adapters, then its advisable to install the said KB update.

In addition, here are some articles that may help you troubleshoot your Mixed Reality Controllers:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 27, 2019
  6. windows mixed reality

Hi,

Yes, you're correct. The Windows Mixed Reality simulator allows you to test mixed reality apps on your PC even if you don't have an immersive headset. If you are experiencing issues with turning on simulation, maybe you haven't set it up yet. Follow the
    steps below on how to get started with the Windows Mixed Reality simulator:

• Click on Get started.
    • Click on I agree to accept the agreement.
    • To proceed through setup, click on Set up for simulation (for developers).
    • Click on Set up to confirm your choice.

Once you have set that up, click on the For developers button on the left side of the Mixed Reality Portal, and you should now be able to turn the Simulation toggle switch to
    On.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Record Video in Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Record Video Mixed

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. windows mix reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  5. windows mix reality

windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  6. How to record Video in Windows Mixed Reality on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to record Video in Windows Mixed Reality on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Microsoft touts Mixed Reality as the next wave in computing followed by mainframes, PCs, and smartphones. Consumers and businesses alike are adopting Mixed reality, which breaks users’ limitations to screen-bound experiences, by offering instinctual interactions with...
  7. windows mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality: Nvidia mx150 is supported for windows mixed reality but mx250 isn't why? need help at this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality/b69248fb-657c-4515-9425-2fb71d300996
  8. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  9. Window 10 mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 mixed reality: are you able to play Forza horizon 3 on windows mixed reality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-mixed-reality/f43e8b34-48a5-45c2-a7d4-64c4c048bcca
  10. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da