Windows 10: Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva

Discus and support Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Samsung J7 Max is showing as a device in My computer and not as a drive and thus not seen in Recuva for scan. How to show my mobile as a drive so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Oct 16, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva

My Samsung J7 Max is showing as a device in My computer and not as a drive and thus not seen in Recuva for scan. How to show my mobile as a drive so that Recuva could recognize this or is there any other method by which I could recover my deleted Videos or GIF.

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

windows.old folder deleted

There may be a chance to recover from this deleted folder, though Windows.old tends to be a rather large folder!

You can try using a program called Recuva available from

HERE
    , which is free. Be aware that to have a chance at recovering the files you should avoid writing to your hard drvie or using other programs, as the files that they create might overwrite the
    data that was deleted.

You should run Recuva from a large USB Flash Drive and recover onto that drive.

You should never recover files onto the same drive and the recovered files might overwrite other files you want to recover

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Recover permanently deleted files

I know you have tried Recuva however it may still work with some tips from its experts.

Best to check in the Recuva Forums. Even though you used Shift + Delete the files are just marked deleted on the hard drive. Please check in the Recuva Forums for more specific help from the experts there.

This might help you recover a file or a previous version (all versions of Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1, & 10).

ShadowExplorer.com - About

ShadowExplorer - Recover Lost Files and Folders (Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1, & 10)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/132087-sha...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recuva - Free - recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!

Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Recuva - Forums - help here

Piriform Community Forums

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva

For complete recovery, you need to ROOT your phone. Are you prepared to do that? It is the only way to get full access to the storage on your phone.

If your photos and videos are on an µSD-card and your PC has a card reader, then remove the card from the phone and insert it in your Windows PC using an µDS->SD adapter and use Recuva for recovery.

slicendice, Oct 16, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I doubt Recuva will work any more for internal drive as most mobiles use MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), instead of the older UMS (Universal Mass Storage).

Internal drives on phones are in Ext4 format these days, and the MTP drivers sit on top, so PC does not know anything about original storage format. The older UMS used Fat32, which recuva could probably work with, but UMS has been largely abandoned since Android 4.

The problem with UMS, was system had to have two fixed partitions (fat32 and ext4), and was not alterable, so storage space for data could not be optimised. Not only that, if partition was connected to a pc, it was not visible from phone.

So, I think it is pretty much impossible to recover files on internal memory with Recuva. External drives are different of course.

However, there are ways of recovering files from android

Android File Recovery - Get Files Back from Android Phone/Tablets

Even then, it will need root permission. Problem is rooting drive may need files to be installed on phone, overwriting some or all of data you want to recover.

cereberus, Oct 16, 2017
  6. @cereberus

Exactly what I was referring to in my post. ROOT required for internal storage recovery. Without ROOT only possible to recover files from microSD card if removing it from the phone and recovering on a PC.

slicendice, Oct 16, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    I was clarifying that it is not just rooting, but more complicated, and Recuva will almost certainly not work.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva

1. Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva - Similar Threads - Recovering deleted files

2. Recover files from deleted profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files from deleted profile: How can I recover the files I had on a device if my account was deleted by the administrator?I had a user profile on a windows 11 device and it was deleted by mistake and now I can't find a way to restore the files I had on it.I have already tried to back up but it does not...
  3. Recover files from deleted profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover files from deleted profile: How can I recover the files I had on a device if my account was deleted by the administrator?I had a user profile on a windows 11 device and it was deleted by mistake and now I can't find a way to restore the files I had on it.I have already tried to back up but it does not...
  4. cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.: I can run the command line cipher /w:c:\ just fine. Then when I run the Recuva program, hundreds of files are displayed, most of whom can be recovered, not what I expect to see. Any suggestions anyone?...
  5. recover deleted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover deleted file: How do I recover an accidentally deleted file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-file/7efd2f58-f540-49c7-b03a-3a3cdfe466a1
  6. Problem with mirroring screen Samsung J7 screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with mirroring screen Samsung J7 screen on windows 10: I am using the latest version of windows 10. I wished to mirror the screen of Samsung j7 duo to my laptop. My phone recognizes my laptop in the devices available for smart view . The connect app asks me for the permission, it says will mirror Samsung j7 soon, but then...
  7. Recover deleted file

Recover deleted file: How do I recover a deleted excel file saved to an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-file/1eabe586-1f95-4b5e-907f-c68e5b2abb13"
  8. recover deleted files

recover deleted files: how to recover deleted files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-files/42eb1afa-2c3b-4326-b38e-1f0329a8407a"
  9. Recovering Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering Deleted Files: Hi everyone, please take time and pay attention reading so we don't go around in circles while anyone tries to help me, thanks in advance. Two Days ago two folders with photoshop .psd files and /png files disappeared along with some program shortcuts. At some point i...
  10. recover deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    recover deleted files: Hello, I realise this problem would be similar regardless of which Windows being used. I partitioned my HD and moved documents to new partition. Mistakenly removed the partition without restoring files. Is there any way of recovering the lost files? Thank You 21072