Windows 10: Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

Discus and support Recover Data After Ubuntu Use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, its all abou my server PC, i have total 2HDD, and they were used on Ubuntu Server, i have switched to windows, i want my data back, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m1s3rys1gn4l, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

Hello guys, its all abou my server PC,
    i have total 2HDD, and they were used on Ubuntu Server,
    i have switched to windows, i want my data back, what to do ?

sorry for my Bad English *Sad *Huh

:)

m1s3rys1gn4l, Jul 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 dual boot with Ubuntu gone wrong

Hi,

I was able to recover all the data on my windows partition by booting into Ubuntu live and found all data on windows.old folder. The Ubuntu was on an extended partition but currently it says it is unallocated. If I install a fresh copy of Windows I will
    lose all the data on Ubuntu. I think I will have to live with that unless I can recover Ubuntu data somehow. Thanks for your replies.

harish shankara, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e during startup

I recommend you remove the drive, install a it in an external hard disk enclosure, connect it to a working computer then try recovering your files.

How to Recover Data from a Hard Drive that Won't Boot - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/recover-data-n...

Or, try making a bootable of Ubuntu on a working computer, then try booting from it to see if it recognizes the drives.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Andre Da Costa, Jul 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

When you switched to Windows, did you back up your files first? How did you Switch? Tell us exactly which HDD had Ubuntu on it and exactly how you went about installing Windows?
    Since Linux and Windows have totally different file system, you would have had to format the OS drive to install Windows. Meaning you will have lost all data.
    Have you tried booting to an Ubuntu Live CD to see if you can view your files? If not you can use the free TestDisk program, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.

spunk, Jul 19, 2016
  5. have total 3hdd, and i have installed Ubuntu on HDD1, but i didnt do anything with other 2 drive, they are still untouched , i think i have ask like that "can i chage partition type without data loss "

m1s3rys1gn4l, Jul 19, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    What file format is the HDD1? Is it ext2, 3 or 4? Did you already switch to Windows on that drive? (ie) formatted the drive NTFS? What file format are the other two HDD's? if the other two HDD's are NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT you should still be able to view and edit the files.
    The only way to convert ext2 etc file system to NTFS is to copy the data from the drives to another drive and delete the ext partitions, create new partitions and Format them NTFS

spunk, Jul 19, 2016
  7. If all else fails, boot from the Ubuntu disk as a "Live" operating system. Then you should be able to copy your files from the Linux partitions to an external drive.

DeaconFrost, Jul 19, 2016
  8. Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

Thank you all guys *Smile i will copy all data With Ubuntu Live / / /

m1s3rys1gn4l, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

1. Recover Data After Ubuntu Use - Similar Threads - Recover Data Ubuntu

2. Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows: HeyIf i use a recovery media to uninstall ubuntu and what not, windows will install for 30 days. Does this mean the preloaded windows 10 pro is gone?My active question on askubuntu.com https://askubuntu.com/questions/1399102/how-to-uninstall-ubuntu-server-20-04-on-notebook...
  3. Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows: HeyIf i use a recovery media to uninstall ubuntu and what not, windows will install for 30 days. Does this mean the preloaded windows 10 pro is gone?My active question on askubuntu.com https://askubuntu.com/questions/1399102/how-to-uninstall-ubuntu-server-20-04-on-notebook...
  4. Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recover Data after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Data after reinstalling Windows.: Recently , to upgrade my windows 10 build to latest build , I downloaded iso file and booted to sandisk. I try to install it on my SSD which have the previous windows installed. So I formated and when I try install on it, GPT partition style error occures.Then using cmd...
  6. Recover data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover data: Can i still recover my data after I diskpart cleaned it in cmd and added a new simple value to it. submitted by /u/CommunicationCute977 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls65bh/recover_data/
  7. Recovering data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering data: Hi I recently made a a clean win 10 install with a usb and i lost all my files is there a way to get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-data/03a6227a-8499-4c0e-9797-53e4f5ce36e8
  8. Recover lost data after mishandling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover lost data after mishandling: Hi everyone I'm looking for a free tool to retrieve data I lost after mishandling from my little cousin. He totally removed the only user installed (reset to factory value or maybe he formatted the disk I'm not sure) can anyone help please? submitted by /u/kheirus [link]...
  9. Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso): Hello, I have a copy of a crashed Ubuntu system's hard drive, which is in iso format. This copy was made with some Linux recovery software (can't remember how's it called). Now I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and it would be great to recover the lost work I did in...
  10. how to recover data after reformatting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover data after reformatting: good day I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be deleted. and now, how can I recover my apps like Microsoft Office Suite? I'm waiting for your reply. thank you...