Windows 10: Recover data from RAW disk?

Discus and support Recover data from RAW disk? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alesyt0h, Nov 26, 2015.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Recover data from RAW disk?

Hello all!

I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools.

I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the following:

Total space on disk: 448gb
    Space available on disk: 448gb

I've read something that on raw filesystem Windows can't see the drive then I'm wondering, if diskparts says that the space available is the same tan total disk, does it mean that I've lost all my data? Is really important for me to recover the data.

I've installed Windows 10 on another drive, but the drive isn't recognized, not in diskpart, not in Windows explorer, and tried about 5-6 programs for recover data on raw disk/partition and none of them saw my disk.

The main question is if I lost all my data, because if not, I will give it to the shop for repair it.

Thank you so much!

:)

alesyt0h, Nov 26, 2015

2. Volume become RAW after failed reseting

I can't format it now, because most of my data are in that driver and i'm still finding a way to recover them. I tried some programs for recovering data from RAW driver but not work, they did just result in random stuff, weird files, weird formats.

AlicelD-01, Nov 26, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Nov 26, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Assuming the disk is not physically damaged and it is detected in BIOS and in Disk Management, then you can recover most of your data (depending on the presence and number of bad sectors and other issues) using special tools that ignore the partition information and search the drive sector-by-sector. There are several tools to use. I use Get Data Back (NTFS version in your case). This utility requires registration. The free version detects your data but won't save them to another disk! However, there are other free tools to try (such as Recuva), just Google "Data recovery". There is also a Windows Live CD based on Windows 10 that has a free data recovery tool (Recuva, haven't tried that myself). Download the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your computer (less than 4GB or more than 4GB RAM). Other live CD with recovery and many other tools is Digiwiz MiniPE (Google it).

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Not likely. If a previously NTFS partition is now shown as RAW it means that it is either formatted or corrupt partition table In either case (assuming a quick format, not a full format) a recovery utility can detect and recover your files.

spapakons, Dec 2, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    I got here because I received an e-mail about a new post in this thread. Where it is? Anyway, I have tried some utilities for data recovery and I mention them in case I can help. I have tried Get Data Back, Recuva, Data Rescue and Minitool Power Data Recovery Tool. I hope that helps.

spapakons, Mar 4, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    On no account use file recovery tools you need specific partition recovery software the files will come back if the partition table is recovered

Samuria, Mar 4, 2017
  8. spapakons Win User

Some utilities can find only deleted files. This is not helpful in the case of a raw partition (corrupted partition table). In that case you must use utilities that can search the entire disk surface independently of the file system, such as Get Data Back or Data Rescue. There is also an option in Minitool Partition Wizard called "Partition Recovery" This scans the raw partition and attempts to identify the partition table. It then can correct it to see the files. If that fails, you should use a data recovery utility like their own Minitool Power Data Recovery.

spapakons, Mar 4, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recover data from RAW disk? - Similar Threads - Recover data RAW

2. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  3. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  4. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  6. Recovering Data from 3.5" Floppy Disks in Windows 10

Recovering Data from 3.5" Floppy Disks in Windows 10: Hi all, I am trying to recover data from a number of old 3.5" disks without success. I'm using Windows 10 and both a TEAC uf000x usb floppy drive and also an unknown Toshiba drive Listed as TEAC FD-05PUB under my hardware. Both are having the same issue - I can't open my...
  7. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed: Hello, I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting the drive to my PC to see what was on there via SATA E: Drive, I was able to interact with the files on it and run .exe...
  8. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  9. Recovering a "RAW" drive

Recovering a "RAW" drive: Ordinary 6TB HDD plugged into an external carrier, USB3 to the laptop. Worked fine. Had a situation where the power went off and on to the carrier several times and suddenly the HDD says it's NOT formatted, it's a 'RAW' drive. I don't want to recover the 250,000 or so files...
  10. Recover unallocated space on data disk

Recover unallocated space on data disk: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC, with OS on Samsung 950 PRO. For data disk, at this stage, I use a Samsung 840 PRO which I transferred from my old 8.1 PC. The data disk now shows in diskmanagment 351MB unallocated space, and 119 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition). How...