Windows 10: Recover Formatted HD

Discus and support Recover Formatted HD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally quick formatted one of my audio data hard drives. I then used Recuva to recover my data. Recuva recovered everything but there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdieckmeyer, May 23, 2016.

1. Recover Formatted HD

I accidentally quick formatted one of my audio data hard drives. I then used Recuva to recover my data. Recuva recovered everything but there are no directories or file structure. In other words, there are 326 files called bass1, bass2 etc. There are 1,236 vocal files, 657 kick drum files etc. I have no idea which directory or song these files belong to. Next I tried using Get Data Back, but i got the same results. None of the results came back with the files in their respective directories.

In the past I used Get Data Back for a crashed HD and it recovered everything with all the directories in tact.

So I'm wondering if there's a procedure or setting I'm missing or if there's something else I can do to recover the data, so the files will align with there respective directories.

Thanks

Marty

:)

mdieckmeyer, May 23, 2016

2. I had Win 10 as part of by buy of my Dell Inspiron 15.

I had to format the HD, the technician that effected the format left the machine with Win 7 and I cannot recover my payd win 10.

Any help?

# Flavio Musa de Freitas Guimaraes, May 23, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows Technician formatted my Storage HDD

I doubt that you'll be able to recover files etc from a formatted drive but if it's possible I'm sure someone with more experience in recovering files from a formatted HD will post.

If possible you could try
    Recuva

Time Lady, May 23, 2016
  4. Recover Formatted HD

Slartybart, May 24, 2016
  5. WillyBo Win User
    WillyBo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recover Formatted HD

1. Recover Formatted HD - Similar Threads - Recover Formatted

2. Is it possible to recover the Windows authentication key after formatting the computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to recover the Windows authentication key after formatting the computer?: I formatted my computer, a 2013 HP all in one and I did not save my Windows 8.1 activation key and some guy already downloaded Windows 10 and the key that PowerShell returns is not valid. Is there any hope for me to recover the Windows key that was loaded from the factory to...
  3. Is it possible to recover the Windows authentication key after formatting the computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to recover the Windows authentication key after formatting the computer?: I formatted my computer, a 2013 HP all in one and I did not save my Windows 8.1 activation key and some guy already downloaded Windows 10 and the key that PowerShell returns is not valid. Is there any hope for me to recover the Windows key that was loaded from the factory to...
  4. Is it possible to recover the Windows authentication key after formatting the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Formatted my external hard drive with WIndows 11 Installation Media and trying to recover files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted my external hard drive with WIndows 11 Installation Media and trying to recover files: I have tried to install a clean version of Windows 11 on my computer. I have missed the portions within the guide I used and downloading the Installation files onto the hard drive will format the entire drive. I used my external hard drive as I could not find any suitable...
  6. Formatted my external hard drive with WIndows 11 Installation Media and trying to recover files

Formatted my external hard drive with WIndows 11 Installation Media and trying to recover files: I have tried to install a clean version of Windows 11 on my computer. I have missed the portions within the guide I used and downloading the Installation files onto the hard drive will format the entire drive. I used my external hard drive as I could not find any suitable...
  7. Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?: The Situation is - I have a 120GB SSD drive which I was using as an external drive in a USB 3.0 Casing. The Drive had bitlocker enabled and I had lots of photos on it. Recently I wanted to move to bigger drive so, I copied all the photos from this drive to the new drive and...
  8. Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?

Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?: The Situation is - I have a 120GB SSD drive which I was using as an external drive in a USB 3.0 Casing. The Drive had bitlocker enabled and I had lots of photos on it. Recently I wanted to move to bigger drive so, I copied all the photos from this drive to the new drive and...
  9. how do i recover documents that has bitlocker on then and formatted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i recover documents that has bitlocker on then and formatted: my pc had a motherboard issue, it was replaced but i noticed that the ssd was encrypted with a bitlocker, it was then formatted. can i still recover documents on them?...
  10. how do i recover documents that has bitlocker on then and formatted

how do i recover documents that has bitlocker on then and formatted: my pc had a motherboard issue, it was replaced but i noticed that the ssd was encrypted with a bitlocker, it was then formatted. can i still recover documents on them?...