Windows 10: Recover Windows License

Discus and support Recover Windows License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I bought a new laptop that came with Windows 8 Home OEM pre-installed. Then I was able to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Home for free. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by parkeralex, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Recover Windows License

Hi guys,
    I bought a new laptop that came with Windows 8 Home OEM pre-installed. Then I was able to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Home for free. I searched online and found a website that gave me a product key of the Pro version. I used that code plus KMSPico to activate it on my PC. Because it is pirated, I would like to get my genuine Windows 10 Home back. What should I do? Could anyone please help me with that?
    Thank you very much indeed!
    Alex
    My laptop is Acer Aspire E5-571P-55TL

:)

parkeralex, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Jelsin Win User

Deleted device before reactivating windows 10

I used the free update. I think the pc had a pirated windows 7 copy before. Is there any way i can recover the free update license? i might have a windows 7 oem key, in case i cant recover the free update license can that windows 7 oem key work?

thanks.

Jelsin, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Recovering Windows 10 License

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Recover Windows License

Hello and welcome:

This forum has a zero-tolerance policy re: piracy (Rule #4 here).

However, since you wish to revert to a properly legal version of Windows, perhaps one of our members expert in this area will be along to assist you.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 15, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I'm not sure if this will do it, but give it a try:

Go to this thread and get ShowKeyPlus: Showkey - Windows 10 Forums
    Download it, unblock in properties,
    extract it to where you wish and run it.
    You will get something like this(I have click to mask the whole key numbers except the last 4 here)
    1.)OEM the key that's embedded in Windows 8 PC's and newer BIOS.
    2.)Original key is actually the key you last used.
    3.)Intalled key is the generic key for your Win10 activation.

Recover Windows License [​IMG]

You will need the OEM key, that is embedded in your BIOS.
    Open the settings app, navigate to Update & Security>>>Activation,
    Try giving your OEM key there.

Recover Windows License [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Thanks for your reply!
    May I reset my laptop to Windows 10 Home with the OEM key and remove the current installed key (which is the pirated Pro version)?

parkeralex, Jun 15, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried what I posted above?

Cliff S, Jun 15, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Recover Windows License

You are going to have to do a clean install of Windows Home (either 8.1 or 10, doesn't matter). It's really just that simple.

NavyLCDR, Jun 15, 2016
  9. Change product code only lets you go up in version not down. Enter a Home key in a Pro install and you'll get a this key doesn't match this version message. That's not the exact wording but its something like that. That PC will already have a legal digital entitlement for Home stored on the activation server. Do a clean install of Home with a skip when asked for a key and it will activate with the digital entitlement. I'd want to do a clean install anyway, as you don't know what other goodies may have installed with that activation cheat. I'd want no traces of it left on my system.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recover Windows License

1. Recover Windows License - Similar Threads - Recover License

2. Recovering Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Windows 10 Digital License: Guys, i recently received a laptop from my roommate, the laptop is arround >10 years old, it has intel i3 3rd gen & 2GB RAM. He had given the laptop to someone else before and that guys messed it up, so when he gave it to me i wiped the drive and did a clean install of...
  3. Recovering Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Windows 10 Digital License: Guys, i recently received a laptop from my roommate, the laptop is arround >10 years old, it has intel i3 3rd gen & 2GB RAM. He had given the laptop to someone else before and that guys messed it up, so when he gave it to me i wiped the drive and did a clean install of...
  4. Recovering Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can I recover my windows 11 license from my broken laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover my windows 11 license from my broken laptop?: I bought a custom built laptop last year, two days ago I spilled lot of water on it.Now I cannot turn it on.I am on vacation currently and I am planning to order a new pc,is there any way I can recover the license and reuse it on the new pc or do I need to purchase a new...
  6. Can I recover my windows 11 license from my broken laptop?

Can I recover my windows 11 license from my broken laptop?: I bought a custom built laptop last year, two days ago I spilled lot of water on it.Now I cannot turn it on.I am on vacation currently and I am planning to order a new pc,is there any way I can recover the license and reuse it on the new pc or do I need to purchase a new...
  7. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  8. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  9. Is there a way to recover a license from devices I removed from my account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to recover a license from devices I removed from my account?: I recently had to swap to a new motherboard after my previous one got fried. Upon installing Windows 10 on the new hardware, I'd absentmindedly installed the Pro version, but only had a license for the Home version. Problem is, I only realized that I can't activate this...
  10. Is there a way to recover a license from devices I removed from my account?

Is there a way to recover a license from devices I removed from my account?: I recently had to swap to a new motherboard after my previous one got fried. Upon installing Windows 10 on the new hardware, I'd absentmindedly installed the Pro version, but only had a license for the Home version. Problem is, I only realized that I can't activate this...