Windows 10: Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

Discus and support Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PayneTrain, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors along the way.

Now, however, I am trying to restore files from the backup I made prior to the clean install. If I look on my HDD, it shows all the files from my C:/ and D:/ drives there but only files from the C:/ drive are restored onto the computer.

Is the backup corrupted or am I missing something? Thanks!

EDIT -- Only folders are being restored for some reason and not any of the files in them. The files are visible on my external drive in the backup but can't be opened or run because "the side-by-side configuration was incorrect".

EDIT 2 -- I fixed it! I had several backups made spanning a few days and using an older backup had all the files present. I suppose the newer backups only had the files that were modified since that date.

:)

PayneTrain, Oct 9, 2015

2. restore backup files as recovery from image

i created my windows backup by "set up backup option " in (backup and restore(windows 7)) then will it can be recover by recovery from image file in recovery options ?

just like same as i recover windows from image file ?

if my all hardrive is clear then there is nothing then can i recovery from it ? as i make backup in usb drive

waleedraza123, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Restoring phone backup to replacement device

What if I want to get the pictures from the old backup restored? The zune page that was posted didn't mention that.

Is there a way to recover pictures from the backup file without the phone that goes with that backup file?

AndrewCarlile_975, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

1. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored - Similar Threads - Recovering Files Backup

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  6. Restore Files from Backup

Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  7. A few files from backup aren't restored from backup

A few files from backup aren't restored from backup: A few weeks ago I had to make a backup of my laptop, because I sent it in to be fixed. However when I restored my files from the back up, a few files I made 2-3 weeks before I sent my laptop in didnt show up, I did turn on ''show hidden items"/searched them by name in file...
  8. Recovering backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering backup files: 1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems. Immediately made system repair disk and backed up files to an external 1TB hard drive. Recently computer's Hard Drive warned of...
  9. Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10): So I just got a new computer, and I'm attempting to migrate all my files from the old computer's hard drive to the new one. So I'll list what I have tried so far: System Image Backup: I made a system image backup of my old hard drive using the built-in Windows tool,...
  10. Backup and Restore Files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Files: Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7. First thing I did after completing updates and...