Windows 10: Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

Discus and support Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short, while trying to troubleshoot a lousy 1.5TB WD drive I had accidentally deleted and recreated the partition on a different USB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

Long story short, while trying to troubleshoot a lousy 1.5TB WD drive I had accidentally deleted and recreated the partition on a different USB drive without noticing. All the partition recovery softwares' instructions don't seem to mention this scenario, so I'm not entirely sure if they would help.

What are my options? I don't have a spare drive to restore to (thanks to WD refusing to admit their negligence). The drive was only using 350GB of 900gb, but it has been filled and erased several times without defragmenting. I have it unplugged now.

It's not entirely a disaster; aside from my (dubiously obtained) movie collection there's nothing really that I need and can't redownload or have on my SSD. Just be nice if there was a quick fix.

:)

FuturDreamz, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Husfik Win User

Recovery partition in Win 8.1 after upgrade to Win 10.0

Hi,

When you delete recovery partiton,How can you create a new recovery partiton includes Windows 10 install files?

Husfik, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Husfik Win User
    Recovery partition in Win 8.1 after upgrade to Win 10.0

But i want the recovery partiton to create on its original hidden place in HDD.I mean i upgraded my win8 to win10.And my pc still includes old win8 recovery partiton builded by producer.When i need to recover my win10,it should be recovered to win 10 again.I
    guess i must change my old recovery files with a new ones include win10 install files.How?

In advance thanks for your helps.

Husfik, Dec 18, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

CountMike, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Will that work when I don't have a spare drive to recover to?

FuturDreamz, Dec 20, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    It should just return partition to previous state.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

1. Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one? - Similar Threads - Recover data deleting

2. How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?: On Thursday 26 Jan 2023 around 2 AM i left my laptop on right after i was looking for a cracked software for graphic designing etc . This time i was using a USB mass Storage external HDD. i woke up the next day and it wasnt connected and connecting for some reason . i checked...
  3. How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?: On Thursday 26 Jan 2023 around 2 AM i left my laptop on right after i was looking for a cracked software for graphic designing etc . This time i was using a USB mass Storage external HDD. i woke up the next day and it wasnt connected and connecting for some reason . i checked...
  4. How do i recover Data from a removable disk with no partiton ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one: While helping in another thread this computer had a recent Windows update of version 10 1909. The OS build is now 18363.720. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management (the problem may have existed before the windows update) When reagentc /info...
  6. Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one

in Windows 10 Support
    Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one: While helping in another thread this computer had a recent Windows update of version 10 1909. The OS build is now 18363.720. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management (the problem may have existed before the windows update) When reagentc /info...
  7. Delete old administrator and create new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...
  8. Delete existing profile and create a new one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete existing profile and create a new one: i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create my own?...
  9. An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An attempt to create a Recovery partition on z partiton on the /d: trashed all the data on...: It started as an interesting observation: a recovery partiton is neatly located on disk 0, partition 3. So if something would happen to the disk, the whole thing would be lost, while the recovery now is neatly allocated itself 450 mb on /c: drive. What can be simpler? - let's...
  10. Could not delete partiton

in Windows 10 Support
    Could not delete partiton: I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the commands clean and clean all. Before completing clean all, I ejected my drive. Then I tried create partition primary and it...