Windows 10: Recover data from Simple Volume

Discus and support Recover data from Simple Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I converted a partition of my HDD to a simple volume, and on my other partition was an ext4 which I then changed back to NTFS. Now, the NTFS has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyLancer, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Recover data from Simple Volume

Hi
    I converted a partition of my HDD to a simple volume, and on my other partition was an ext4 which I then changed back to NTFS. Now, the NTFS has been picked up by Windows 10 as the "main" drive, and now doesn't recognize the simple volume and as a result, my files are stuck on the simple volume(which I cannot see).

How would I go about recovering the data?

Here is a screenshot of the current situation (if it does help).
    Recover data from Simple Volume [​IMG]

:)

TonyLancer, Feb 27, 2018
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 27, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Cannot remove a "Retired" drive in Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Thanks for reporting back with your solution.

"The lesson I took away from this experience was NOT to use any Simple volumes on my Storage Spaces pool...

If I did not have that Simple volume on my pool, I would have saved about 2 weeks of troubleshooting
    "

Duly noted. While a painful experience, at least you recovered the data, so you're still ahead.

"What I think we need is some kind of "vacate drive" command"

I wonder if there is a 3d party specialized disk management program for this sort feature, or maybe

something in Win Pro/Ultimate ?

BossDweeb, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

Recover data from Simple Volume

1. Recover data from Simple Volume - Similar Threads - Recover data Simple

2. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  3. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  4. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. recover deleted volume from ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover deleted volume from ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-from-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  6. recover deleted volume from ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted volume from ssd: how to recover a deleted volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-volume-from-ssd/a339c8b5-be85-46ec-bf0b-66a4e3e696b1
  7. recover deleted volume from ssd

8. Recovering Data from DiskPart Clean

Recovering Data from DiskPart Clean: I've accidentally used DiskPart clean without knowing that it would wipe all data on my thumb drive, what is a simple way on getting these files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-data-from-diskpart-clean/f3a235ed-6c5b-45c0-9b41-5347c7d3a6ae
  9. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  10. Simple/spanned volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simple/spanned volume: Hi, I have two physical drives in my PC -SSD (using it as bootable drive and old HDD (for storing files). On the second drive which is the HDD there were 3 partitions - system reserved, C drive and D (use it for files). Since the operating system is starting from the SSD i...