Windows 10: Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

Discus and support Recording Phone Conversation To PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need the help of the computing experts on here! I want to make a phone call using my home phone and then record it so I can listen to it later.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

I need the help of the computing experts on here!

I want to make a phone call using my home phone and then record it so I can listen to it later.

I thought the best way to do this would be by using my PC.

How can this be done?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017

2. 6220 Classic - record conversation

Is there a simple way to record a phone conversation?

The only way I can find is > Menu > Applications > Recorder, but that isn't much help if the phone rings and you need to record the conversation.

There are no instructions in the manual.

On my old 7650 there was a button on the side you pressed during the conversation.

billydean---01, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    record phone conversation

Hi Allan,

This call recording feature is only available on Windows phones that come with Windows 10 Mobile already installed. It's not yet available on Windows phones that are upgraded to Windows 10 mobile.

We suggest you checking this article on how to record a phone call in Windows 10 mobile.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

I forgot to say:

During a call I'd like to record both my own voice and the other person's voice as well.

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I am not sure we can advise here as that is an illegal act in many countries, unless a law enforcement representative. It is permitted in UK PROVIDED you make it clear to the other person up front that you are recording this call and why.

cereberus, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Thanks, but I'm not doing anything illegal.

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Use speaker phone and a recording app.

Edwin, Jul 11, 2017
  8. Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

Thank you!

Is there a built-in app or feature in Windows 10 Pro that can do this?

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Yes, 'Voice Recorder'
    (it'll be an open air recording, so you need a mic and speakers; I use 'voice notes' with a smart phone)

Edwin, Jul 11, 2017
  10. Thank you!

I just opened and created a test recording using the "Voice Recorder" app and it worked.

Is it possible for me to see that the recording is taking place while it's being recorded just so that I can be certain the recording is being created?

I'm worried about this happening:
    I'm thinking that I'm recording a conversation, but in reality a recording isn't being created and when I end a conversation there's no recording for me to listen to...

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    I suppose...,

Monitor the time lapse in Voice Recorder, monitor your mic input, monitor the 'autosave' process in the folder.

Recording Phone Conversation To PC? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 11, 2017
  12. That is what I would suggest and it is legal in The US as long as one of the parties knows that it is being recorded and since you are one of them it is OK. It would be illegal to say record your say room mates calls.

Josey Wales, Jul 11, 2017
  13. Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

Wow, your help is much appreciated!

I just tried creating multiple audio recordings using the "Voice Recorder" app to test if I can see the file size of the recording to be growing while I'm creating an audio file, but the file size seems to increase and then stop increasing...?

I'm thinking of using a 3rd party app while at the same time also using the Windows built-in "Voice Recorder" app so that I've got a "backup" in case one of the recording apps don't work.

NiceAndShy, Jul 11, 2017
  14. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Jul 12, 2017
  15. Sualdam Win User
    Sualdam, Jul 13, 2017
Thema:

Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

1. Recording Phone Conversation To PC? - Similar Threads - Recording Phone Conversation

2. Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation?: Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-phone-link-be-used-to-record-a-phone/b626fa4b-a149-4c93-a0e5-8005f05f8c71
  3. Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation?: Can Windows Phone Link be used to record a phone conversation? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-phone-link-be-used-to-record-a-phone/b626fa4b-a149-4c93-a0e5-8005f05f8c71
  4. Audio record on phone devices can't hear but on pc i can

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio record on phone devices can't hear but on pc i can: I have laptop that when i record an audio from it i can hear the audio on the laptop and other pc but when i try to hear it on any phone device i can't hear it I also tried to plug in another microphone it didn't help Does anyone know why and how can I fix it? Edit: I tried...
  5. Conversations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Conversations: I have a Windows10 phone. Need to back up the conversations folder. So I can save it on he Pc or in the Microsoft cloud. This folder has the threads of all my text messages. How do I do this?...
  6. Conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Conversion: please convert the following java programming code to python 3 code Problem: Write an inheritance hierarchy for class Quadrilateral, Trapezoid, Parallelogram, Rectangle and Square. Use Quadrilateral as the base class of the hierarchy. Make the hierarchy as deep i.e., as...
  7. Is there a way to record pc screen using phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to record pc screen using phone?: While recording on pc i get huge lag is there a way to record pc screen while using phone cpu? submitted by /u/ImJustASimpleMan- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev6q0k/is_there_a_way_to_record_pc_screen_using_phone/
  8. conversion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    conversion: Using a JVC video camera with a SanDisk "extreme pro" SD card That I format in the camera I end up with a "MOV" file that states "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." The camera...
  9. PC recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC recording: After upgrade to 1903 the 'What U Hear' function allowing PC recording directly from the sound card has stopped working. I have a Sound Blaster Z internal sound card. I have tried 4 different programs for recording and none can access the sound card....
  10. Revolve is upcoming 'conversation starter' app for Windows Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Revolve is upcoming 'conversation starter' app for Windows Phone: [img] Microsoft is internally developing a new Windows Phone app called Revolve. According to the description on its store page, the app is being made to help people start conversations with others in a more meaningful way by delivering information about those they are...