Windows 10: Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

Discus and support Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by halfer, Jul 16, 2016.

1. halfer Win User

Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

Hello.
    I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today.
    After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned into a Recovery Loop. Unable to boot Safe Mode (none of its forms) also. My OS X install still worked, so I made a Bootable USB drive with "Partition Wizard Bootable CD Free Edition". To my surprise, the partition was visible, and, more than that, it seemed to be perfectly intact, meaning, all the data seems to be there. However, DISKPART still doesn't count that partition as a volume.
    Here's what the Wizard shows. The 84 gig partition was the C drive before. (sorry for almost spelling a dirty word, originally it was a pun, now with all the drive letters messed up, it doesn't work)
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Here's diskpart list volume, as you can see, the "F**ke" partition that's next to the system one is there, however, it is now the C volume, before it was D

The system partition is not invisible, though, here it is when I type diskpart list partition, the "Unknown" 84 gig partition is the one.

So, as far as I understand: my system partition isn't recognised by the Windows bootloader, however, it is still there. The drive letters got messed up and the bootloader searches for the system on the wrong drive; I just need to "fix" the partition and change the drive letters. How do I do that, though?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: bootrec /ScanOS doesn't identify any Windows installations

:)

halfer, Jul 16, 2016

2. HELP I AM SO LOST

WINDOWS 10 WONT BOOT. STUCK IN BOOTLOADER LOOP. TRIED TO BOOT FROM USB NO KERNEL OR NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND ERROR. IM TOTALLY LOST!!! ORIGINAL ERRORS INVALID PARTITION TABLE, MISSING DATA FILE

anneyeomans, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Boot loop after opting out of insider preview

After choosing to opt out after a stable release is out and rebooting, My laptop is on a boot loop like the loading circle goes one full cycle but then on the next cycle , it freezes and tries to boot automatic repair but the same thing happens, when
    i tried to boot my laptop's recovery partition it showed that winload.efi has expired and i cant access my laptops recovery partition. Please help

Stefen AugustineAcepcion, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

1. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition - Similar Threads - Recovery boot loop

2. Antivirus cause loop boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus cause loop boot: Today I downloaded Avira antivirus because my laptop was slower than usually and started full virus scan. After almost 2 hour long scan, antivirus found 3 unwanted files and sent them in quarantine. When I deleted those files from quarantine, antivirus wanted to restart...
  3. Antivirus cause loop boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus cause loop boot: Today I downloaded Avira antivirus because my laptop was slower than usually and started full virus scan. After almost 2 hour long scan, antivirus found 3 unwanted files and sent them in quarantine. When I deleted those files from quarantine, antivirus wanted to restart...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  5. Lost boot partition

Lost boot partition: I recently upgraded to a Samsung 2TB drive, using the Samsung Data Migration software to clone my existing drive. In the process, the boot sector did not clone. How do I recreate the boot sector in order to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?...
  6. Windows Recovery Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Recovery Boot Loop: I am having issue loading up windows. I am stuck on a screen that says Windows Recovery and it tells me that windows could not start up properly. I’ve tried the advanced options, like the command prompt, the restore option, and I was able to go into Windows safe mode. But...
  7. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  8. Lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost recovery partition: I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk Utility software from Paragon and had the external drive connected to my PC. While in the Paragon software, the screen went black...
  9. lost boot and system partition!!

lost boot and system partition!!: hello i was update my windows 10 and this was happen. windows can't boot and in cmd didn't show any boot or system in info column. what should i do? i have a picture of working windows and my partitions pictures where is my boot and system? how can i make the boot and system...
  10. Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot: I used MicroTool partition manager to delete the extra partitions on an OS drive with win10 (leaving just the main C partition on the drive), and now the laptop will not recognize the SSD with the OS on it, and obviously cannot boot. I also tried using the bootable partition...