Windows 10: Recording sound from PC

Discus and support Recording sound from PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to achieve the ability to record sound from my PC in mp3 format. I plan to just use an aux cable from headphone socket into the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Recording sound from PC

I wanted to achieve the ability to record sound from my PC in mp3 format. I plan to just use an aux cable from headphone socket into the microphone socket to achieve this. But wondered on the suitable software to use. If I remember rightly sound recording software does not come natively to Windows anymore. However, I noticed in the store there is an app called Windows Voice Recorder. Will this achieve what I want if use the aux cable and save the recordings in the requisite MP3 format (or if not what format does it save them in?)

apologies as as I know this is something I could check myself but I have no access to my home machine for a couple of days. I could be wrong on no sound / voice recorder being natively installed. I can't say I ever noticed if it is pre installed on Windows 10

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2016
  2. JayBD Win User

Record audio sound from PC on PC with Windows 10

How to record audio sound from PC on PC with Windows 10

JayBD, Jul 5, 2016
  3. DennyDow Win User
    Upload sound recording to pc

I recorded a long sound file (half a GB) on my Windows 8 phone with an app called Mini Recorder. I can't see this sound file in Explorer when I connect my Lumia 521 by USB cable to my PC. I need to locate and transfer this sound recording from my phone to
    my PC. How can this be done?

Thanks,

Denny Dow

DennyDow, Jul 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Recording sound from PC

If you want to record sounds that your PC is generating then surely you must already have the digital media and can just convert it to mp3 format with an audio converter.

If you are trying to record sound broadcast over the internet then you need to be aware that it is in breach of the copyright laws for which rule 4 of this forum applies.

philc43, Jul 5, 2016
  5. I have a load of old video files from my uncle's old rock band - the video quality is garbage, sound isn't too bad though so we want to extract just the sound and kind of formulate some tracks. Maybe even put them on our iPhones. So I figured, play the video file in WMP and then use sound recorder or voice recorder whimst using aux cable from headphone socket to mic socket was easiest to do. Output file as m4a or MP3 is preferable. I guess the first thing to found out is does Windows voice recorder come natively installed?

thanks, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2016
  6. I dont see voice recording in windows anymore (not on my system anyway)

If this was me I would use something like VLC player to do this
    You can add all video files into a queue and tell it to convert all into MP3
    Just tested it and its fast and worked without issues

paulsalter, Jul 5, 2016
  7. Wow, that's great thanks. I didn't realise VLC could do that!

Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Recording sound from PC

Windows Voice Recorder is a Store app and can be downloaded. However, as Paul and I said, if you have the file it can be converted digitally.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recording sound from PC

1. Recording sound from PC - Similar Threads - Recording sound

2. Windows sound recorder does not record well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  3. Windows sound recorder does not record well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  4. Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...: Good day! I recently recorded a lecture class using the snipping tool for videos. I used the same screen recording method on a recent class and it worked well. However, this time, no audio was recorded throughout the whole video. What could be the reason for this in order for...
  5. Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...

Why does my snipping tool recorded video have no sound? Can I still recover the said...: Good day! I recently recorded a lecture class using the snipping tool for videos. I used the same screen recording method on a recent class and it worked well. However, this time, no audio was recorded throughout the whole video. What could be the reason for this in order for...
  6. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  7. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  8. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  10. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....