Windows 10: Recording audio issues

Discus and support Recording audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've had some audio equipment for a few months and I'd like to try vocals over some stuff but can't seem to get windows to recognize any microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FeederCity1, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Recording audio issues

So I've had some audio equipment for a few months and I'd like to try vocals over some stuff but can't seem to get windows to recognize any microphone I use. The only time I can get any input from the microphones is when I listen to them through my headphones. I don't understand what could be causing the issue. I'm running out of ideas as possible fixes and need some new suggestions. What can I do to fix my audio input devices?

:)

FeederCity1, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Audio Recording Issues

Hi,

Allow us to verify some details so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Was there a particular error message every time the recording is paused?
    • Have you tried running the Recording Audio troubleshooter to check if it would help?
    If you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Troubleshooting, hit Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Recording Audio and then click
      Next
    We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Recording audio issues

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Recording audio issues

1. Recording audio issues - Similar Threads - Recording audio issues

2. Window 10 Recording audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Recording audio issue: So i have had my Asus TUF Laptop for awhile now, decided to use my headphone mic instead of the built-in one my laptop has and for some reason whenever i shout or speak loudly my microphone volume just automatically decrease on it's ownfrom 100-60, i've tried unticking "allow...
  3. Window 10 Recording audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Recording audio issue: So i have had my Asus TUF Laptop for awhile now, decided to use my headphone mic instead of the built-in one my laptop has and for some reason whenever i shout or speak loudly my microphone volume just automatically decrease on it's ownfrom 100-60, i've tried unticking "allow...
  4. Window 10 Recording audio issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio recording

Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  6. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  7. Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows game bar Audio recording issues.: Good morning, I have been recently using the 'Record last 30 seconds' function in the game bar more frequently and have noticed that it does not record my audio. I have worked out how to activate my microphone so it does work Windows + Alt + M, however after capturing just...
  8. Audio Issues from the Recorded Videos

Audio Issues from the Recorded Videos: I have the recorded videos with no audio. I did not do anything wrong with the audio settings. I already have Stereo Mix enabled, and I already have v6.0.8899.1 of Realtek High Definition Audio, so something weird went wrong with the audio. Please check them....
  9. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...
  10. audio recordings

audio recordings: I want to make an audio recording, and make a copy on a memory stick to send by mail to a friend to play on a laptop or pc How please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recordings/9c68afc0-a4a6-4abc-9617-1b215e7a0326