Windows 10: Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space

Discus and support Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying with no success to combine a 350mb unallocated space with ,my primary partition. But after creating a new simple volume and formatting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space

I'm trying with no success to combine a 350mb unallocated space with ,my primary partition.
    But after creating a new simple volume and formatting the "Extend" option for the primary partition is disabled.

Any way to combine the 350mb and the primary?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 november update messed up my system

Increase the size of the 350mb System Reserved partition to 500mb. I suggest you use Easeus Partition Master (freeware) to resize your partitions.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

To increase the size of the 350mb partition you first need to reduce the size of C. This enables you to increase the size of the 350mb partition by taking up the space C has vacated. When you resize partitions it is all
    about before and after. Thus in the simple operation of C giving up space to the 350mb partition when resizing or reducing the size of C, the free space needs to be created before C. This enables you to resize the 350mb partition by expanding into the free
    space you now have after the 350mb partition. When you have done the above apply the changes.

This page from the Easeus web site explains visually.
    Resize operations - EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Extending partion in windows 10

It downloaded this time, with no issues, its still 1 meg bigger than it says it should be...but, if you have had no issues.

Looking at the instructions and capabilities of the free version. It will merge unalocated space on C to C.

I need to merge unallocated space on D to C (C and D are on the same physical drive).

Will the free version do this? The comparison chart says it will NOT "Allocate free space from one partition to another"

Janning197, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

What is the total size of the drive? The partition at 350MB is relatively small/insignificant now-a-days.

Berton, Jul 4, 2016
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    Even if the 350 is insignificant, how would I add it to the primary partition.
    Ys I know. I have plenty of space. I paid for this drive but I unable to use it all.

JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Whatphoeb, Jul 4, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    It is more complicated than that. If the partition is before the special non-moveable hidden MSR partition, OP may need to delete that as well.

This can have consequences for future changes, use of encryption etc.

cereberus, Jul 4, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Yep. We can't offer any advice until we see a screenshot of disk management and see where the unallocated space is. And - actually, because the hidden MSR partition does not show up on disk management, we may need to see a screenshot of the partition layout from a program like MiniTool Partition Wizard.

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Yeah forgot about last point.

cereberus, Jul 4, 2016
  10. JamesJoey Win User
    Sorry about the delay.
    Here's a screen shot of Disk Management.

Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space [​IMG]

Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space [​IMG]

James

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
  11. Beowulf1 Win User
    Try extending the Documents partition without formatting 350mb unallocated.

Beowulf1, Sep 26, 2016
  12. spunk Win User
    You can only extend a volume if the Unallocated Space is to the Right of the Partition (Volume) you wish to extend. The 351 MB volume is Left of both partitions. You cannot extend to the left unless you use a 3rd party partitioning tool. Doing this may destroy the C: drives boot file and not worth it.
    As has been stated, 351 MB is just too small and insignificant to use or worry about.

spunk, Sep 26, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I agree.. it's not worth the effort or possible issues for that amount of storage.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 26, 2016
  14. cereberus Win User
    Actually, I would install minitool partition wizard free and then you can move the C drive to the left.

However, I would do this for a different reason, as it seems a bit daft to have a 900+ GB C drive and only a 4 GB D drive.

Personally, if it was me, I would reduce the C drive to around 300 GB, and make the D drive 600+GB. Then I would only use the C drive for OS+programs, and the D drive for data storage. This makes reinstalling OS+programs easier as it would not affect D drive (assuming you do it carefully). Of course, you have a second drive anyway, but it does not hurt to keep valuable data kept on at least two drives.

cereberus, Sep 26, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Good call. I agree that having an external/internal D drive would be much better and then just merge the current D with the C. Given the cost of drives these days a 1tb drive is dirt cheap.

BunnyJ, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space - Similar Threads - Recovering 350mb Unalocated

2. Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action: Hello, I was using the File Recovery tool to recover a folder from my external hard drive E with below steps: 1- winfr E: C: /regular 2- "Ctrl+C" to cancel the process halfway through as I realized C drive did not have enough space 3- noted that my Drive C was missing...
  3. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Unallocated Disk Space: How can I recover 15.18GB of unallocated space shown below: [ATTACH] preferably using Disk Management or cmd but not 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-unallocated-disk-space/fab332ab-883e-4f73-8645-d70c16d8728b
  4. Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure

Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure: There must be a very simple answer to this question so I am hoping ........... I've been researching the internet for days for a solution. Some time ago, I came across W10 Storage Spaces utility and thought this would be a good solution to protect my data. I bought 2 3TB...
  5. Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space: I now using AMOEI products for file backup / partition management, now I have created some backup files differential that are 100Gb I need to delete to recover disk space. When I try to use std Windows delete function I have left for 5 hours and it still says "calculating"...
  6. Second Hard drive has waisted space that I cannot recover

Second Hard drive has waisted space that I cannot recover: I have a small ssd drive C that my operating system is on. When it was installed the operating system and a recovery partition was created on this C: drive. Sytem is windows 10 version 10.0 build 17763 This left my E: drive with 2 recovery partitions and an EFI system...
  7. Recover unallocated space on data disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover unallocated space on data disk: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC, with OS on Samsung 950 PRO. For data disk, at this stage, I use a Samsung 840 PRO which I transferred from my old 8.1 PC. The data disk now shows in diskmanagment 351MB unallocated space, and 119 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition). How...
  8. How do I recover/repair my storage space?

How do I recover/repair my storage space?: I apologize if this is not in the correct forum. I have a storage space on my personal computer that consists of 3 drives. My storage space is setup as parity. Last night I rebooted my machine and allowed it to install new Windows Updates and this morning when I came back...
  9. How to recover a volume accidentally delete from Storage Spaces

How to recover a volume accidentally delete from Storage Spaces: Need urgent help here: 1. I have a Mass Storage Space created and it included 3 disks 2. In Disk Manager, I accidentally deleted the volume on the storage space 3. The files are all there on the three disk as in the Storage Space management page the disks are all showing...
  10. Recovering the space of the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering the space of the recovery partition: I've seen references that Windows 10 does not require a recovery partition. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with a 256GB SSD that has a 450MB rec partition. I bought it used so I dk whether it was upgraded from 7/8--probably--and the partition stayed there or was upgraded to...