Windows 10: Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

Discus and support Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bencuri, Sep 2, 2018.

1. bencuri Win User

Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my Windows drive during the process. Mac OSX formatted it to Mac file system, and wrote 6GB of data on it (the installer data).

What can I do now to recover my lost drive data? I guess I can not restore a bootable drive, but would like to save as many files as possible. I have seen many recovery software are file specific. I would like to recover especially my Sony Vegas .veg extension project files. Any software you recommend to use?

Should I delete the Mac partition now from Windows and try to recover files like that, or should I leave things as is?

:)

bencuri, Sep 2, 2018
  2. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Sep 2, 2018
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    USB Drive on MAC OSx & Windows

Can i use a Flash Drive formatted with FAT system in windows on MAC OSX ?

If not, how can i do so ?

wolf2009, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

1. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition - Similar Threads - Recover files Mac

2. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive: Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared driveHave successfully mapped the OSX server share as Z: this required SMB 1 to be installed Windows 10From file manager I can navigate to the share and copy over files and remotely create folders etc. I cannot save an export from...
  3. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive: Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared driveHave successfully mapped the OSX server share as Z: this required SMB 1 to be installed Windows 10From file manager I can navigate to the share and copy over files and remotely create folders etc. I cannot save an export from...
  4. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering Files From Lost Partition

Recovering Files From Lost Partition: I forgot to backup my files before installing the windows multimedia tool to my external drive. I tried running recuva but it can't see the "lost partition" . My system sees my 930gb drive as 31.9gb and recuva only scans 31.9gb. Please help....
  6. Blue screen from windows 10 usb formatted through osx

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen from windows 10 usb formatted through osx: I just built a pc and I wanted to install Windows 10 as the OS. I only have apple devices so I had to create the installation USB through disk utility in the MS-DOS format. I was able to get to a windows loading screen after the post screen, but after that, it displayed a...
  7. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...
  8. Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network: I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to the Windows 10 computer. To my knowledge, no changes have been made to my small office network (Windows 10, Mac, Centos 7...
  9. recovering files from a formatted drive

in Windows 10 Support
    recovering files from a formatted drive: What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements) 89011
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after os x restore windows error not formatted

2. recover files from a osx